Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Why do they talk about these tv shows. I've never heard of them, never heard of anyone who's watched them, never seen an ad for em, never heard them mentioned anywhere by anyone. Is it just because they're watching a season of stupid tv a day and need to talk about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
they are keeping the seat warm for matt. be patient.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Major throwback to early chapo Matt audio quality this ep

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

pangstrom posted:

yeah for me this is Wes Anderson, like I'm sure there are little surprises and I kind of enjoy seeing the color palette in the trailers but that's enough for me :)

I've never thought about it this way, but this describes me as well. Thanks.

I loved the Royal Tenenbaums when it came out and bought the deluxe DVD and even the dang script, but have never really wanted to watch any of Anderson's other movies. The trailers were sufficient. Probably still watch them someday, I just don't need to.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Flaskraven posted:

This is grim, after not paying attention to Ritchie for many years I see that he's made quite a few films.

Nothing good since Snatch. His first two are stone cold classics, I guess he only had that one idea.

Man from uncle and king Arthur are very good and fun

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

terrorist ambulance posted:

Why do they talk about these tv shows. I've never heard of them, never heard of anyone who's watched them, never seen an ad for em, never heard them mentioned anywhere by anyone. Is it just because they're watching a season of stupid tv a day and need to talk about it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

If you have any Boomers in your life you have probably met someone who is into the Taylor Sheridan universe.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
The 2024 election is so boring and depressing and the war in Gaza is certainly the most horrific thing we've seen perpetrated this side of the Iraq War that I can see they're searching for things to talk about that aren't completely soul killing.

Like the 2016 and 2020 elections were tragicomic in their own ways but I don't think either of them were just so uninteresting - there's almost nothing for them to riff about.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

??? ?

the show is called chaopo trap house. what do you think you do with your time while you are waiting at the trap house

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
That's why it's so upsetting. The Hot Couch Vibe just isn't the same without Matt.

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002

Halloween Jack posted:

That's why it's so upsetting. The Hot Couch Vibe just isn't the same without Matt.

I was really looking forward to hearing how Matt reacted to parenthood :(

One of the many reasons I miss him.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

funny song about politics posted:

I was really looking forward to hearing how Matt reacted to parenthood :(
Like, initially?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Halloween Jack posted:

Like, initially?

That's mean

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Eight months without Matt and it's pretty clear that no guest can replace his energy. They should let me try though.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I like the vibe of having the seeking derangements folks rotate through, but I'd like to hear from honorary other hosts Dan Boekner and Derek Davidson soon

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009

Glimpse posted:

Been a while since Ritchie made a movie that didn't sound like a made up movie for a poster in the background of an actual movie. You're telling me Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre was a real film shown in theatres? The Gentlemen? Come on, Guy.

funny story about that operation fortune movie, it didn't actually make it to theatres because the baddies were ukranian and that would just be in poor taste in the wake of the russian invasion

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

You expose yourself with comments like these. It’s the most popular and most watched shows in the country. Like you don’t know that many people sounds like. You need more normal people in your life

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

“You need more Taylor Sheridan-enjoyers in your life.”

Sir, think about what you just said online.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I had never heard of this new show, but Felix’s description of Yellowstone as “the show you watch with your taciturn father-in-law” speaks to my lived experience.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Matt is undergoing intensive hot couch therapy as we speak. He's laid out on a black faux leather couch in a sealed glass tube filled with mids smoke and authentic Wisconsin apartment dust.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Cached Money posted:

Matt is undergoing intensive hot couch therapy as we speak. He's laid out on a black faux leather couch in a sealed glass tube filled with mids smoke and authentic Wisconsin apartment dust.

We can rebuild him. Lazier. Fatter. More convinced that if Pete and Schmidty’s little brother were willing to practice more then they would make a really bitchin emo band. Nurse, bring me a 15sec loop of the Fight Club DVD menu and liquor in a plastic bottle stat.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

doctorfrog posted:

I've never thought about it this way, but this describes me as well. Thanks.

I loved the Royal Tenenbaums when it came out and bought the deluxe DVD and even the dang script, but have never really wanted to watch any of Anderson's other movies. The trailers were sufficient. Probably still watch them someday, I just don't need to.

You’re really missing out

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Asteroid City is easily my favorite of his films

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I mean at least watch Rushmore too?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

“You need more Taylor Sheridan-enjoyers in your life.”

Sir, think about what you just said online.

You aren’t better than them

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
I think you'll find you're staggeringly incorrect there.

Telling someone that they need more maga-loving mental-midget Taylor Sheridan-enjoyers in their life is like telling them "you need more rectal cancer".

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Taylor Sheridan shows are funny because he clearly loathes Kurt Sutter's entire vibe but also kind of took up his audience, he just replaced "what if depressed drug dealing bikers were actually really cool and wise" with "what if depressed cowboys were actually really cool and wise"

He even does the thing where he writes himself into the show, but instead of as a gimp or whatever he plays the ultimate gigachad cowboy and it's the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You aren’t better than them

I am better than my taciturn father-in-law and so are you.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Hell Or High Water owns

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
With each new show it becomes increasingly clear that Sicario only works because of Villaneuve and the main performers.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Like, initially?

drat dude.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The rotating hosts have been welcome energy but we need our boy back

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Mae posted:

I like the vibe of having the seeking derangements folks rotate through, but I'd like to hear from honorary other hosts Dan Boekner and Derek Davidson soon

I don't feel Dan Boeckner has ever been on? (Bring back bottlemen it was the only good Canadian politics podcast)

Davison for obvious reasons should be back soon.

Re Sheridan: I'm pretty sure Tyler Perry is SUPER popular among black boomers and in a different way he's a paint by numbers guy too. I have no interest in his stuff at all but it's sort of important to get his themes, if only because his fans are my family and it's kinda funny once you figure it out (dark skin man bad, over educated black woman bad, etc)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

JosefStalinator posted:

The rotating hosts have been welcome energy but we need our boy back

Will is right to call the fans of this show hogs

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Heath posted:

Will is right to call the fans of this show hogs

At least 2 of the main hosts look like hogs. I know it's a primarily audio medium, but also they kinda sound like hogs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Isentropy posted:

I don't feel Dan Boeckner has ever been on? (Bring back bottlemen it was the only good Canadian politics podcast)

A quick Patreon search shows him on four episodes plus some appearances on adjacent stuff, but not since 2022.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
More David Roth please.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Thoughts on this?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I’m Benedict A. Whippersnapper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU