Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Phone posted:

Some other video game YouTuber I've never heard of fell on his sword today. Apparently between two Patreons, they're pulling in 55k/month. He was the conservative pundit in their motley crew.

He got canned is expanding his business opportunities over a tweet on International Women's Day that was the most low effort poo poo on the planet. Also Gadsden flag twitter av.

Was it just that women's day attempted joke that did him in, though? I could have sworn the guy was already known for being a libertarian douchebag long before this.

Chapo should check out the JonTron/Destiny 'debate', it goes to some, uh, interesting territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I think it's possible to grade Hamilton (the musical) and Hamilton (the sociopolitical phenomenon) as almost separate things using different rubrics. The quality of the show or music itself doesn't necessarily relate to how it became a symbol of an out-of-touch liberal elite elevating something to such a degree that not only did it become financially unavailable to the public that these people are preaching its virtues at, but even became a replacement for actual policy to help people. The fact that these idiots literally raised money to try and get underprivileged kids to see the show (because it was prohibitively expensive to see thanks to demand and all the hype around it propagated by the very same people raising said money) in lieu of actually using the same passion and resources to address the fundamental issues said poor children actually face in educational disadvantages/hunger/healthcare is something worth discussing; but whether that makes the musical itself bad is another thing entirely.

Hamilton became a useful synecdoche for a lot of the things liberals have hypocritically lauded but placed an undue premium on, coinciding with things like charter schools or Whole Foods as replacement for healthcare and food deserts: a "let them eat cake" for the Obama/Trump era. Unfortunately I have no idea whether this social phenomenon is because of the ideology within the show itself, or if it is by pure happenstance.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Fair enough. That day came in November for a lot of people.

I think a lot of people on the left were almost freed by it. After being told for decades by the Third Way Dems to shut up about our good ideas on wages and healthcare because only they knew how to actually win, only for it to turn out that they can't even do that part right, the left has the chance to push back.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Matt was a guest on Friday's Majority Report, where he added some details he had left out from his solo ep.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I think "So That Happened" is genuinely really good if you want some good in-depth coverage of things with enough of an acerbic tone to keep it from being a slog. Sadly Jason Linkins isn't the host anymore, but it's still been pretty good since then.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

So wait if the DNC/DCCC are functionally useless and we should all be screaming at our phone contacts to vote for a party that has no message, then why should we support that party or those groups financially if their entire purpose is null anyway?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

padijun posted:

every sushi place in my town does the salad with this weird orangish citrus dressing that sucks balls, I wish I could be living that thousand island life

That is probably a ginger dressing, but it can be really good if they do it right.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I legit want the Book Tour Trail game to be made.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

"I was called DAFFY DONNA because my name was Donna."

Can you think of any other reasons they might have called you daffy, Donna? Anything at all?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Is the ep not up on the RSS?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The KHive is still underground, ready to emerge and serve as Kamala's personal army of deep state fixers when she becomes president.

like winemom cicadas

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Regardless, him just embracing it and not having everyone freaking out about the signifiers it represents or whatever is exactly the thing to remove the wind from it.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Cael posted:

this reads like someone saying “oh Trump is just playing 4D chess, you rubes” lmao

if this happens it's completely incidental to biden just repeating what he heard because that's just biden, it's just that said reaction is better than turning it into a new phrase to freak out over and cry offense at, feeding into the appeal

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Simiain posted:

Whether or not its because his brain is mostly prions and plaque, "sure lets go brandon" probably is the best response to some chortling chud prank calling you

that's about the sum of it
it's honestly just funny how scared these people are of simply saying "gently caress joe biden" like little kids scared of being punished

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Sinteres posted:

I think tradcaths are mostly a twitter and maybe Supreme Court thing.
They used to have more TV News commentator presence until they either got too old or were found to be sex pests.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Her article on the cruise spent a lot of unnecessary time on talking about the old article, as well as things that just don't really add up to much. I kinda get why she'd rather refer to the other one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

The picture he posted was obviously crystal meth, too