Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Everything is the Boxer's fault, I loving love it. I now can't wait for him to die horribly in a Future episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Nagito's go to solution to things being to blow it up is pretty great.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Man I'm bummed that the real Miaya is just dead, I mean I expected it but it still sucks to see. Maybe she'll have an episode in the despair arc?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I have no idea what they're doing with Ryota now, but after that last scene he's got to be involved in something big.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Nagito ranted so much about hope and despair he made Monaca sick of both so she decided to just run away to live in space, amazing.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Knowing his luck, dying in the game woke him up in real life and everyone has been too stupid to check if he's still in his pod.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Junko and Mukuro sure are lucky the council didn't bandwagon onto the first kid who grabbed a shotgun and was just going to shoot the two of them right then and there.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
There is one last option, we still don't know who the 13th FF Branch Head is, it could be her.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I was really rooting for Ruruka to be the "rear end who learns important life lessons" but her actions today are just straight up unforgivable.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

voltcatfish posted:

Also I am a turbo dork and am going to rewatch the first 7 future episodes to see if Kizakura has always had his left hand closed

It's been in his pocket the entire time actually, it was already pointed out by the crazy theory people at other places. Probably so the animators didn't accidentally fuckup at some point.

Also we're continuing the pattern of first death > example death > Second death > Double deaths third > Heroic sacrifice that's shown up in the other DR games, Kizakura might be the last death.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 30, 2016

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I know what the cliffhanger wants me to think is "oh no, Chiaki's so dead" but all it's making me think is that Chiaki is so not dead and survives all of this and is going to show up in a Future side episode, hell she's probably on those boats at Jabberwock.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Ruruka's death was loving brutal, she's been stabbed all over. I want to think it's a clue except there's a grand total of 4 survivors at this point and unless Ryota, Aoi, or Naegi are pulling some serious Houdini tricks it leaves only Munukata left. I guess it could just be showing Munukata's completely consumed at this point. But gently caress man, i don't actually know how this is going to end now.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Zero in the anime will be Junko breaking the fourth wall telling you to buy the book and to get hosed if you can't read Japanese.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The continued lack of actual information about Jabberwock only more confirms for me that Chiaki is going to survive the Despair Arc and she's on one of those boats.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Well then RIP Chiaki in the most brutal way.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
In less gruesome news, Juzo is confirmed to be in love with Munakata, so there's that.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

voltcatfish posted:

I do think it is very strange that she appears to be absolutely dead when the identity of the 13th branch leader is still an unknown.

It's going to turn out to be a cameo from one of the KillerKiller characters. Unless Izuru's talent list include Necromancer too.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
That Hagakure design could just show up in the last episode and go IT'S ME NAEGI, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG and It'd be the greatest thing.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The real Miaya being "evil" and in on the plan would also absolve Monaca of some things, which the ending of that episode still has me scratching my head some with Komaru wanting Monaca to come back one day and sounding positive about it when she did openly admit to killing Miaya.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I wonder if the Despair side episodes will now be in the "present" because I see no way to wrap this up in one more episode without it being a serious hack rush job.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Alright after seeing the subbed episode I'm 100% convinced it's Tengan. For what reason though, I'm not sure and still wondering how they can fit in the motive and final showdown in one more episode.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Van Dine posted:

Since Sakakura was alive, though, this makes it look REALLY bad for Kirigiri. I've checked all the deaths against the survivor count for all of the episodes, and of the people who died in episode 9, only one of them survived according to the survivor count. And that was Sakakura. There is still a sixteenth person to account for, but that person has been in the survivor count since episode 1 and so isn't relevant to Kirigiri. Kirigiri's only real chance now is if the Cure W meant she was actually technically dead for a while and Seiko is so good she can raise the dead as long as they take the cure in advance. So...doubtful, but we did see the Cure W bottle by her, and there wasn't a survivor count this week.

About that since Juzo removed his bracelet, it could be possible he's being counted as "dead" for the sake of the counter. Also they didn't show the counter this time so...

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Yeah last episode is on Thursday, they're just calling it HOPE now instead of Despair.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
So I know DR2 hints that AI Chiaki was made by Chihiro, but this episode seems to heavily imply she's a creation of Izuru's for the sake of what happens in DR2. Which considering the general lack of class 78 even appearing in this anime other then a cameo does seem possible.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The fanbase for everything is, in a word, hosed

But seriously what you linked there is pretty terrifying.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I'm going to wait for the subs for my final decision on this episode, but Ryota just pulling a Lelouch and MIND HACKING literally everyone the first moment he gets is hilarious.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
This anime pulled the biggest plot twist of all though: It wasn't Junko in the flesh/AI again holy gently caress.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
There's still some loose ends too, namely WHO THE gently caress IS THE 13th BRANCH HEAD? But I'm guessing those might get covered in Killer Killer, who i'm presuming is where all of those loving Metal Gear Solid minibosses were from that showed up in the episode.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The answer to that and hopefully most of the loose ends will be in that Nagito OVA packed with V3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I just wish they had managed their time better so this wasn't so obviously rushed in the end. I mean gently caress we didn't even get Naegi explaining it all in a comic book set to Climax Return.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 30, 2016

• Locked thread