Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh, also it's SAINT Nick, so Santa's really a Christian symbol.

Anyway, this would be an excellent Chapo Christmas Special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Bananas are god intended them.

Yum

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, seems like Chapo has done OK at recruiting minority guests. Pod Save America made a whole network, so they've got more resources to dole out. Chapo doesn't seem interested in creating a network, so all they have are 2 guest host spots a week.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Trabisnikof posted:

psa is hate listening for the weak. only the strongest can handle hate listening to the slate political gabfest.

I listen to that! I turn it off in a rage far less than PSA, but maybe that's because they aren't claiming to be leftists. Slate's Trumpcast and the 538 podcast too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Bringing up stuff like journalistic malpractice with stories involving Russia isn't functionally useful for achieving that goal so he's considered an enemy now instead of just an irrelevant fringe jouralist.

It's weird to bring up journalistic malpractice to defend a guy who burned a source because her leak totally dunked on his narrative.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

I know it sounds a bit tinfoily but I think Lovett is more lefty than he acts but he knows his brand is HEAVILY wrapped up with the most milquetoast dems at this point so we get poo poo like this where he'd rather be nice to his republican friend lying than a leftist acquaintance talking about a massively popular thing.

Maybe I'm just trying to justify liking the guy, though. Seems like he's a nice guy and all and I like his twitter poo poo.

As far as I can tell, Lovett's audience is entirely wine moms who lobby for Blue Cross Blue Shield to be able to seize sick people's houses but think they're super leftists because they went to the women's march.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paladin posted:

Variations of this question got asked a few times through early church history, causing a great deal of strife. I mean, not nearly as many deaths as "this wafer represents Jesus" vs. "this wafer literally turns into the literal flesh of the literal physical body of Jesus when a priest puts it in your mouth," but yeah. Christian schisms are fun reading when you're in the right frame of mind for it and have no stake in the outcome.

Every once in awhile, I forget that this is what Catholics actually believe.

And I was raised Catholic. I mean, they taught it to us, but they're smart enough to de-emphasize it as much as possible.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chakan posted:

I haven't seen the new justice league movie, but I'm absolutely sure Amber and Virgil are right that the counterbalance provided by the flash is nice.

"Cancelling firefly was absolutely worth the Iraq War." I was dying

Nothing the flash said was funny. He was super offputting.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

It must have been weird for Whedon to follow up on the work of a director who made an entire film about how his brand of sexy girl power feminism is dumb and bad.

They're right about him being the tryhard audience self-insert character. Problem is, at his best he's just a less likeable version of the TV Flash.

I never watched the TV show, but it did seem like a big "gently caress you" that they didn't even audition the TV guy for the movie role.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

yoober posted:

drunk driving should stay illlegal but the limit should be raised to .12

How drunk is that?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Haha, been there a year and every woman in Budapest has swiped left on him already.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pivot to video going great so far

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Matt gonna have to touch the poop again and also admit video games are art

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pivot to video still a home run

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Lobe posted:

How does a man like Peter Daou happen. He is a farce of a human being, and I just don't understand how his brand of madness came to exist.

I think he wants to bang Hillary Clinton.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sephyr posted:

That's not nearly enough. He wants to flow inside her, nest inside her uterus and re-enter the world as a remade creature, blessed by Hillary's infinity bounty, just the newest iteration of an endless Hillary Continuum that he will defend until the heat death of the universe.

:stare:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Apes-Ma posted:

Matt's theory of Daou being Hilary's version of Charles Guiteau is still my favorite interptation of him.

No wonder she was shilling for Verrit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You gotta go full neon hair as if you bought a plastic wig before I assume you're insane. Just a streak or patch or whatever isn't enough.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Boywhiz88 posted:

I made a post in GBS and tweeted at Felix, but I thought of the Chapo thread first. This is the dumbest loving thing you will read and is so peak capitalism that I feel like we’re close to company towns and scrip.

https://goo.gl/tMHx9x

There are so many hosed up parts to this story. I especially love how the store was open, and that people had to time their breaks. Like.... this isn’t cute. It’s hosed up.

It's got nothing on Waffle House wedding. "No, you can't have the day off for your wedding"

quote:

For years, the couple tried to marry on their Independence Day anniversary. But the bride was always scheduled to work. Instead of waiting any longer - she got the day off at the last minute; Mathis had to report for the morning shift - the couple of nine years decided to seal the deal at work.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
NYT Style Section has written up bullshit bougie weddings for forever.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

scary ghost dog posted:

world needs ditch diggers

I'm gonna need you to quantify the lifetime expected value of a ditch digger so I can say definitively if the world needs one or not.

I need to weigh their "achievements" vs. their food and housing costs. You know ... for society's sake somehow.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 24, 2018

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

hey late to the party but that Ballin Out episode Felix was on is genuinely great, this podcast rules

A Dragonball podcast? Bah

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I just found out that David Cross is in The Post. The Post with Bob and David. They share scenes together, which is a great idea for your dramatic film and not at all distracting.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Boywhiz88 posted:

Didn’t they mention that in their Post episode?

Did they? Maybe that's where I learned it.

I saw David Cross on the episode title and thought "Hey, that's a bit awkward since they've been making GBS threads on his new movie."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Trabandiumium posted:

70 iq is supposed to be borderline retarded

IIRC, it's a normal distribution with 100 as the median and a 15 standard deviation. 96% of people fall within 2 standard deviations of the median, so 70 or less is like bottom 2%.

But ya know, IQ is a dumb measurement, and people with 70 IQ still got valid opinions and feelings. Except for that dude who's like "open minded" about Nazis.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

They periodically have to increase the difficulty of the test to keep the average at 100, so if any old people brag about their score, depending on when they took it, they're actually borderline retarded.

I like to bring this up around any olds who poo poo-talk kids these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

Also that all the lead in the gasoline before 1978 hosed them up in the heads.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow, the gang got pretty steamed up about Ready Player One of all things. loving talking stick and everything, you can tell they were fighting beforehand.

I saw a show at the Alamo Drafthouse that called "100 Best Kills" and it was just the best movie deaths and it ruled.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TVsVeryOwn posted:

How many Wilhelms in the 100?

I don't remember. The ones that I remember were a zombie movie where the guy takes the business end of a running lawnmower to a bunch of zombies and it lasts like 5 minutes. And one where this chick's banging a guy and she cuts off his head with a cleaver and then where his head was she puts and shrunken head and continues to bang the corpse.

If anyone can find me video of the zombie one, I would like to watch it again.

Edit: Duh, google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEuT9sePcI4

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 8, 2018

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Muppets On PCP posted:

did it have the super crack scene from frankenhooker where the ladies of the night start exploding

Nah this was in like 2005

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Muppets On PCP posted:

frankenhooker came out in 1990

Oh

I looked it up and this scene actually did ring a bell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEnOR0j_cUw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Was the toxic waste dude getting splatted in Robocop on the list?

prefect posted:

Did it include the guy falling into the helicopter blades in the Last Boy Scout?

I don't remember but those are dope ones

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

uber_stoat posted:

yet another dumbass who has lots of big opinions and who has obviously never listened to the show.

But what about all the times where the Chapo team has pretended to have blue-collar authenticity? Like that time ... uhhhhhhhh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bernie, duh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Head Bee Guy posted:

The other day, I was thinking about how retarded whovians or other kinds of stupid-rear end fandoms are, then I realized that I literally identified which members of Chapo members of my friend group are. I'm Will.

I ship Virgil and Matt and cosplay as Felix at the conventions

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Weird Al for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Weird Al seems like one of the nicest human beings to ever live.

It's gonna be devastating when it turns out he's a sex predator.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I very much doubt her ideas about what kinds of health care works.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

I haven't heard this yet. is it Brandon Wardell levels of bad?!

Nah, just kinda boring.

Hey, did you know you're going to die and nothing you do can stop that? This is a big revelation worth writing a book about. I toured the country telling people this, and you'd be surprised how many people don't know it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gynocentric Regime posted:

a listener of The Dig.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I forgot what having a rose in your twitter name was supposed to signify.

I dunno if Twitter has warped the meaning, but it's a DSA symbol.