Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Problem description: When I woke up yesterday my computer was frozen. This is a new build (3 weeks) and I was surprised to see it frozen. I said ok and just restarted it. Upon restarting my computer now loop restarts at the windows logo upon booting up (sometimes is freezes but mainly is just looping restarts.) I can access bios but cant get further than that. Some friends of mine told me that the motherboard was the issue and I want another opinion before spending more money on a new piece.

Attempted fixes: I tried booting in safe mode, same thing just loops restarts. To make sure it wasn't my SSD or HDD causing the problem i unhooked both and tried booting just from my windows install usb and it would still restart after about 1 second on the windows logo after the loading files screen.

Recent changes: 3 week old build, nothing changed since i put it together.

--

Operating system: 64 bit windows 10 Home

System specs:
Intel i5-6600k
MSI z170-a Pro motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400
MSI GTX 970
EVGA supernova 750b2 psu
samsung 850 evo (250gig) SSD
Seagate 1 TB HDD

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Takane posted:

To make sure it wasn't my SSD or HDD causing the problem i unhooked both and tried booting just from my windows install usb and it would still restart after about 1 second on the windows logo after the loading files screen.

Try taking some of the RAM out. If that doesn't work just use the other stick of RAM. If it still doesn't boot I'd try using onboard video temporarily.

• Locked thread