Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Perhaps bad to kill people? Unless they are like that guy in india that was filmed grinning as he tossed a young dog off a 2 story building. I would gladly take his life. Killing random people is probably not a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Blast of Confetti posted:

out of everyone in the world you could hypothetically kill you picked a puppy killer instead of the isis dudes who threw a 16 year old gay kid off a building gj

Boy you found me out. Clearly as I am upset about a dog being thrown off a roof, that makes me a homophobe.
G J

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Lolie posted:

It's poo poo like this which makes other countries worry about the militarisation of our own police forces, though. At least the actions of ours are somewhat related because our police are state/federal level organisations. Here you've got a situation where the actions of a police force which operates at local government level can set off a domino effect across the whole country.

I'm seriously having trouble wrapping my head around how a local chain of command decides that a military response like this is appropriate in a civilian policing situation, and I dread to think what the fallout is going to be. It has never ended well in the past and I can't see it being different this time.

But yes, those who say that we can't understand because we don't live in the US - and in the cities with deep racial divides in particular - are right. We can't. We can still be horrified, though, and we can use the US experience as a lesson in where we don't want to end up.

Trolling or is this honest to goodness hand wringing?

gently caress off either the case.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Lolie posted:

All bomb disposal units have "bombs". "Controlled detonations" are how bomb disposal robots work. Most police forces aren't allowed to use them to blow up people, though.

Seeing as he threatened to explode bombs (whether he has them or not is not a factor), and may have said he was willing to blow up one on his person, seems legit justified. The bomb squad was just doing what it would do with a possible explosive.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

OfficialGBSCaliph posted:

American police have mraps and assassin bots

Dont care that they have armored vehicles and they have had the latter for as long as bomb disposal units existed.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

I'm Crap posted:

*from atop mountain of semi-judicially executed black bodies* yall yurpeens is raesists now ya hear!

*the vast majority being bictims of black on black homicides*

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Minimalist Program posted:

Hm, that's weird because in the US it's actually normal for people to walk around with assault rifles in public.

Mine is a military highpower sniper assault rifle. (with shoulder thing that goes up)

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Minimalist Program posted:

It's a true fact.

Americans bring their guns to dinner in restaurants, all the time.

In the US it's normal to bring a gun to your child's wedding, and show it to the priest.

yes it is.

You try too hard. It would be funny were it not so pathetic.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

various cheeses posted:

Trump was all like "blame black people!" and Hillary was all like "blame black guns!", but as usual, the truth is somewhere in between (grey robots)

ftfy

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

4outof5 posted:

Nah open carry is pretty dumb all the way around:
The people who do it
The police over reaction to it
The internet debate about it

There are much better ways to advocate for 2nd amendment rights without being a dick about it. It's the firearms equivalent of being a ICP fan.

I view it like the sexual identity subject. I really don't care if you are carrying a firearm concealed (legally) and I do not care if you identify as something you were not born as. I do however, think you are a raging rear end in a top hat if your goal is to have that part of your life advertised on 10 volume and get upset when others are disgruntled at your asshattery.

I am an equal opportunity hater of attention whoring.

LOOK AT ME AND MY AGENDA!
Ok that's fine, lets...
NO, ACKNOWLEDGE IT AND STATE YOUR POSITION ON IT!
Well, I...
YOU loving PHOBIC PIECE OF INTOLERANT poo poo! :argh:

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 9, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

etalian posted:

I'm sad that the rogue shooter with a .50 cal sniper rifle hasn't happened yet.

I have a .50 caliber inline muzzleloader, and I have yet to shoot down a plane.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

fits my needs posted:

I bet your grandfather really hated it too when the blacks started getting "uppity" in the 60s and wanted to get served lunch like everyone else lol.

Are we now calling transvestites and open carry people races? I bet you are simply an idiot.
:shrug:

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

fits my needs posted:

what the gently caress are you even talking about? minority groups don't have to be races lmao.

sorry the idea of a chick having a dick gives you an uncomfortable half chub? :shrug:

Perhaps you should read my post again if you are getting this triggered.

This is you:

Literally
Shaking

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 10, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

fits my needs posted:

lol, not really. why don't you respond back to my question with a statement instead of south park or whatever?

i CLEARLY CANNOT KEEP UP WITH YOUR HIP AND EDGY CLEVER POSTING STYLE. i AM EVER SO INTIMIDATED BY YOUR SOCIAL CONCIOUSNESS.

edit: what on earth is wrong with my key caps

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Brannock posted:

remember! a cop is more likely to be shot by a black person than to shoot a black person. black people are waaay more likely to be shot by another black person than by a cop

(this is in no way denying that black people are killed by police 3x as often as white people)

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
:iiam:

Department of justice! :argh:

1. Legalize all drugs
b. Government to supply drugs and tax the hell out of it to fund drug treatment and mental health care
41. enjoy less crime, less LEO enforcement, less violence across the board
0. fini

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jul 10, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Faffel posted:

all this means is both white and black people commit crime at disgusting rates and that the Other group should take control of the government and police

The "other" group is neck and neck rate with whites per 100k though :shrug:
2/5th of a person less per 100k.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Faffel posted:

these god drat minorities

When it comes to murder, whites are in the minority.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

big shags posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-11/deray-mckesson-black-lives-matter-activist-arrested-baton-rouge/7584742
The thing sure looks like a major thoroughfare and this response seems kinda reasonable imo

quote:

Two activists who were witnesses told The Washington Post that it was a physically violent arrest.

Surely crying wolf will pay off!

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

He wasn't blocking traffic and

And your evidence of this is...

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

The live stream he was doing when he got arrested.

You mean the heavily edited clip from the above news story? Or do you have the unedited version?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

Look up his periscope stream. Around the four minute mark of unedited and uncut footage is when he gets arrested.

I am not looking up poo poo. Link it or gently caress off.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

He was clearly walking in the street you idiot. There was also clearly enough room to walk on the shoulder.

lol, and also edited.

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 10, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

No he wasn't. He was walking in the same place they had been all night with no issue.

Did you not even watch the video you just linked seconds ago?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

The one where he wasn't blocking traffic? Yeah I did. He was walking in the same place hundreds of protestors had been walking for several hours with no issue from police.

Why did it suddenly become an issue at that moment?

He was doing it for hours, I don't give a rats rear end at what point he was arrested. The entire lane was shut down in the video because of him and the "hundreds" of protesters doing the same thing (but oddly not in the video beyond maybe a handful)

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

He wasn't blocking traffic though.

Ah yes, because that lane being vacant of cars was due to an invisible racist force field. Him walking down the middle of the lane (as were others at times) had nothing to do with it. Nope.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

But he wasn't in the vacant lane.

Despite the video you posted showing exactly that for most of the time.
Makes you think.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

The "everybody else does it" defense. Awesome. Also, isn't that goalpost getting a bit heavy at this point?

Hey idiot, "blocking traffic" does not need to equate to Tiananmen Square.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

You originally asked me to provide evidence that he wasn't blocking traffic.

Now I am asking you to provide evidence that he was.

And if what he was doing was illegal, why was it only him and one other person that got arrested for walking there? If you get the leader the followers are allowed to continue breaking the law?

I did what you asked and provided the evidence you wanted. And I've been respectful towards you about it.

Now again, provide evidence to me that he was blocking traffic.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/alEUWzF6WUtiVkJhcXlLZXh8MURYeHlaanZyV1ZLTUeqwuA0FroEbYR-fkuoPoVS7A5Sid0t1LcaxZgMW-6b

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

I gave you a time (roughly four minutes in) in which he got arrested. Give me a time in the video when he was blocking traffic.

Roughly the entire time prior to roughly 4 minutes in. Note the magical lack of cars in the lane, and the arrested gentleman being in said lane for the bulk of the time.

Crazy, right? What is more likely:
a) It was a pedestrian lane
b) cars were not in the lane because asshats like this gentleman were in the lane

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

I didn't see him block traffic one time in the video. But you aren't arguing in good faith so I'm just going to assume that you don't care.

Define "block traffic" you insufferable child.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

Standing in front of traffic so that it can't get through, which would require standing in a lane on the road.

Something he did not do.

Cars are not allowed to drive where he was standing.

Video clearly shows him walking in the middle of said lane.
Video clearly shows traffic not using said lane due to people being in said lane.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Goddamn you are loving retarded.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

ITT: Lanesplaining; how limiting a 3 lane road to 2 lanes by walking in the third lane is not "blocking traffic".

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

TBeats posted:

Even though I don't see what you are seeing (I even see cars driving past him in the video), I'll humor you.

Shortly before he got arrested, the police told him if he stepped in the street again he would be arrested. He did not step in the street from that point on, which means he complied with the officers' demands.

So what was he arrested for? He did exactly what he was told.

Here also is a person who does not always see what is plain to others.
[

To add, here is a person that great injustice has been done toward:

You fit right in

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 10, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

he seems pretty clearly to be on the shoulder. there were some people walking in the lanes early in the video though.

That sure is a still frame of a video.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

the trump tutelage posted:

I had a nightmare last night where the demographic disproportionately responsible for violent crime was also disproportionately killed by police.
I had the same crazy dream. Woowzers

misty mountaintop posted:

My friend Vilerat recommended I start posting here.

Wow, edgy.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Nation posted:

you are a loving idiot, if the cops were there to do the job of enforcing the highway code at a protest march then every single person should be arrested right, but they by chance single out the one high profile streamer by accident... suck a dick fuckman

OR perhaps arresting the most "high profile" one might actually send a signal?

Go back to posting goatse, you sad brained man child.

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 11, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Nation posted:

this kitty has claws meowww

what signal are they sending?? we will arrest you for legally protesting

He wasn't acting legally. :eng101:

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Nation posted:

protesting is not illegal

he wasn't arrested for protesting :eng101:

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Nation posted:

oh i didn't realise you were just arguing the semantics of protesting and not just finding ways to illegitimise a social expression by the poorest and most vulnerable of society - i guess they should've gotten a permit

Most vulnerable. Perhaps they should commit murder more, as 8x the rate of whites is clearly still too darned vulnerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

ethanol posted:

frankly im pissed that guy has a job, anybody have an email address that i can send an angry letter to? i dont feel like protesting in the streets i just want sweet justice for being exposed to a federal overtime road rage

Could you be any more of a fragile minded pussy?

• Locked thread