Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

prefect posted:

Kate is so cool, but we scared her off. :(

This is going to go down as the Dante and Beatrice segment when whatever patient archangel writes the saga of the SA forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Anyone leave a message on the Chapo complaint number in their Twitter bio yet? I dialled it expecting a goof, but got (to my surprise) Will's voice and what sounded like a legit voicemail box. Maybe they knew how bad the stream was gonna suck and set it up preemptively.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

While it needed more "watching trucks crash into a bridge for half an hour while listening to Crazy Town" energy, the second night did have Virgil yelling "YOU DRUNK IDIOT" at Matt which unironically warmed my heart a bit

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

I laughed out loud at work over that and texted my brother to see if he had listened to that part yet. Matt has great outbursts but when the other Chapo’s go off, it’s such a rare treat that it catches me off guard.

I like the one where Virgil started raving about "you are a DUMB BABY! If I wanted to engage with you, I'd wiggle my keys in your face!"

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Had to go back and check. Apparently it's episode 224, Cortez the Killer:

"If you believe [a market-based, modest expansion of] health insurance availability in the country is a radical-left proposal, you're a baby. You're a dumb baby. I don't care what you believe. I don't need your vote. I don't want to talk to you. If I wanted to impress you or court you, I would dangle my keys in front of you. You're a dumb loving baby. gently caress off!"

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

I'm always amazed that Virgil doesn't look way worse, given how much he seems to drink

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Nothus posted:

Hilldawg botched the hit like she botched 2016.

Shoulda gone with the guy she used for Vince Foster. Sloppy work, abuela.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Joementum posted:

that is a very, very bad song, but.................. this is worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpOwePJdzO0

Thank you, I had nearly forgotten how the Bush years utterly ruined everything they touched

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

I Before E posted:

It's referencing a terrible Two Broke Girls joke

Now there's a redundant adjective

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

watching SNL and drat it sucks

Woody Harrelson did an eerily good Joe Biden, I thought

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Chexoid posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178821592421404678

What the gently caress is this video. Is Donald Trump about to kill himself.

They didn't show the part where the hat blew off the Marine's head again anyway

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Since the rollout of Evangelion on Netflix was such a huge deal online, and Felix seems to absorb whatever pop culture is placed in front of him like a phagocyte, I'm a little surprised that it took him this long to get to it

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

I like new Amber, she seems nice

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Catholicism is cancelled

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

No horse in this race but you could tell Michael Che was a psycho when he did that segment of Weekend Update making fun of New Yorkers for not wanting Amazon to build a headquarters there.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

99.9% of comedians are hosed in the head one way or the other, I think we can agree on that

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I can't believe Virgil would betray Bernie like this

I almost feel like this has to be a joke based on how exactly close each of these people looks to what you would imagine based on who they're working for

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

As long as Warren tanks I'll be happy. Her fans are the most annoying, bar none.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Lolling at the idea of a curious NYT reader looking into Red Scare and meeting up with another of Anna's incomprehensible takes about facial structure and social lineage

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Anyone else been watching Matt's IG streams? It's nice to see him alive and kicking, though the last one was pretty dark.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

THS posted:

how so

He seemed utterly certain that we have nothing to look forward to other than a grim future working for one or two MegaCorporations-- Bernie has lost, labor movements are nonexistent, etc. Although he maintains that he is not blackpilled, that things can change from hour to hour.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Jackie D posted:

What's wrong with Virgil?

Experimental catboy procedure, he's a puddle of goo now

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Amber's surprisingly cheerful stream made a nice contrast with Matt's reading ominous poetry and musing about our descent into fascism

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Jesus Christ.

1. Download Instagram
2. Open it
3. Look at the top. See Matt's big dumb grinning mug with word "live" on it? He's streaming! Click it! If not, he isn't.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Amber seemed to have no hard feelings toward the V-man on her stream. Basically "he's doing his own thing, and that's fine". Matt seems more pissed. "Don't know, don't care". I really don't give two shits about the drama, I just hope our king wonk is okay.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

People itt are always acting weird about someone on the show, it's just usually Amber. There's been no real difference in posting sanity.

Tbf Amber does seem to come up with the weirdest takes of any of em

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Bar Crow posted:

Virgil is building a new identity with an even more farcical name.

Oh man, you gotta check out the podcast, they got Caractacus Alabama on a guest spot

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Grevling posted:

I wish I was as unhorny as Felix.

Getting the egirls on Twitter hornt while remaining unbothered, that's the life for me

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

I’m riding out the social distancing orders at my parents’ and my dad has severe lib brain so I get to have this argument every day. He was completely befuddled that I am not impressed by Biden’s plan to lower Medicare to 60.

Just say "okay, you won me over" and have it be a fun surprise when Biden craters

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

El Camino was unnecessary but enjoyable.

I found El Camino to be completely useless. If you're a big fan of Breaking Bad like I am, I encourage you to pay it no attention whatsoever.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

How bout them Chapos huh

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

GoLambo posted:

Matt is looking a lot healthier honestly.

Acid will do that to you

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

BBJoey posted:

what does this have to do with anything

Matt actually wrote it under a nom de plume

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Virgil get in the drat podcast!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Kunster posted:

It's not the worst reaction to Bernie's defeat from the Chapos as I'm reserving that to Felix

I dunno, somebody's seeming to almost literally vanish off the face of the earth seems worse

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

JustaDamnFool posted:

Its pretty funny how much Felix hates zoomers

Call ME a turbohomo, will they

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

Herman Cain in the membrane. :(

One of the dumbest deaths I could possibly imagine. Just a breathtaking, cosmic, transcendent self-own

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

Back when people first started talking about fibromyalgia, the last thing I heard was "it's almost certainly not real" and never ever followed up on it, so I just assumed that was the final verdict on it. I didn't know anybody who had it and I've never really had tv to see drug commercials on, so there was no reason for me to ever see or hear anything else about it. until like a few years ago when I got treated like an insane person for going "oh yeah that made-up disease" when someone brought it up.

It's pretty hard to state conclusively, since pain is notoriously subjective and difficult to measure, and fibromyalgia is basically inexplicable pain and nothing but.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Gladio is one thing, but what is with Felix’s fixation on [every facet of pop culture ever devised]?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

i say swears online posted:

The worst problem is the sound mixing of the streamers themselves, especially if more than one person is on stream. No effort to equalize and usually their screen UI is a mess

I have never once seen a Chapo stream that went fine beginning to end. I swear Matt was sitting on his mic or something.

mcmagic posted:

Amber needs to be canceled for saying Kamala is hotter than AOC.

Anybody even slightly Red Scare-adjacent has the weirdest loving takes about relative hotness levels

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 21, 2020