Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Mr Hootington posted:

i figured out why cum town isn't funny to me. i'm not a 34 year old burnout who hasdone drugs consistently since the age of 14 when i started huffing spray paint.

You look like a narc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

emdash posted:

Episode 39 is great, I never knew anything about that John Wayne movie til now

The one where everyone got cancer?

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Am I missing something or did that guy say that CATO was "quite good?"

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Man I think these genius annotations are one of my favorite new internet things, sort of MST3k for utter poo poo articles/twitter meltdowns

Hopefully this is a decade+ out of date SA reference, because if people are posting like that I want to report them post haste.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

The swordfish episode, I convinced him to listen to Applebee's though and it changed his opinion.

I'm pretty sure I recall the swordfish episode having repeated disclaimers about being chatty and fluffy, especially compared to the Curtis episode before it.

EDIT: I mean, they left the film Swordfish playing in the background while recording.

EDIT: That being said, I love the twitter stuff, drown me in the hot takes of punditry erry day.

moller fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 29, 2016

moller
Jan 10, 2007

The "whole style is chump" bit is from the intro to the track 260 on Ghostface Killah's Ironman. Ghost (or whoever produced) sampled it from the movie The Education Of Sonny Carson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7jsXtx2-bM

It's pretty much my fav. track on that album and the second Lake (?) said the line the intro horns popped into my head.

moller fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 3, 2017

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Onions are the base aromatic and first ingredient of like 9/10 recipes in every cuisine across every culture. Unless you're swapping in another allium like shallots the first step in making all food is to cut up some loving onions.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

I don't know of JonTron's oeuvre other than LPer w/ pet bird but the timeline in that gizmodo article seems way off since he was a gamergator talking poo poo about women to Tim Schafer on twitter in 2014 (!) and was interviewed by Breitbart a couple days after the election.

moller fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Mar 14, 2017

moller
Jan 10, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Hillary is someone who does have an inspiring story when you strip away the self-aggrandizing 'I'm with her' poo poo that happened this election and a lot of America sympathizes with moments like when she literally was told to shut up and bake cookies for america and all.

That's MAYBE the most infuriating part of this. As a former retard hillaryman and all I know 100% that her story and all was a pretty major draw, but instead of using that as a way to humanize her better she chose to focus on 'marketing' it in the most stupid, incepid, downright offensive, ways like 'haha she's like your abuela right??? I'M DOWN WITH THE HISPANICS YOU SEE' and that absolutely hilarious Rosa Parks in the H logo that 100% had her at the 'back' of that metaphorical bus. Like, I 100% agree A factor in the election was the decades long 'Hillary Clinton is an evil ice queen bitch who's totally got Bill by the balls like all women want to do to men' bullshit, not THE factor but sure, that was a hurdle she had to deal with.

The absolute best I saw her try to get over that was that like hour long special of...some news show...that was basically comparing and contrasting her and Trump's stories. It was just a nice clear 'Hillary had to climb her way up a pretty big hill and her first forays into the mainstream were met with just boldfaced 'uh don't you know your place, sweety????' sexism. Just straight up dudes telling her she wasn't being First Lady right by having opinions. Meanwhile Trump got a 'small' loan of a million from his KKK loving father and went on to have life handed to him at every turn despite constantly, constantly, failing and proving himself to be a complete oaf. These are the people in front of you right now.'

That was a really fuckin good thing, and stuff like that does actually inspire people. If she had more of that and less 'I don't want a world where girls are kidnapped and enslaved, I want a world where girls are bold and brave!' robo-bullshit she could have had a near Obama level movement when that gets contrasted with 'local wealthy simpleton thinks we need to nuke china and questions if mexians even feel pain like real humans do to thunderous applause'.

Like, even if you want to be all stupid about this and reduce it down to "SHE WAS THE MOST QUALIFIED PERSON EVER AND IT WAS STOLEN FROM HER FOR SEEMINGLY NO REASON EXCEPT CONSPIRACIES AND PLOTS RATHER THAN PERSONAL FAILING" the response should be "why the gently caress did she choose to show that in the most cold, impersonal, way possible then?"

Are you talking about Frontline's The Choice 2016? That was pretty good.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Zas posted:

this has probably all been posted, however, ftw, compare trump and the election to the following media if you want to be cool:

twin peaks, obviously
metal gear solid series, esp. 2
countless reality shows
nixonland
persona 5
that one episode of sesame street
the respective drivethroughs of mcdonalds and kfc

moller
Jan 10, 2007

SoupyTwist posted:

CARTOON PARN

this is eichenwalds wife, your image caused him to have an erection, the anime police have been notified

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Topher Spiro is like an old Sega/NES name written by Japanese guys who don't know many English names, they just have an idea of what European names sorta sound like. Like "Sypha Belnades."

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Paladin posted:

Edit: My greatest regret though is that, in 2004, I did not purchase Matt Furey's "New Video Reveals The Brutal Fighting Techniques and Conditioning Regime George W. Bush Should Use in Preparation for a No-Holds-Barred Fight With Saddam Hussein."

Was that the guy who had sex with the floor?

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Thompsons posted:

I know it's such a meaningless thing but Japanese people putting the exclamation point before the question mark really is the antichrist

It's an interrobang not a banginterro.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Hey, what happened to Krang T Nelson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

At least 10k is, like, 40k in Ohio dollars.