Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

The guy yelling was actually Matt Christman, one of the hosts of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

I must say, @moorehn's freakout is loving amazing. That is one loving online bitch. Who ain't white! Just cuz she's literally white as hell and has a mayo-rear end job and a cracka-rear end name doesn't make her white!

https://twitter.com/moorehn/status/1184647949495783432

https://twitter.com/rat_brained/status/1184651069382692864

Stupid bitch

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Stupid bitch.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

AOC appears to be v publicly making GBS threads on the DCCC. Good for her!

Wish she’d v publicly poo poo in my mouth

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Kubrick shot all his films in London, because he hated the logistics of trying to get a crew and studios elsewhere as competent as his regular collaborators.

New York in Eyes Wide Shut is a mix of large miniatures, areas in London meticulously scouted for their architectural resemblance to parts of NYC that were dressed for the film, and rear projection of footage Kubrick's second unit shot over a few days on location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0MP5zlIFYM

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I'm not sure if anyone listens to "Cum Town" (it's a comedy podcast by three guys who are IRL friends/former roommates with the Chapo hosts), but Felix is on the most recent episode

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Gripweed posted:

you shouldn't call disabled people the r word

Yes you should

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

WTF!!!

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Eegah! posted:

The rumbling on donut Twitter is some pedophilia accusation. Which if it’s the same one that went around a few years ago then it’s mostly bullshit. We’ll see I guess.

Mmm, well I shall be checking back to see what any developments are regardless.... "Just In Casse" ;)

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

thotsky posted:

Chapo should self-crit about going all in on Bernie in the way that they did. I don't think they demonized the left, but they sure helped demoralize it in the long run. Maybe it would have felt different if he had won, but with the disappointing way he lost it becomes hard not to see the campaging, criticism-free coverage and hype as somehow betraying the original concept of the show.

Not sure what New Matt heralds for the show. Even though it is now clear that Old Matt was right, and Primary Matt was probably a mistake it would be difficult, inauthentic and slightly tired for them to just go back to their old ways. TrueAnon occupies that field now, and I believe Brace a lot more. Libs and "anti-fascist" are sort of holding their feet to the fire, making a black-pill turn somewhat more difficult, but honestly, by embracing the campaign the Chapos lost their outsider status so an attempt would feel pretty forced anyway.

They could look inward and do reading series shows about the beef the NYT has with them, but that would be really indulgent, and too similar to the feuding between Republican and Democrat media institutions, which they've made fun of in the past.

I would be worried about upsetting the apple cart too, but Chapo needs to rebrand somehow. Matt can be engaging in pretty much any context, Felix is clearly done with politics, Amber can gently caress off if all she has to bring is "let's focus on local politics", that's more of a chapo guest than host, and who knows what is up with Virgil. The main issue is Will; by showing his entire rear end with the Bernie thing he no longer has any sort of ironic distance or legitimacy. It would be really embarrassing to see him trying to outdo Brace. The "stupid podcast about the noid" defense will no longer work for him and he's himself a proper target for the "moneyed media elite wonk" criticism he used to hand out.

You really are loving stupid as poo poo

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that Felix and Lee are at it again
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1261366992361185280

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Juul-Whip posted:

have they ever talked about Brooklyn Nine Nine, the show about woke cops? i loving hate that show

Chris the producer told a story about some Australian tourists asking him where the Brooklyn 99 building was and then asked if it was safe to go in that direction (it was never stated outright but I understood the implication being: is it a black neighbourhood); Chris then bemusedly noted that it was funny that Australians would ask such a question. I hope this helps mate.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I love lamp :D

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Race Realists posted:

i...

i think i might need to talk to a grievance counselor, or anyone really. i followed this guy on twitter and twitch (as did most), held this guy in high esteem (yes. even Anime journalists can be decent writers sometimes) so i am admittedly shocked (and very, very angry) at his passing. :smith:

Goondolences

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

T. Bombastus posted:

Brace is the king of making people not-mad online.

Too bad he sounds like a stupid wiener

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

Ugh, I can hear that in his voice.

My name is Ryan Schutt, and I’m gay.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Edit: unnecessarily rude.

Wizard Master fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 11, 2020

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Great ep tonight, between "uncleplay" and the SoA stuff and the prison SWAT fiasco it's all classic fodder for the dry boys

I'll have to check it out thanks

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

multijoe posted:

If I were a Chapo member I would simply not appropriate a fascist pseudo-scientific conspiracy theory about a shadowy plot to destroy the male gender with beans without making any real effort to distance my use of the concept from it's original (and still widely used) intention

You sound like a little bitch to be honest

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Thoughts on friend of the pod Samantha Pritchard transitioning?
https://twitter.com/thucydiplease/status/1281374227258462209

Wizard Master fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 10, 2020

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

I don't know who that is, but I feel like you could have not deadnamed them for seemingly no reason

Sorry, that wasn’t meant to be disrespectful. I’ve edited it out.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Cancel culture? Don’t mind if I do haha :razz:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

A reminder that it was only a couple of weeks ago that you were all :qq:ing about leaving the forums and accusing Bust Rodd of supporting domestic abusers because he had the temerity to say that nobody really cares that much if the owner of the site is a piece of poo poo (I recall he said it was like moving out of town just because the mayor is an rear end in a top hat), and yet every single one of you is still posting here like it never happened.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

If you thought they were cowardly for showing restraint with Mackay and his opinions on Vice, perhaps the most egregious example of them treating a celebrity guest with "kid gloves" was the second Patton Oswalt episode; I distinctly remember Eli Roth came up and Oswalt called him a "Fantastic director" (??); all Will could offer was a subdued "Yeah...". I can only imagine how much Will would have wanted to rip into him for that one 😂

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Mee-YOW! That’s one crabby tabby!

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Did we ever get a straight answer about why Junpei Hyde wouldn't let us have a Cum Town thread in this subforum?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

It was the most gbs thing in existence

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

While Virgil hasn’t directly commented on Barnacle Jim’s death, I’ve noticed that today he has liked several tweets of people mourning his passing - growing evidence that he is a former or current “SA Goon”.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

RIP to the best half of Red Scare 😥

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Interesting to note that both Matt and Liz Bruenig are guests on the most recent episode, both of whom some of you may know from Twitter.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Looks like Dasha and Anna managed to secure Adam Curtis for a guest spot before the Chapo crew - right on the heels of his new documentary.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I don’t care.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

It’s low key pretty gross how Matt never acknowledged how unempathetic and downright thoughtless he was towards Virgil on one of his cushvlogs when someone asked where he had disappeared to

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Never have I heard a piece of media as self-congratulatory, self-satisfied and masturbatory as the 500th episode. What an absolute waste of time that was.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

space uncle posted:

Professionally Managed Ligma

Hilarious.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I’m not sure if people here are aware but there’s actually an active Red Scare thread, right here in the podcast subforum. Feel free to participate

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Looks like Adam Friedland from Cum Town podcast is on the latest premium episode. On that note - does anybody know what happened to the Cum Town thread in this subforum? I remember it being quite active but I checked and it doesn't appear to be there anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

The infamous, "soy face" 😂😂