Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
as someone who has spent a lot of time imagining what it must be like to be a successful comedy writer, those chapo boys wouldn't last a day in the industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ha yes, I remember this one, it was a fantastic segment. loving cold pockets. Good harmless family fun, that is.

Christ.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

good lord that's part 1/20 of her rant

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean, she's not wrong, chapos are priveleged failsons and not really funny. But watching worthless woke losers frothing at the mouth , envious of their random success and thinking "it is ME who deserves that!", is funny af.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

matt's rnc gathering of the juggalos cold open is one of the funniest things ever so uhhh lol.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

They are so mad and jealous they aren't making chapo money and it's really loving obvious. Their stupid thread basically is showing how the chapo guys didn't "earn" it and aren't giving back enough in the specific ways she wants them to.

Literally in the middle of the chapo rant

https://twitter.com/Amanda_Kerri/status/987216515220037632

sorry that people who haven't suffered under the system the same way you have agree with you that the system is bad...??

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stickfigure posted:

I mean, she's not wrong, chapos are priveleged failsons and not really funny. But watching worthless woke losers frothing at the mouth , envious of their random success and thinking "it is ME who deserves that!", is funny af.

Plus they have literally never claimed to be anything but that except for Felix and Amber who, ya know, actually have backgrounds where issues like poverty and discrimination probably came up.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

what's annoying about that thread is that it presents all this biographical info as if it's a huge revelation, when the chapo people have been completely open about their backgrounds from the beginning

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Breadallelogram posted:

what's annoying about that thread is that it presents all this biographical info as if it's a huge revelation, when the chapo people have been completely open about their backgrounds from the beginning

We even got True Menaker Facts Stated, one of the best episodes, all about Will's family history.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, but Felix grew up upper-middle-class!

A weird aspect of this oppression Olympics stuff is that to qualify as poor, you have to have spent your entire life in crushing poverty. Oh, your parents could afford to lend you money to turn your heat back on? loving trustafarian. It's kinda out of touch with, y'know, millions of people who graduated into a depression economy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my fave chapo bit.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Halloween Jack posted:

A weird aspect of this oppression Olympics stuff is that to qualify as poor, you have to have spent your entire life in crushing poverty. Oh, your parents could afford to lend you money to turn your heat back on? loving trustafarian. It's kinda out of touch with, y'know, millions of people who graduated into a depression economy.

It doesn't matter. If there's one thing about you that's worse than the other person, you score a point. Possibly multiple points. Whoever gets the most points wins.

94. Medicare for all.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'm mad at this lady for using ain't. that's our word, and you can't say it unless you've eaten chitlins and mended a fence :colbert:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I forgot to post that Cold Pockets tweeter's bio:

"A very funny person. Contributor to @pastemagazine and @voxdotcom"

Perfection :discourse:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

sleeptalker posted:

Activism is like a job, where oppressions are your resume. And if you can prove that someone doesn't have enough oppressions, you can get them fired.

“a cyberpunk goose” posted:

it’s kind of like...

it’s kind of like being on twitter

I am there

and the other activist is there

and it’s just the two of us

and I write a breathless twitter screed about things that don’t actually matter about people who actually share my overall politics and societal views

and I am the winner

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Felix is by far the worst host.

"This is like if Bobby Hoffstetter started a political career, but it was like Aesop Rock's second album, but it's in the context of Solid Snake's daddy issues, and I don't even know what I'm saying anymore, but I interrupted at least two other people with something funny to say, and I'm just gonna run this joke into the ground."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Doppelganger posted:

"This is like if Bobby Hoffstetter started a political career, but it was like Aesop Rock's second album, but it's in the context of Solid Snake's daddy issues, and I don't even know what I'm saying anymore, but I interrupted at least two other people with something funny to say, and I'm just gonna run this joke into the ground."

Actually that's good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Doppelganger posted:

This post is violence, much like mma, which reminds me about this time...

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
he has like an 80% success rate with tangents like that and that's good enough for me

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Doppelganger posted:

Like Felix would reference Aesop Rock instead of Young Thug.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Probably be logic or hopsin for any joke where Aesop rock would apply

Felix’s riff style is not for everyone but hey. Shooters shoot

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

emdash posted:

Probably be logic or hopsin for any joke where Aesop rock would apply

Felix’s riff style is not for everyone but hey. Shooters shoot

Honestly the real mistake in that style parody is not bringing up some sort of weird youtube personality, probably Dan Quinn or Rich Piana.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm now thinking that Will may be the best Chapo.

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/987552802049351680

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

prefect posted:

No matter who you may consider your favorite at any given time, Will’s right behind ‘em.

Nothing wrong with a solid #2.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Doppelganger posted:

Of course anyone so lame the first rapper they think of is loving Aesop Rock isn't going to like a Felix ramble

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Felix's tangents are good but you can tell when he's ripping off his friends' in-jokes.

Speaking of which, I started listening to E1 last week and it's loving fantastic. Felix is on an episode about streamers and it's really his wheelhouse

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i've been radicalized into matt's antigamer mentality thanks to felix being a console fortnite guy

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
The other day, I was thinking about how retarded whovians or other kinds of stupid-rear end fandoms are, then I realized that I literally identified which members of Chapo members of my friend group are. I'm Will.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Head Bee Guy posted:

The other day, I was thinking about how retarded whovians or other kinds of stupid-rear end fandoms are, then I realized that I literally identified which members of Chapo members of my friend group are. I'm Will.

I ship Virgil and Matt and cosplay as Felix at the conventions

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

<< to a koopa at a convention >>

Whoa nice Amber

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
also it sucks that the last podcast on the left guys suck/are annoying bc the subject matter owns.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
i guess this is what chapo sounds like to people who hate it initially

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
doctor doctor, suck me the dick, i got a - bad caaase of beeeing gay

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Head Bee Guy posted:

also it sucks that the last podcast on the left guys suck/are annoying bc the subject matter owns.

this is howi feel about the dollop. i don't find it funny and sometimes i wish it was the one guy just talking about the subject.

Head Bee Guy posted:

i've always found it stupid they call themselves whovians and not wholigans.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

prefect posted:

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/987552802049351680

Weird Al has recently been covering songs at his shows and he and his band are good as hell.

https://youtu.be/TZnsMj3Tei0

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Weird Al has recently been covering songs at his shows and he and his band are good as hell.

He's been a professional musician for 3 decades

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
And now I'm just down a youtube rabbit hole of Weird Al doing normal cover songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8pKkpxD7ws

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

He did Smash Mouth’s All-Star the first night in Minneapolis.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

much much better than I thought it would be (never enjoyed weird al's voice)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Weird Al for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame