Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
Submitted my soldier's application and looking forward to this LP. I haven't gotten Xcom 2 yet but your LP of the previous one helped me a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Sexy Sectoids, or Sextoids, are how Advent acquires the majority of the human DNA for its experiments.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jade Star posted:

Look, a lot of Skippy Granola's died in the war...

Is there some way to make all the civilians in retaliation missions named some variation of Skippy Granola?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
What about Obamacare?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Angry "Crabby" Lobster, Alessandra "Shalashaska" Margottini, Chris "Metro 2035" Gasmask.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
When Metal Gear Sectoanthropus learns to walk upright, does that make it easier to hit it? Or is it just to deny XCOM's troops a height advantage?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jenner posted:

Also why does a snake have titties?

How else would they milk it?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Supersonic Shine posted:

Siobhan "Shredder" MacKenzie

Eph "You See Kay" Phatha

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Koorisch posted:

One thing to note about Intimidate is that it's success rate gets higher the better the SPARK's armor is.

So it's poo poo in the beginning but can get useful later on if you get lucky.

Does that mean Bulwark makes Intimidate more effective or is it just the equipment level that matters?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Julian "gently caress Asimov" Shen.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Julian "Bulwark" Shen

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Many bad nicknames
And now terrible haikus
Jade Star longs for death

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Man "Prostituted Man" Whore

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lunethex posted:

I'm pretty sure they can't show up the very next mission after one has already shown up.

Are there any missions/mission types they can't show up on?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

monster on a stick posted:

They can even show up in the Avenger Defense mission by default which is just :psyduck: There's a mod to disable that but it can also disable the rulers showing up entirely.

Had that happen to me with subject beta. Fortunately it wasn't the first time so she had few hit points left.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Tarezax posted:

I had one for the first time a few months ago and it is a pretty great lemonade.

It's like a party in your mouth. And everyone is getting purged.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Can regular Berserkers go crazy and attack Advent or just the Queen?

Duke "Blow It Out Your rear end" Nukem

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Greek Fire was invented by the Byzantines, who considered themselves Romans, so the mission name is historically appropriate.

And if Ciaphas Cain is going to get a new nickname I'd suggest Eversor since it also comes from WH40k and I doubt "Hero of The Imperium" would fit.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Radical
Awesome
Gnarly
Extreme

Suit

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Wouldn't it be an Andromedon Queen, then the Cube King?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Istvun posted:

Um, I think you will find that this fight was clearly taking place in New England, since apparently they were fighting on I83.

No, see it's NEW I83.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jade Star posted:

Outside of the mission we get some interesting plot, and if the other cut scenes hadn't already spelled it out enough we pretty much know for certain what is going on now. The aliens are using human DNA to make or modify bodies suitable as hosts for Ethereals. Why they need tens of thousands, if not more, humans liquefied to meet this goal is still a little unknown. Seems like a really high number of people to be put into a blender for this project. Also how the whole Avatar body things works is a bit of a mystery. It kind of looked like The Bureau set up where the Ethereal was floating behind the Avatar body when we fought it. Then during the autopsy the purple cloud of Ethereal forms an image and then dissipates into the air leave me with questions like where was that Ethereals physical body? Did the Ethereal shift it's entire brain/consciousness into the Avatar body? If it did, then why'd it survive as a purple ghost for a little while longer? And if it doesn't die with the body, why do they need bodies at all? Can Ethereals just live as a energy cloud or psionic entity with out a physical anchor? Maybe the Avatar body just let the Ethereal project itself... but why didn't that stop when the Avatar died too. So many questions!

I figured the aliens kept liquifying humans because they're constantly searching for new DNA sequences and any mutation no matter how minor could lead to the next breakthrough. And I also figured that the Avatar bodies are conduits of the Ethereals' consciousnesses while they're working out the kinks to create new bodies that can fully support the transfer of their minds. And even if the Avatar is dead the brain might still be intact enough for some sort of connection to linger.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

EponymousMrYar posted:

The proper term is 'Ostensibly French.'

Non-Anglophone-Canadian-of-Western-European-Descent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The alien defectors are probably the original collaborators who were genetically enhanced, but not manufactured like the current crop of Advent soldiers.

• Locked thread