Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
Problem description: After a reset of my PC, it has some serious network issues. I can see stuff on my network with this PC but can't connect to them, same with the other devices/PCs. This PC also can barely load pages on the internet. As an example, opening google.com returns the search window, but the image either doesn't load or takes 10+ minutes. Any other device on the network has no problem whatsoever when loading pages. Also the svchost.exe for netsvcs has higher than normal usage on this PC. (13% CPU, 250MB memory) Disabling specifically the windows update service drops the CPU/Memory usage back down to normal levels.

Attempted fixes: I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling network driver, restarted using only basic services, ran a virus scan.

Recent changes: System has been running for weeks before this restart so I can't be 100% sure, but no major changes that I can think of.

--

Operating system: Windows 7 Home 64-bit

System specs: GIGABYTE GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard, Intel i7-2600K CPU, 8GB RAM, ASUS GTX760 Video, Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1.5TB, Corsair TX750 Power Supply -- Doubtful it's an issue but just in case, router is ASUS RT-N66U

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes - Lead to the basic services thing, most answers were that, a virus or else some AMD program throttling the connection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

What do you mean by "reset" of your PC?

My best guess, without knowing what you actually mean, is that you reinstalled windows 7? There's issues with base Windows 7 and windows update that causes the exact problems you're describing (generally worse), https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810 I believe is 1 potential fix, I've also seen other potential solutions by googling "fresh windows 7 install won't update".

But, these potential solutions are based on my assumption of Reset meaning reinstall of windows.

• Locked thread