Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is best in life?
This poll is closed.
Idols 44 15.22%
Baps 77 26.64%
Robots 72 24.91%
3d 38 13.15%
Touhous 58 20.07%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Yes, there is no reason to fear brain-eating amoeba in your water.

Look, they even have their own brand, so they must be safe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

WHAT DOES THE SHIRT SAY.

Something like "my hand is about to slip, big time" (like the sarcastic "oops, my hand slipped" thing when you hit someone on purpose, but future tense). Apparently it's a line that character says when doing a super move or something? I don't know where they are from but that's what popped up when I googled the phrase :shrug:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

:aaa:

how did i not notice that until now

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

https://a.pomf.cat/pgipji.webm

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

chumbler posted:

I've been there too, software engineer lady.

this series is the most accurate description of life in japan you're likely to find in manga

also lol if you haven't done this:

:smithicide:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Meiling is the best

i...can get behind this

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

That hasn't stopped internet people from having long, tedious arguments about whether Light is justified or not

Has anything ever stopped internet people from having long, tedious arguments about anything?

I'm gonna say no.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

What's your opinion on emission and conjuration?

Thank you for keying me into yet another eternal debate that I had been blissfully unaware of until now.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

And Aoba complained about not getting an enema for some bizzare reason? The whole doctor's office sequence was stilted and weird and the low point of an otherwise pretty good show so far.

That was just a horrifically ignorant translation. It's common knowledge (in Japan) that during the annual health checkup you drink a barium solution (which is used to take x-rays of your guts to check for various illnesses). It feels weird and heavy and a lot of people take a half-day off work when they have to do it because the sensation lasts a while; Aoba probably grew up listening to one or both of her parents complaining about it and was excited to finally try it out...except they only do it for people who are age 30 and up, because that's when the problems the barium x-ray are looking for start becoming more common.

The enema thing is either due to ignorance on the part of the translator/editor, or an intentional (and dumb) decision to make it clear to the audience that Aoba was weird for being excited about it.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

who's Dillbert

You can find out in...

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

chumbler posted:

And so Jun tragically died and was never seen again.

https://a.pomf.cat/jfsmlm.webm

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Endorph posted:

34 playable characters counting mai there

Didn't the original have like 8? They've come a long way...

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Endorph posted:

to be fair the original came out like 8 years ago

i'm so old...

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Meat Girls' Recommendation.

I think it's the 'susume' of 進め more than of 勧め, so maybe more like Meat Girls' March/Advance(ment) or something.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

A little bit. Going to an onsen tomorrow though :toot:

Terper posted:

I have a test tomorrow but then nothing until the 29th so I get to live free for a while, too :toot:

:toot::hf::toot:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

K

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I've never played any MGS but I'm gonna say that inter-dimensional zombies was not a turn I thought the series would take.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Cats trying to fit into boxes and box-like things will never get old.

I meant to reply to this before I left for my 30 hour mini-vacation but forgot. Those are tsuchinoko, a mythological creature that's basically just a snake with a fat bulge in the middle. The bag on the right with the text on it is making a flour pun by turning the "ko" in tsuchinoko to the "ko" that means flour, which I thought was cute.

I'm a sucker for simple puns like that, like changing the -tan in Mokotan to the tan for coal and making Mokou run a coal business.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Thanks, it's going to be good. :3:

Wait, hulk out how? Like this?

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Daily lives of highschool boys is pretty great.

This is very true.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

I wish Bomber Grape would publish a new manga

He's been putting stuff out at comiket (but it's kancolle so who cares really).

Admoon posted:

i never started nichibros

you should probably rectify this

unless you just don't like comedy i guess

Lemon-Lime posted:

Amazing.

But no, I'm just getting a bigav version of that specific Makoto pic once it's approved by an admin this evening.

ooh, nice, congrats on future big-av

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I've become incredibly powerful.
                                 /

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

feelin pretty nostalgic for the nichibros tonight

https://a.pomf.cat/xxmcmw.webm

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

its probably what the artist customers looks like

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I got an adobe CC sub for work and now can't stop making dumb and bad gifs.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

chumbler posted:

As an Old, I am pretty indifferent to my birthdays.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Once you unlock all the age-based stuff there is to unlock, like alcohol, birthdays are just counting down up until your death.

I guess they make good excuses to have a party/take a day off work/splurge on something.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Shōwa crew represent

Heisei is for scrubs

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

:golfclap:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Waiter, there is a rabbit in my don.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Poor Reimu has to pay for everything in nickels :(

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Tornadoes are scary, I'm glad you didn't die in one. Also I hope your life-giving electricity returns soon.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

post the page

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

i want to marry the anime girl who shares my birthday

if any

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Julias posted:

I like the art style in this.

It's by the same guy who did that one about the orc gentleman, if you feel like more of the same and haven't read it yet.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Also, this wait to find out whether my visa gets approved is killin' me. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Julias posted:

Good luck! I'll believe in you.
Thanks!

homeless snail posted:

congratulations, you're visa's approved. you may now buy all the nendos you like
:woop:

z0glin Warchief posted:

It's by the same guy who did that one about the orc gentleman, if you feel like more of the same and haven't read it yet.
Oh also, apparently someone just translated this by him as well, but tbh it loses a lot in the translation :(

• Locked thread