Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The_Rob posted:

How do Chem trail people get around the fact of them breathing in chem trails for years but they are not only fine but aware of the chem trail conspiracy?
every headache they get and every time they feel tired and every time their kid misbehaves or has autism or ADHD is because of chemtrails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it's a flag and it's not a Murican flag :911: so it's obviously the work of the devil

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

MikeCrotch posted:

Is the election night episode behind the Patreon wall or am I just really dumb and can't find it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN0kINOpR9k

you can see the realization setting in about an hour into the video it's p great

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the bit with crying felix, god drat

right in the feels

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Kunster posted:

Wait, i watched this and didn't see that. Timestamp?
Obviously his years of working out and nootropic stacking enable him to maintain emotional control, so he doesn't fully cry, but you can see the tears welling up in his eyes after like 9:30

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I loving despise Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party, but I'm a bit annoyed at Luke Savage for failing to mention even one (1) positive accomplishment of the Trudeau government. The fact that antidiscrimination laws were amended to cover trans people is a gimme. Or the tens of billions of dollars worth of new public transit infrastructure, Chapo loves transit after all. Pointing those out would establish them as major goals of the Canadian left. He could have even used that to talk about how the NDP has been fighting for LGBTQ rights a lot longer and harder than the Liberal party. Or how the NDP is proposing this election to invest in public transit even more aggressively than the Liberals.

It's possible he's not allowed to say anything good about the Liberal party because of working for the Broadbent Institute. But then he also didn't take the opportunity to highlight any specific NDP candidates that are good and radical, there's definitely a few he could have chosen from but instead he just said we have "some great candidates" basically. Luke, ya blew it! Brb gonna cancel my Michael & Us patreon subscription

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

he should say those things not to be fair to Trudeau but to establish gay rights and public transit as priorities of the left. also we have a tribunal system for human rights cases where you don't need to hire a lawyer. yes the conservatives will probably roll it back if they get the chance

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

SlimGoodbody posted:

Ok I've seen "twunk" a bunch and I'm starting to think it's not a misspelling of "twink"

a "twunk" is a twink who's kinda a hunk.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/VoxNihi1i/status/1194752632583098370

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Charlotte Clymer helped me to understand that trans people are just people, and some people are repulsive careerist neoliberal shills.

Did she ever offer up any response to Mothers comments about trans rights being a problem for women

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

omg you guys. Felix has the 🍞📈 emojis on his account signifying my conspiracy theory, which I've been putting out there for months, that Pete Buttigieg was involved in an illegal scheme to fix the price of bread in Canada while working at McKinsey. did they talk about it on the show yet? I want to cry

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

holy god drat poo poo. my loving head is going to explode

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

idk whats so mystifying about it, one of the last episodes Virgil was on Matt blew up at him because he was still pushing the optimistic line on Bernie after Matt saw the writing on the wall and he wasn't going to go along with the idea that we still had a chance

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Race Realists posted:

the last Beltway Garage episode, though to be fair he IS exaggerating matt's reaction
it's a disagreement about the direction the show shoudl take that threatened to become irreconciliable and with the pandemic and Bernie dropping out I can def see how Virgil could decide to unplug or go off-reservation while Matt would have this "gently caress him" reaction to that

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

have they ever talked about Brooklyn Nine Nine, the show about woke cops? i loving hate that show

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

Probably Rod’s most believable take yet, ngl

i don't get why ppl like that can't just shut their mouths. no, they have to speak. the world must hear a running commentary of what goes on in their stupid brain

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Well now we know who was doing all those coke snorts on the episode. Bawlin’ Matt in the background choking back tears and snot

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

maybe marina crack pinged and got woke. she has had some horrible takes in the past iirc

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1269014131698532359

Felix's fascination with Alberta politics is awesome and I wish that somebody would talk about it on the show because Alberta politics is absolutely loving insane.

Felix go on Alberta Advantage

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Shipon posted:

other than the tom cotton defense which is hosed, he's not wrong about how the messaging suddenly switched from "this virus is disproportionally hitting people of color so it's vitally important to stay inside and stay locked down" to "we have to go out to protest police brutality" when the latter kills a few hundred people a year while literally tens of thousands of people are dying from the virus. it's a bit incoherent and missing the scale of the real threat

All levels of government in the United States have chosen to more or less completely surrender to the virus and let it rip through the population as a matter of policy several weeks before the protests even broke out. it’s not actually that hard to figure out why ‘its vitally important to lockdown’ is out the window now for most people if you’re not a complete moron or a bad faith racist shithead pretending to not understand

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jun 14, 2020

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Phone posted:

it's like the chairman daou arc; you said/did one good thing, but you're still on notice

re: covid19, the US' response was so half-assed and irresponsible and trying to leverage the pandemic itself into shaming or laying the blame at the feet of its citizens is bullshit. it's a lazy rhetorical trick that is trying to imply that if everyone was personally responsible, then there would be no problem. bing-bong, so simple. it's not OK when people use the same dumb rhetorical device when it's about employment, housing, or debts, so attempting to use the same austerity promotion for covid19 is asinine.

e2: if "personal responsibility" could have wiped out covid19, it would mean that either we were living in a libertarian hellscape or the american culture would have been restructured overnight to a community/collective based society

yep it's textbook neoliberalism, putting all the onus on the individual just like getting people to drive Teslas and buy organic dish soap to save the environment

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol I logged on to reddit to enjoy the tears and even that was dull and depressing. redditors loving love upvoting rebuttal comments that are like "do you know what an analogy is?" what a terrible place

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

Can anyone link to Disney’s welcome back commercial/tweet. The official account took it down.

https://twitter.com/peptostate/status/1282063833897590785?s=21

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The North Tower posted:

Not to say that they aren't recruiting teenagers, but could that just be what Rico sees when he sees 18-year-old recruits now that he's slightly older? Like to him they look like kids and the only way to make that come across visually is by casting teenagers?
this was my initial reading on it as well but as I get older and on subsequent watches I'm liking the other interpretation more and more. it is true that they suck poo poo at fighting the bugs and Doogie Howser's psychic powers when demonstrated, are parlour tricks at best

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

like wow, he taught his ferret a voice command, very spooky psychic powers there. He could easily be lying/embellishing to impress his friend like every "lying guy" friend you ever head, they openly treat each other like poo poo all the time anyways

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

someone dug up a video of Matt wherein he talks about how he hates tradcaths and thinks the world would be a better place if they were all dead.

the tradcaths are very agitated. half of them are very mad at him, the other half are praying for his soul.

might be one of his best takes yet

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Outside is fine as long as you keep your distance from others not from your household.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

John Stewart plays with his pen and makes faces at the camera while the audience cheers raucously for 20 minutes straight. funny and insightful!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

and then totally OWNS right wingers by letting them on his show, giving them an uninterrupted platform, and going 'buh, you don't really think that though do you????'

guy thinks he's the king of bullshit mountain lmao :xd:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/kath_krueger/status/1286839981848363008

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Bill Maher The N-Word Guy!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1293520377952567307

Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Same but 2004-6 and the hot couch guy was my friend’s friend’s mom’s greasy boyfriend who grew pot

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

there were so many lib dummies kissing his rear end in his threads before the racist stuff popped up! hundreds of replies!

https://twitter.com/lisahaineslaw/status/1295432325505966081?s=20

dta

https://twitter.com/sfshaza2/status/1295430079770583040

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

mcmagic posted:

When Obama named Rham chief of staff, that is when I knew deep in my heart that he had hoodwinked all of us.

We shoulda known after he threw Rev Wright under the bus

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

libs have discovered the word "tankie" and now it comes up in every discussion with left wingers and people get called "tankie" for pointing out the US empire is a worse human rights abuser than the soviet union ever was

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 2, 2020

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

What's the deal with Beltway Garage? It seems intentionally succ in a way that the other episodes aren't. The analysis seems more earnest and non-abrasive as if they are playing characters?

Cosmik Slop posted:

Who caa-ares, we're all gonna die

It's the Beltway Garage

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

porfiria posted:

I didn't think the COVID sympathy take was that out there (I really don't think it's true but I've had friends articulate a similar line), but what was that she said about COVID not spreading through the air?!
it mostly spreads through droplets which travel out of your mouth and nose, up to about 6 feet before hopefully landing on the ground and not another person. but some people (especially early on) have a misconception that it's floating around everywhere like a gaseous miasma and they think they need to wear masks outside even if there's like 50 feet between them and the next person. it was the source of a lot of hysteria early on back in March and April. Only a limited amount of viral particles actually become "airborne" (lighter than air) and they stop being infectious much faster under those conditions, separated from the nice warm cell-rich liquid that is your snot.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Not just Americans either. Here's a Canadian reporter who thinks the virus is gonna survive on an envelope for days or weeks lol
https://twitter.com/AshleyBurr_/status/1313262439652155392