Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Problem description: I just got a GTX 960 (gaming) and it took a while to get installed. I have a monitor attached via DVI to the GPU and a TV attached via HDMI to the GPU. If I start my compute without the HDMI attached my BIOS (UEFI) screen displays fine on the monitor and then the monitor goes to sleep as it's getting no input. If I reattach the HDMI the TV stays black but then I hit enter and type in my password and it switches from black to my desktop. so Windows 10 must have been running anyway. Once I am on that screen I can access the NVIDIA control panel and regular display panel. I tried googling and following their fixes about setting my monitor as the primary display and then unhooking the HDMI. However once I restart my system it still tries to boot hdmi and I have to do the whole thing over. However if I check the NVIDIA panel it does list the monitor as the primary display despite not displaying it when I boot up. :saddowns:

Attempted fixes: Setting the monitor as my primary display in the NVIDIA control panel and unhooking the hdmi and rebooting

Recent changes: Added a GPU

Operating system: Windows 10 Home/Student

System specs:
Mobo - MSI Z170A PC Mate
GPU - MSI GTX960 Gaming

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Run DDU
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-

And then install the latest Nvidia drivers.

If that doesn't work also make sure you're on the latest BIOS:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-PC-MATE.html#down-bios

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I did both of those and it doesn't seem to have changed anything. The PC still sends the monitor to sleep after the BIOS screen finishes and I have to plug in the HDMI and then set up both screens. I have Live Update 6 and it says I have the latest BIOS etc.

• Locked thread