Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious

there is a petition going and it is gaining traction!!

do what is right, rename fire ants to Spicy Boys

https://www.change.org/p/rename-fire-ants-to-spicy-boys

what do you think about the potential change? love it? hate it??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

lol

Piso Mojado

[in thickest lisp possible]

spicy boys

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Approved

Darkman Fanpage
the majority of ants are female (only drones are males and their sole purpose is to breed and die) so shouldnt it be spicy girls?

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Anyone can be s spicy boy

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i support this initiative unreservedly

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Let's rename mosquitos to Blood Flies and rename wasps to DIE MOTHERFUCKERS please

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Piso Mojado posted:

[in thickest lisp possible]

spicy boys

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

Ants are actually land shrimp

Piso Mojado

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Anyone can be s spicy boy

Ostentatious

Business Gorillas posted:

hm...an interesting theory, though fire ants are still spicy regardless

treasure bear

im against this on the ground th at nobody will be able to be called a spicy boy without ant confusion

City of Glompton

Business Gorillas posted:

I thought that was grasshoppers? I'm no expert though I could have been misled.

I'm glad there are no spicy boys where I live.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Business Gorillas

Ostentatious posted:

hm...an interesting theory, though fire ants are still spicy regardless

Dynamite shrimp and bang bang shrimp are things

Maybe we should start our own petition for them to be called bang bang boys

Business Gorillas

City of Glompton posted:

I thought that was grasshoppers? I'm no expert though I could have been misled.

I'm glad there are no spicy boys where I live.

Unfortunately you are mistaken. Grasshoppers are actually a type of lizard

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are the ants opinions on this??

Laurenz

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Yobgoblin posted:

What are the ants opinions on this??

yes, i feel like the spicy boys have no say on the matter

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
the spicy boys should be free to do what they want, except if it's not be called spicy boys

Piso Mojado

I don't think spicy boys care what you call them, as long as you call them

google THIS

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the majority of ants are female (only drones are males and their sole purpose is to breed and die) so shouldnt it be spicy girls?

copyright issues

FutonForensic

dominic you rat! I can't believe you would bury your own brother up to his neck and give him the ol' spicy boys

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FutonForensic posted:

dominic you rat! I can't believe you would bury your own brother up to his neck and give him the ol' spicy boys

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
evil villain: "ah mr. bond, we meet again, how unfortunate that you chose to meddle in my affairs, perhaps the spicy boys will make you reconsider your actions..."

007: *sarcastically, with one eyebrow raised* "the spicy boys?"

Piso Mojado

Luvcow posted:

evil villain: "ah mr. bond, we meet again, how unfortunate that you chose to meddle in my affairs, perhaps the spicy boys will make you reconsider your actions..."

007: *sarcastically, with one eyebrow raised* "the spicy boys?"

RestingB1tchFace

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
It's been a long time coming.

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
the spicy boys go marching one by one, ooh la la. ooh la la

~sig~

free Trapt CD

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

if a strapping young teen got bit by a radioactive spicy boy, would he become spicy boy boy?

"my parents were killed by spicy boys, so in the evenings i strike fear into the heart of crime... i am... spicy boy boy"

~sig~

free Trapt CD

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

adam and eve walking around the garden of eden naming poo poo
*oink*
i will call you... 'pig'.
*ssss*
hmm. 'ssss'. you are a 'snake'.
*swarming foot, biting: stinging*
OOOOoooooohhhh you spicy boys

~sig~

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

if a strapping young teen got bit by a radioactive spicy boy, would he become spicy boy boy?

"my parents were killed by spicy boys, so in the evenings i strike fear into the heart of crime... i am... spicy boy boy"

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
crash landed from another planet spicy boy was raised by humble farmers in the middle of nowhere, with amazing powers granted by venomous stingers he fights crime when not disguised as mild mannered reporter Clark Ant

MrWillsauce

one time I saw this scifi original movie about these spicy boys that made a computer out of themselves just because there was like a thousand spicy boys and their hive mind got smarter the more spicy boys there were and they ate this dude alive and it was brutal

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

"Joan Murray (born 1955)[1] is an American bank executive and skydiver who survived falling from a height of 14,500 feet (4400 meters).[2]

Murray lived in Charlotte, North Carolina and worked for Bank of America. She occasionally skydived before her accident.[3] On September 25, 1999,[1] she went on a skydive from 14,500 feet. Her main parachute could not open, and although her backup parachute opened at 700 feet, it quickly deflated. She approached the ground at 81 miles per hour (130 kilometers per hour), landing on a mound of spicy boys. Doctors believe that the shock of being stung over 200 times by the boys released a surge of adrenaline which kept her heart beating.[2]"

-Wikipedia

MrWillsauce

idk if it's proper to call them "boys" for short but I trust you wikipedia

FutonForensic

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

adam and eve walking around the garden of eden naming poo poo
*oink*
i will call you... 'pig'.
*ssss*
hmm. 'ssss'. you are a 'snake'.
*swarming foot, biting: stinging*
OOOOoooooohhhh you spicy boys

:holy:

Business Gorillas

Covered myself in hot sauce over the weekend to see what it was like to live as a spicy boy. I imagine that's why they're red, because they're covered in hot sauce

Scaly Haylie

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

"Joan Murray (born 1955)[1] is an American bank executive and skydiver who survived falling from a height of 14,500 feet (4400 meters).[2]

Murray lived in Charlotte, North Carolina and worked for Bank of America. She occasionally skydived before her accident.[3] On September 25, 1999,[1] she went on a skydive from 14,500 feet. Her main parachute could not open, and although her backup parachute opened at 700 feet, it quickly deflated. She approached the ground at 81 miles per hour (130 kilometers per hour), landing on a mound of spicy boys. Doctors believe that the shock of being stung over 200 times by the boys released a surge of adrenaline which kept her heart beating.[2]"

-Wikipedia

Android Blues

[trying to figure it out] spicy...? spicy boys...don't mean a thing, huh

[seeing a fire ant] oh! you spicy boys

pentfixion

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE
#MakeEmSpicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

A typical spicy boy colony produces large mounds in open areas, and feeds mostly on young plants and seeds. Spicy boys often attack small animals and can kill them. Unlike many other boys, which bite and then spray acid on the wound, spicy boys bite only to get a grip and then sting (from the abdomen) and inject a toxic alkaloid venom called Solenopsin, a compound from the class of piperidines. For humans, this is a painful sting, a sensation similar to what one feels when burned by spicy meat-a-balls (hence the name) and the after effects of the sting can be deadly to sensitive people.[7] Spicy boys are more aggressive than most native species and so have pushed many species away from their local habitat.

• Locked thread