Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
Which do you love more: justice? Or development?

They've also made a premium episode about the teacher protests in Mexico available for free, so be sure to check that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

GalacticAcid posted:

Will Menaker sounds like he'd be so bad at fighting. He's very funny though.

Actually I think you'll find that Will is a stone cold 100% super badass killer man. Because he understands SUCCESS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYZSJg9xRK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqXuT2ecA-c

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
That was not a pelt I was expecting them to collect. drat.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
One thing I appreciate about this podcast is how it helped to shake me out of the lull I'd fallen into about the media, where if I started to read an article and I found it to be stupid or incoherent, I'd just give it the benefit of the doubt and go "well maybe there's just something here I'm missing." Or I'd see something making the rounds on Facebook and go "well that's obvious horseshit" but everybody would be so excited about it I'd just keep my mouth shut. And the truth is, usually, no, it's just bad. Aside from obvious idiots like D'souza, I think I also focused more on the politicians and ignored how incredibly inbred and pathetic the circus following them has gotten.

Touching briefly on the Jon Oliver thing, the show has also helped me realize what I found so jarring about about those JON DESTROYS DRUMPF or THIS TEENAGER JUST TOOK DOWN NOT-MY-PRESIDENT TRUMP IN ONE SASSY TWEET headlines, which is: Trump has spent the last year acting like a badger jacked up on steroids, and his critics have been spending the last year screaming about it. Except, Trump's about to become the loving president, and all his critics can think to do is... scream about it. Like, it makes sense for Trump to keep it up, because it's WORKING for him. What's everybody else's loving excuse? Why is everybody acting like just ONE MORE article about his conflicts of interest or ONE MORE really brutal standup set is going to do the trick? Change it up, bitches.

In short: love those boys.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
I can't even believe you would even be in this thread without having a firm grip on the balsach fallacy. People must go around proving you wrong by your own logic all the time.

Also, this pussyhat thing is disgusting -- as anybody knows, it used to be common for the garrison cap worn by our troops to be referred to as the oval office's cap. That's stolen valor, ladies, and I won't stand for it.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
https://twitter.com/ripmarkusj/status/824503102036475908

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Halloween Jack posted:

Hell, I just recently listened to an old episode where Amber and Matt were discussing how it doesn't matter what views a politician expresses publicly or privately, but the coalition of interests to whom they owe their position.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
Rod Dreher, hilariously, was on the case!