Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The omission of the Fat Boys ft. Freddy Krueger is a travesty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDUl5Ke5jbM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Fun to think about the person who saw their campaign having disconcerting numbers in the Rust Belt and thought "Okay, we absolutely need these states, but what if we pull our resources out? To, like, trick Trump?" being a brutally efficient criminal mastermind.

This one and the "please send more yard signs" "actually, our data tells us that you don't need more yard signs" are my favorite 2016 Dem tidbits to bring up when people talk about Russian interference or Bernie Bros costing Hillary the election.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fatherboxx posted:

It is good and pretty fun like all projects from that team, only Observe and Report is genuinely depressing.

I remember going to see this in theaters as a senior in high school, expecting a typical Seth Rogen comedy, and being absolutely blown the gently caress away. It really captures the "Thin (insert color) Line" mentality that amped up post-9/11, where everyone with a miniscule degree of authority started thinking of themselves as the last line of defense against the savages who would destroy America, whether that be a terrorist or a kid shoplifting from FYE.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

I really respect Garrison's artistic style and sensibilities. HATE his politics, but god drat if those aren't beautiful, Disney-like cartoons he draws.

That's the ultimate irony of Ben Garrison: he has the artistic ability to communicate ideas through his art more effectively than the vast majority of political cartoonists, yet still feels the need to label absolutely everything.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Uranium posted:

Broke: RedLetterMedia go on Chapo
Woke: Virgil and Matt go on Best of the Worst

Bespoke: Rich Evans and Stavros do a Re:View of Porky's

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

PSA: UPS is a dogshit company and you should not work for them if you can avoid it, especially if you aren't working as a driver. I went from UPS to Target and I'm being paid literally twice as much for the same work, better hours, and actual benefits. Oh yeah, and managers aren't loving breathing down my neck and threatening to fire me every other day if my production comes up .01% lower than projected.

e: One of the managers at UPS threatened me by saying the company would sue me for corporate sabotage because I took a bathroom break too close to the end of shift.

My favorite UPS story was when I was loading irregular packages, I dropped a heavy metal rod on my foot and broke my toe. I couldn't report the injury because the first thing they'd do is drug test me to try to avoid paying out any sort of claim and literally everyone who worked the overnight was smoking copious amounts of weed. So the next day when I came in, the floor manager wanted to "thank me for keeping our injury rate down" and gave me a free hat lol.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

prefect posted:

The term "dudebro" irritates me in a similar way to "sportsball". It feels incredibly smug and self-satisfied.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

The best part was when she calls ahead and asks them to bump the dogs appointment up because she literally just cannot deal with it anymore, and this is supposed to be the touching climax to her story

lmao "hey can you bump up my beagle execution? no no, I have something at 3, can you do any earlier?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Supposedly there's going to be some statement about the accusations against Virgil on Bad Faith some time next week. Until then there's not a whole lot to go on from what I've seen.

The State of The Virgil Address

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Putting aside whatever ideological pro-Crypto/NFT arguments that these people have, the reason they cannot admit that the entirety of that subculture has been totally consumed by people treating crypto/NFTs as speculative assets and looking to get rich quick off of them rather than use them to whatever end the true believers think they should be used... is because it would mean admitting that they too originally took interest in this because they thought it would be an easy way to make money and now they are just another person stuck with a dining room full of boxes of LuLuLemon or CutCo Knives.

They are the smart guys who know computers, they can't get scammed! The Ape Jpeg must have actual value! You just don't get it!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
look, as a resident I can tell you this much: they didn't do enough to get through to the people that actually could have benefited from her being Mayor. Doing rallies with AOC may appeal to the people living on Elmwood, but you have to talk to the people who are living in the currently un-gentrified parts of the city and explain how they can get a better deal. And since she won the Primary, her campaign didn't do that.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I tend to think it’s more like “there are like 50 different Illuminatus groups, sharing members and ideologies between them, and all of them secretly believe themselves to be pulling the strings”.

Like the Bilderbrandts think they are manipulating the Vanderbilts who think they are manipulating the Rothschilds who think they are manipulating the Koch brothers who are actually working for the Bilderbrandt group, etc, just an endless ouroborous of a demon slowly consuming itself.

Yeah I think that's basically correct. It's not that there's 1 Group orchestrating the path of human civilization. It's dozens of separate groups that happen to all have the overlapping goal of "Maintain the current Order of Power, for the most part". There doesn't need to be overt coordination when they all have the same material interests: not losing the poo poo that's currently theirs!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The Council of Relics will gain custody of all his Relics, false or otherwise, and they will be destroyed or scattered amongst ruins so that another collector of relics might find them.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

genuinely cannot imagine being scared by 1/6 instead of finding it funny. i'm confident i'm in more danger every day working a service job during COVID than any politician was on 1/6.

like why the gently caress would I be scared of what could hypothetically happen to politicians that I also hate when every day I live in a dying environment filled with plague? lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Majorian posted:

It's really Nick Mullen doing his Virgil impression.

AH SO ANYWAYS I WAS AH WONDERING IF I COULD HAVE A MOMENT TO AH CLEAR THE AIR WITH REGARD TO THE AH ALLEGATIONS?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Goons love Virgil because he lets them do a Chinese guy voice without it seeming racist

Bust Rodd posted:

IMC is the Malaysian Ant Man who tweets about US politics all day despite having never been here, Arthur Chu is the Nazi incel reporter who faked a British accent on a bunch of podcasts to sound smart.

Virgil is the pedofile/groomer D.Va main and apparently still the official co-host of Bad Faith

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's Andy Ngo. Arthur Chu is a jeopardy champion turned really embarrassing resistance lib.

Famethrowa posted:

lmfao bust rodd lecturing about racism only to confuse two different asian men

just needed to memorialize this for myself

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
he's the venture bros clone slugs when they get out of the tank too early

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

he invented his own math because him having a micropenis got revealed during a divorce

dudes rock

his entire system of math is based on measuring from the taint since there's dick muscle there you can feel it ok it's just on the inside

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah come on all e1 episodes are terrible.

an Improv4Humans skit, but stretched out to an hour, with a cast comprised entirely of UCB first level students

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Pop pop Menaker wins again!

Man, True Menaker facts Stated remains an all-timer. Will's dad might have been kind of a lib, but he was a great guy. :smith:

I'm very happy for Will that he had a chance to sit down and record that with his dad before he passed :)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

if Niles and Maris stayed together

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

persopolis posted:

"Brain worms" feels very epic reddit compound swear-y. Just call people gay and retarded, it's becoming trendy again.

"Gay and retarded" how? Like I'm a podcaster, I'm here to fuckin amuse you? No, you tell me, how am I "Gay and Retarded," Henry?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Wizard Master posted:

Boy, that guy must be coo-coo bananas!

get him a rubber room

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The only piercing you should be getting is shrapnel that can't safely be removed from your body after getting IEDed serving this country!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
so matt's an LA podcast guy now... just a matter of time before he intersects with paul f tompkins

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

crepeface posted:

i hated him even before i stopped being an earwolf listener, dunno why he's is so much stuff

it will please you to learn that I have heard anecdotal evidence he's a total dickhead to work with

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

space uncle posted:

Did anyone else read the CSPAM Covid thread? I followed it in 2020 and took Covid precautions pretty seriously with an immunocompromised and pregnant wife. Generally good intel about wearing masks and staying safe.

I checked back in 2021 post vaccine and someone posted that their car broke down and needed to be repaired at an auto shop. They were concerned that after they dropped the car off and had it repaired, that residual Covid in the cabin days later would infect them through the biological weapons grade respirator they had purchased. I stopped reading the thread after that.

Idk I don't really hold it against people to be mistrustful of the official line from the CDC or whatever. They hosed up royally and got a bunch of people killed, I still don't know if any institution in this country is officially recognizing that Covid is an airborne disease because it would mean having to acknowledge that we could be doing things like improving our air quality systems to combat it. And we don't wanna do that.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Idk about that man, I think most people were just trying to stay healthy and not kill their relatives.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

I'm going to laugh at people who clearly overreacted and believed insane things.

ok

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

net work error posted:

Nobody actually knows how the human body works

It's cool to hear someone tell you some info from early on in the pandemic that's been proven to be completely untrue and you realize all of public health is just managing a giant telephone game

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

COPE 27 posted:

Masks don't work

Breakthrough infections are rare

We'll get herd immunity at 80% vaccination

Covid is spread by droplets

Asymptomatic transmission is rare

yeah any of these

the idea of "standing 6 feet apart" being some kind of magic ward against the spread of disease

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Double masking was definitely a thing at some point. I mean, if you wanna point out points where the CDC/WHO or whatever really, truly hosed up - they officially recommended N95 or better masks for I think a week before they completely reversed and said vaccinated people don't have to wear masks at all. that was an entirely unforced error and it was just to get people excited about a vaccine most of them were prepared to get already.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

They started the whole pandemic response with a big ol' lie that N95 masks weren't needed for the general public, just for health care workers. Which I'm sure did wonders for uptake of masking later.

AND DIDN'T EVEN PROVIDE THEM FOR THE WORKERS!

gently caress

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Yeah it was also maddening watching the liberal reputation cleaning machine work in real time. Fauci went from being a terrible pick that Trump did intentionally to minimize Covid the same way Reagan did AIDS... to being a valiant public servant who resisted Trump in service of average everyday Americans. Now you can't even say he botched the AIDS crisis, or that Reagan did, without getting pushback from libs on the matter.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

They still sell special raw ground beef for cannibal sandwiches in eastern Wisconsin and across the northern Midwest/Great Plains.

the real reason Hillary didn't campaign in Wisconsin is that she'll never forgive them for the disappointment she felt the first time she bit into one of these

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

space uncle posted:

Might as well say the Chapo Trap House boys owe all their success to Jonas Salk because they have the lung capacity to blow hard rather than die of polio.

they do

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I will say that I'm surprised the Patreon industry as a whole hasn't taken more of a hit with the price of groceries being what it is but I guess when you're looking for places to cut, $5 a month doesn't seem like the most obvious place to start

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

This is the most human thing about him, and like the hamburger party, the libs will make fun of it and endear him to the hogs.

it's funny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the libs laugh at the plight of the spoonless man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's very funny to think of Blazing Saddles as wildly outdated when most of the jokes are still all at the expense of the racists. there are movies from 10, 15 years ago that feel way more out of touch with our current cultural sensibilities wrt homophobia and transphobia than Blazing Saddles is wrt racism.

tbh the thing that's probably aged the worst is the ending where the hollywood system collapses around them while they're fighting