Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reading
Jul 27, 2013
Problem description: My desktop computer uses an Ubuntu variant (Xubuntu) and I want to access my apple airport time capsule (3rd generation) over the wifi which the time capsule emits. This worked previously but now I've forgotten the Username/Domain/Password combination.

Attempted fixes: I have used my iPhone with the airport utility to connect to the time capsule and see the correct passwords. I'm able to connect from my iPhone because it only asks for a password, not a username/domain/password combination like my desktop wants:

What username and domain should I enter here? Or how can I connect using only a password and skip this dialog box?

Recent changes: No I can't think of any, besides the fact that I didn't log in to the time capsule from my desktop for a very long time. I dual boot with Win7 and the Win7 side can still access the time capsule using saved credentials, but I can't retrieve the right combination of username/domain/password.

--

Operating system: Xubuntu with Xfce 4.10, linux kernel 3.13.0-39, Ubuntu version 14.04.4 LTS (trusty).

System specs: Apple Airport Time Capsule "3rd Generation", as well as a desktop computer. Desktop is connected to the internet over ethernet cable, time capsule is NOT, time capsule emits its own wifi network which my desktop connects to over wifi to access the files.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread