Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Doesn't Virgil have Crohn's or ulcerative colitis yet his twitter bio talks about how he loves coffee? Rule number one about having bowel problems: Don't drink coffee when you have poo poo to do that does not let you freely go to the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

We were both in punk bands in high school. He was a upper middle class san francisco kid and I was from the suburbs who has always been around industrial jobs. He gave me poo poo for looking too metal and I don't take poo poo. Lmao he was kind of an rear end in a top hat but his band was tight and the other members were cool

Warkrime? I know the bass player through both going to punk shows in Japan.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I'm curious to know what kind of security poo poo PPGD is having to go through after coming back. Hopefully they can get him back on in the near future.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I meant like getting detained at the airport and interrogated for being an American national who fought for a foreign military group

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I'm going through History of Rome and thoroughly enjoying it. Because of it my new go-to phrase of exasperation is "Sweet Jupiter!"

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
After watching that election night video I came away with one thought burning in my head; Will Menaker has a big melon head.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The problem with Electric Wizard as I remember them is that their drum sound is just weak as hell. Not really becoming of the music.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

True but the two drummer phase that started with a senile animal is also worth checking out. There's no gently caress around joke songs

Seeing them in this phase (I think when Nude with Boots came out) is in my top ten of favorite shows. Got to talk to Buzz after and he was really nice. I kind of expected him to be a mega-smartass but he was just really pleasant and wanted to show us his guitar.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think it's just that he's the funniest, most articulate, and handsomest.

Will has a big melon head and Matt looks like he's from the Midwest. I'd also choose to interview Felix over the other two.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I grew up in Indiana with horrible almost non-existent public transit and now I live in the Tokyo area which has a public transit system better than pretty much anywhere. After living here for a few years if the train is like 5 minutes late it pisses me off. Conditioning is a hell of a thing

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Here's your body when the dork who is your seppuku second hasn't ever actually used a sword before and has trouble decapitating you.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Penisaurus Sex posted:

He is a perfect storm of British.

Fixed that for ya

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The boys are wrong about Guam, though. They definitely have a tourist industry. It's a pretty popular place for Japanese tourists for example.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I wonder how PFT is dealing with one of his long time friends going off the deep end and routinely saying wacky poo poo. Like you just ignore that stuff and never talk politics with her?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Similarly great is the video of Rich and Mike reading the Wookieepedia entry on Darth Vader's suit.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
So Matt moved to New York and two eps ago it sounded like he was in the room and this time it went back to sounding like he was in a bathroom. I'm kind of hoping it's a bit now and he just continues to use his own lovely setup in his own apartment.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I don’t get how Gorka’s car hasn’t been constantly in the shop for new paint jobs due to keying

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

THAT'S A METAL GEAR SOLID REFERENCE. IT'S THE DRUG YOU TAKE WHEN SNIPING TO STEADY YOUR AIM

It was diazepam in the first MGS and then they changed it to pentazamin in the games after

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Will has a big melon head, doesn’t he

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

games are good. it is Gamers that are bad.

Ding ding ding ding ding

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Matt’s karmic punishment for his anti-gamer vitriol will be that he has a son who games more than Virgil and Felix combined

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Konami can go to hell. They know not what they did. Kojima forever

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
If an rear end in a top hat rich kid was named Septus, my go to teasing would be to call him “septic”

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m not sure I’ve enjoyed something in a video game as much as when you climb up that really long ladder and you start to hear the theme music from far away and gets louder as you climb on. Ah and if you stop climbing the music stops. Half baked plot stuff aside Kojima really is a genius when it comes to making a whole gaming experience.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I tried to listen to their episode on Aum Shinrikyo but couldn’t get through the first one half because of how infuriating it was that the Japanese police had so many opportunities to stop them but did nothing and half because the hosts were annoying and kept calling people “sapien”. Is that some inside joke on the podcast?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

I Before E posted:

incoming five hour solo episode where felix explains the history of pancrase

That’d actually probably be interesting though

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Pellisworth posted:

A few episodes back when they interviewed Jesse Ventura, was that the real Jesse or Adomian doing an impression?

Adomian really REALLY has his Jesse Ventura impression down

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Uranium posted:

Metal Gear!?

Fixed that for ya

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The recent premium Quiz Boys was pretty good. It's super interesting how something that was so widely known in a certain time period was forgotten relatively quickly. It reminded me of a quote from a Three Stooges VHS I had as a kid. The shorts are pretty well known because they came into public domain and were made into VHS cassettes when it was cheap to do so. Basically Larry says something to which Moe replies with "Wrong, Quiz Kid!" and then hits Larry. It doesn't make the joke any funnier but now I fully get it.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Male Tears posted:

Anyone go to the Pawtucket, RI show last night? I was kind of disappointed. They talked about Brett Kavanaugh's pervert friend Mark Judge for a bit which was funny but then they spent almost a whole hour on this unfunny shtick about how H.P. Lovecraft was the original right-wing incel shitposter and it just kind of dragged. Was the Boston show any better? I figured the Lovecraft stuff was just for our show since he's a local historical figure.

A recent episode of Struggle Session had Will on and they specifically talked about Lovecraft the whole episode and it was pretty good. Maybe it’s not as interesting when Felix tries to tie in Fortnite or whatever :shrug:

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m thirty and one of my parents is a silent generation and the other is a boomer. Silent generation really might as well be boomers, they came of age in a time of great economic opportunity too, they just got older and had the horrible boomer views before the boomers.

E: lol I meant silent generation. Might as well be lost though

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yep. Well my dad had three kids when he was in his twenties and then his wife died, he married my mom, and they had their first kid together when my mom was 34 and he was 44. I was 50 and 40.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I enjoyed the doc a lot as someone who has been casually interested in MMA for years but never took too deep of a look into it to see how much there is to unpack in its weirdness. What I really want is a doc like this specifically about the Japanese promotions like Pride and K-1 which I always found more fun than UFC outside of the first couple of UFC tournaments which were filled with weird, weird motherfuckers. There were plenty of huge Pride matches and fighters that didn’t get mentioned in the doc.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
A bit behind on the tabletop gaming eps but that was a great Stav cameo

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

I Before E posted:

Matthew Walther went on early in and it devolved into him praying while Amber yelled at him about abortion which is why it's only on YouTube, it ruled

Amber’s Indiana-ness could not be contained in that one. Like a woman with a couple of shirtless chubby gradeschool boys arguing with another woman with shirtless chubby gradeschool boys in a Walmart. It was pretty good

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

pangstrom posted:

Did anyone get that Assad's-brother's-car-model question right? Hats off to those people, if there are any.

I assumed it was some kind of Mercedes as that’s what all the dictators and their families were into in the 80s and 90s

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Re: the claim in the article that Chapo is known for misogyny and negative views towards women. I still don’t get where this comes from. Poking fun at Hillary Clinton? Calling guys a bitch? Saying oval office before?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Bend the Knee.

With as obsessed with Game of Thrones the US in general is, I just have to assume they actually know the concept of bending the knee and are just purposely misconstruing it when used by Chapo

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

terrorist ambulance posted:

She looks younger than Matt. Hilarious

Matt’s three button collarless shirt that always looks kind of dirty is just peak slob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
That means that Kath Kreuger is like 6'5 because she always looks to be about a head taller than will in pictures.