Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Only good song on that album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

She’s gonna pivot into a right wing grifter lmao.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

I thought Hogg was slang for a fascist politician or something.

It’s a good word. It’s a good label.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

If you look back a page you'll see I didn't vote for anyone. This is about preference. You will be subjected to an outcome one way or another because you have no political power. This is a stupid loving argument and this is the last I'll post on it, there's nothing further to say.
🤓

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

a person or political group that commits horrible acts through incompetence, their religion, or thinking it’s for the greater good is less ontologically evil than an entity that knows the horrible acts they commit are evil but does so anyways because they believe it will allow them to keep, secure, or grow their power

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 24, 2023

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Chakan posted:

If I had to choose between death by crushing or death by quartering, I would consider which method reflects less poorly on my murderer.
right, if the outcome is the same then what is the difference?

but even by some folk’s “lesser evil” standards I wouldn’t consider the person pointing out “this is evil” and then killing me anyways to somehow be the lesser evil in all of this. at least the guy killing me because it makes their god happy didn’t loving ask me to donate and put me on a calling list.

edit:

No Dignity posted:

We have two whole forums to do this slapfight out in, do it there

telling someone to complain about liberalism in the D&D forum is the SA version of entrapment

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 24, 2023

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Somebody on Twitter had the theory that when Matt Walsh’s twitter got hacked his DMs were leaked to someone and are about to be released, and they include Tucker saying something truly heinous. Which would explain the timing.
lmao why do people keep thinking right wing pundits are secretly whispering Epstein tier poo poo with each other all the time? everything we’ve seen with dominion and Alex Jones seems to indicate that their communications boil down to talking about how loving dumb their audience are, and getting ghosted.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

selec posted:

Because they are all weird perverts, OP
yeah but their perversions are usually hierarchical in nature. they either get their child sacrifices through their billionaire benefactors or they hit on teenagers directly. the conservative punditverse aren’t hanging around the water cooler talking about their adrenochrome parties.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Rob Destinkymonious

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

he barely won last time and biden has squandered any goodwill and optimism he had while revealing himself to be an automaton with oatmeal for brains

Also it would be really funny if Trump won. Which is all the motivation the right needs.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

"it will be funny" is all the right needs to vote.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Cosmik Slop posted:

YOUR PODCAST IS CHINESE

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

oh god I just realized the daily wire is the modern day channel awesome

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

https://x.com/cushbomb/status/1756849893581447307?s=46

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

sometimes brain damage makes you cooler

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

growing old is coming to terms that many great movies have a weak act

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

my conspiracy theory is that this whole sydney sweeney thing was an astroturf job done by her agency.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

She’s hot simple as

i mean the whole “antiwoke” thing. usually for the right there’s a throughline in their narratives for what is either the female form is “degeneracy that is corrupting our youth” or “awesomeness that must be protected from the sjws”, and it’s the agency of the woman. sweeney seems to be the exception in a way that is confusing everybody. there are agencies that sell themselves on making people viral on social media, and right wingers seem to be easily manipulated, so

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 23, 2024

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

so libs are now the pro-fascist party that is defending genocide and xenophobia.

and the daily wire is now saying that “christ is king” is an exclusionary term and we need to use more neutral terms, the babylon bee (conservative onion) posted an article that equated the confederate flag with the nazi flag and said white supremacists are inbred

what the gently caress is going on? are we going back to dixiecrats and lincoln republicans? is the lib’s bloodthirst for a arab holocaust mentally breaking the right?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

all I know about ace combat is jpeg dog. i love the jpeg dog.

https://youtu.be/IXB1W8va3eg?si=wsnrLIWcqzfAJm5t

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

I’ve been listening to them more tbh. the humor helps with the processing of this nightmare hellworld

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

can we admit that ex machina was garbage too?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I liked annihilation quite a bit, but I’m afraid to see it again on the chance I’m just misremembering it. His other movies (and devs) all look very good but are pretty middling otherwise
nah annihilation is good because the pretentiousness is all subtextual, and up to the viewer to interpret or ignore while they enjoy a very cool and creepy sci-fin action horror with an AMAZING art direction.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

Garland, to me, feels on level with most of Villeneuve's work. Really beautiful and evocative movies with a pretty weak script. I'll still eat that trash.
Yup.

Civil War looks like slop though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

That's really the only way to end that story. The book takes a more grounded approach (though still pretty weird) that doesn't land as well as the movie.
i like the book’s ending because after a long build up, it concludes with an autistic person seeing a lovecraftian horror and instead of going insane they think “well if I can’t comprehend it, or scientifically measure it, then what’s the point of witnessing this thing anyways?” and walking away.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 1, 2024