Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Alright gently caress it I'll pay five bucks to listen to them poo poo on a libertarian live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hey boy they weren't kidding about the Reason dude interview being pro as hell. I already got my money worth hearing a dude mockingly compare his crazy mad max "TEACHERS ARE BEING BEATEN BY STUDENTS" hyperbole to Rock n Roll High School

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dolash posted:

They're pretty funny and definitely well-read on the entire political/intellectual/media class circlejerk, although at times the railing against American centrist libs is a bit less fun. I mean don't get me wrong, there's plenty there to go after about the Democrats and many prominent American liberals being ineffective pro-business shills, but it does sound a little "People's Front of Judea" to listen to. Worth it to hear them go deep on racial phrenology and incel interpretations of Lex Luthor.

Seriously though, the stuff they dig up in their reading sections is stunning. I don't know how some of these guys they profile have jobs with some of the things they've willingly admitted to in print. Jesus, that Charles Murray bit where he vehemently defends visiting prostitutes in south-east asia as seducing "ladies of the evening" while working for a think-tank dreaming up ways to terrorize villages into submission.

Pretty much this, they're really good about balancing out their 'yes, we get it you're the most progressive boys in the country and everyone else is a shill' stuff with waaaay more 'but no for real what is WRONG with this person'. Like, they fully understand that part of being 'radical' left means you're in the vast minority even for your audience, so they keep things actually entertaining and focused on things pretty much every left winger can agree on for the vast majority.

Plus they tend to at least be funny when they go all 'further left than thou' so it's hard to get too annoyed.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Episode 24 dropped, and I think this is their best opening yet. I can't stop laughing at "family-folk group Zyklon Bae."

"Gallagher smashing a watermelon with 'Black Lives Matter' written on it" made me crack up the most but those were pretty much all gold.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ron Jeremy posted:

I grew up with a single mom and food stamps. Yeah he's repeating a line, but gently caress that line needs to be repeated. When "food stamp president" is used a slur, we need celebrities and anybody else with a mic in front of them to normalize their experience and validate that loving struggle. I sure as hell needed to be told as a kid that it was going to be alright, that you can climb out of this.

yea considering his actual douche moments include harassing other actors under the guise of 'being in character' and maybe being sexually abusive to young fans I'm not gonna pretend 'famous man reminds major media outlets that he comes from a background that would be mocked and sneered at if he wasn't famous' is on the list. Leto sucks but if he wants to go all dollar store Mark Twain about his actual background whatever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I am not the ancient aliens dude, I apologize if I've misled anyone here

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think Chu is my favorite of this crop of...I guess useful idiots? He's not in any way aware enough to be bringing anything new to the table, he just occasionally is on the right side of things and makes you go 'yea, fair' and then he ruins it by being just the dumbest motherfucker.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Homework Explainer posted:

there are many adjectives to describe arthur chu and "useful" is the opposite of most of them

I didn't know a nice way to say 'this idiot Dudly Do Right's himself into so many conversations about social issues that he manages to gently caress up the right side by just being on it'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Deray has done a ton of work documenting protests that were under media blackout and police brutality and all, but yea its his charter school stance that really matters

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cornflakes posted:

I'm not sure I would call Matt my *favorite* of the hosts because they all complement one another and that's what makes the show good, but I enjoy the episodes where Matt gets on a loving roll way more than the ones where he's kinda quiet, like yesterday's.

yea I don't know if there's a 'best' but Matt is for sure the most entertaining when he really goes on a tear, so any episode where he holds back is less fun

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

Will's reading voice is amazing and my favorite part of the show. He strikes a really difficult balance of mimicry and detached mockery.

it's basically the verbal version of that slow jerk motion people do sarcastically

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bryter posted:

The destruction of the libertarian's arguments were mostly an inside job tbf. He preemptively crumpled like a paper bag any time he knew he'd be be challenged, and basically started off by saying "I don't actually have an ideology like those mad von mises folks!".

He didn't even have a "you support men with guns taking my money!!" meltdown. A shameful libertarian.

yea it was fun but it wasn't really the total destruction you'd hope for. He instantly went for the wimp rear end 'hahaha well ya I guess I don't actually believe in anything, lol I'm made of jelly' kinda 'defense' so it was just them reminding him how stupid libertarian poo poo is and him awkwardly laughing and saying 'yea, maybe'.

It did lead to him talking about how the fact that he can have a rainbow of iphone cases was REAL freedom, and that is basically purestrain libertarian stupidity, so that was fun.

But the premium episodes will always get my love just for 'Adam Sandler: 9/11 retard'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it would have been a fun idea any other time but this was a rare debate that actually lived up to the insane pro-wrestling hype it got and we just kinda got to see Trump near instantly start to melt down when Clinton said 'and he got a big loan from his dad' and poo poo like that. It's hard to make good jokes when there's actual comedy happening on screen already.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The Chu clip is great, but there's also this for the perfect encapsulation of Cum Town in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6WaPSj5XjM

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Man that guy had a hell of a trajectory from 'harassing women online sucks' to 'Thatcher was bad but she was a pioneering woman' to 'leftists are literally worse than anime Nazis'

yea his narrative arc as a human being is a hell of a ride

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

get that OUT of my face posted:

I think the Chapo gang are in the "we're not going to vote" camp because voting is overrated. I either won't vote because I did the heavy lifting during the primaries (federal and state primaries are two separate days in NY because ??????) and everyone on the ballot now is a foregone conclusion, or I'll vote and write in Ken Bone.

Is he a Holocaust denier, or did he just go on a radio show hosted by one? Regardless, I'm not voting for the Green Party ticket. Michael Savage is a piece of poo poo, but he was right when he said that they only come out every four years and do nothing else politically.

no he was published multiple times by a holocaust denier, you're thinking of when he went on a radio show where the host kept talking about how the jews did 9/11 and are totally gonna nuke america to start another war and his response was just 'well propaganda is a powerful tool yes' instead of 'are you retarded or something, bye' like a normal person.

He just weirdly keeps happening to surround himself by people who have some opinions to share about Jews, like anyone does really!

Also vote, it's probably a good thing to do.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CortezFantastic posted:

Not voting is dumb but that's just my dumb opinion. Vote Ed Balls if you are honestly disgusted by real choices.

I wish the American Sniper ep was a bit longer and went more into Chris Kyle. Also if it had Jesse Ventura impressions.

you can do an entire podcast series on what a crazy shitbag Kyle was. It's so bonkers that he got the right wing hero treatment when he was such an open and prod bigo-ooooooh right.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Kurds

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Atrocious Joe posted:

More evidence that Podesta is too smart and must be a mole

Explaining global warming to the rest of the campaign
https://twitter.com/bradplumer/status/788417544667459584

Correctly calling Larry Lessig an average pompous law professor while Neera Tanden fantasizes about fighting him over tweets
https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/788416767718674433

Lessing is the guy who ran for office with the promise that he would literally do nothing but 'get money out of politics' and then instantly resign to let his VP take over, right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/793881463984906241

I don't think he gets the point of the 'economic anxiety' jokes.

Like, no, I don't think the guy shouting "JEW-S-A" at the media or the other one shouting about how they 'sell out for a few shekels' actually give too much of a poo poo about the real unemployment numbers or worker rights.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JohnnyC posted:

Maybe not but there are a bunch of other Trump voters who do, and there's a bunch for whom there's a real blurring of racist/sexist/PC/whatever scapegoating and their actual economic concerns. Zaitchik talked about this in his appearance, and that + the excerpt from his book here http://www.alternet.org/books/gilded-rage-conversation-trump-supporter-will-surprise-you has convinced me that i'm gonna have to read it

People's economic anxieties and growing class inequality in America (hell, in most of the developed world) aren't myths, irrespective of whether you've decided for some reason that a Trump guy screaming about the Jew media makes them so. Either get used to that or be prepared for 2020 to be a real eye-opener.

except hardly anyone is applying it to every trump voter? People use that joke because a ton of his support DOES come from people who proudly will tell you his main positive is he's 'not-pc' and all those other ways to say 'we hate the same people'. Trying to somehow shame people who think it's a hosed up thing that we're supposed to pretend Jew-S-A guy probably has very real concerns we should listen to by implying somehow that means people don't actually care about the poor is a pretty stupid stance.

Also the stupid rear end articles about how the poor misguided rurals and all can't help but support the guy shouting that Mexicans and Muslims are evil because they're worried about their jobs almost always takes this weird infantilizing tone that should be way more troubling than people saying 'yea I'm sure the guy shouting 'trump that bitch' really is worried about the job market'.

The idea that Trump's supporters are just Misguided Populists is ignoring actual reality and if we pretend that his rise in his party wasn't on the backs of white nationalists that had been festering in the right wing camp for generations is really foolish. Trump isn't some unique thing, he's David Duke and Goldwater wrapped up in a lovely gold wrapper, and pretending that the root cause is just that most of their support came from people very worried about factory jobs is just ignoring history.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
again who's actually denying that economic inequality is an issue that drives some people to vote for the guy shouting 'JOBS' over and over? The issue is applying it to everyone and acting like this is some new thing the foolish liberals are ignoring that will surely kill us all next election when the republicans figure it out finally. This isn't new, white nationalism has been popular in America forever, and ever since Reagan the Republican party has been gleefully courting them instead of just subtly courting them and that's been allowing them to fester and take over more and more ever since.

If there were so many people eager for a less racist populist right wing message why haven't they gone to guys like the Pauls who at least keep their racism coded and the overt stuff regulated to their creepy newsletters and poo poo? Trump very much taps into the social side of this stuff more than the economic. He spends, what, five minutes saying 'jobs are bad, trade deals are making them bad, I'll tear em all up' before going to "THE GODDAMN MEXICANS AND CHINESE ARE BEATING US, LIKE THEY THINK THEY'RE BETTER OR SOMETHING". That's not real economic populism, that's nationalism wrapped in a thin wrapper of economic issues.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
are there many people afraid of actual coup attempts, or are people just maybe worried that the white nationalist who spent his entire campaign shouting 'YOU ARE HEROES FOR HATING THE MUSLIMS AND MEXICANS LIKE ME, IF ANYTHING EVER DOESN'T GO YOUR WAY IT'S BECAUSE 'THOSE PEOPLE' RIGGED IT, ALSO JEWS BUT I GOTTA BE MORE SUBTLE ABOUT THAT' probably just emboldened the types of people who, say, burn a church or mosque down.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Civilized Fishbot posted:

There are people who are actually worried that donald trump's refusal to accept the results of the election wold represent a grave danger to American democracy itself (as well as people who more sensibly understand that racist rhetoric encourages racist violence)

I think that's my favorite stupid panic thing because yea it would be pretty loving gross and all but yea if we're worried about the life of democracy maybe we should focus on poo poo like NC proudly just saying 'yea we totally neutered early voting in black areas (thanks for the money beeteedubs white liberals)' and facing no repercussions at all other than a few frowny faces.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

emdash posted:

full crazy catholic man interview is here:

http://youtu.be/jvN464imtMQ

I love how it starts off slow and kinda awkward but it still feels like maybe he's trying to joke around with poo poo like 'we should find common ground, I think we can all agree The Predator was Ice Cube's best album' and then it just dives off the cliff into madness.

"Didn't the Maccabees gently caress?"

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 7, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Can we change the title to "That's satanic and not funny"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Famethrowa posted:

I'm actually really impressed with how respectful the Chapo dudes can be in the face of absolute insanity. They lasted longer then I could have.

yea the real only low point was when...I forgot who...just kinda shouted some weird 'the bible says gay sex is bad because it makes men down on mens' level' 'answer' for him but by then he was neck deep in ':smug: heh I believe you'll find gayness doesn't exist and you asked me about GAY people soooo' weeds and clearly had no desire to actually answer anything so it's hard to blame him. I'm impressed Amber was able to just laugh off being called 'stupid' and 'hysterical' for...being present on a podcast I guess?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thom and the Heads posted:

A guy audibly sparking a cigarette then going on to complain about low t voices is extremely my poo poo. Interview was gold

'excuse me I was just...lighting a smoke', the extremely cool man said before fumbling for his rosary after calling a woman stupid and hysterical for not agreeing with his 'jail women for getting abortions and murder the doctors who do it' idea.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GNU Order posted:

I want that dude back every week my favorite part was when he didn't answer any of the actual questions and chose to frame the argument in such a skewed way that it no longer made any sense, then defeated the boys by their own logic

Btw are these crush videos on Netflix? PM me links please

The realization that that was happening was great.

"Wait poo poo he's doing what all these guys do and we're focusing on just one thing!"

It was like some Scooby Doo poo poo. You pull the rubber mask of 'look I personally think it's hosed up to step on a puppy's head, I may get some heat for that but it's my view' and it's old man flanders who wants to destroy netflix for having naughty words and murder abortionists after all!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The fisting thing was one of the best Chapo moments, they were so sure it was fisting and then somehow it went even crazier with 'you wouldn't punch a baby's face so why gently caress a butt????'

He sounded so smug about it too. Like, 'yea and my fist can punch a baby ergo gays are stupid' is one of his big trump cards or something? Is that his finishing move, when he says that with his other culty friends is there a roar of applause at his brilliance? Of course no one would punch a baby, and that means gays aren't real! You've done it again Creepy Preacher Villain In Every Horror Movie!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hulk Krogan posted:

"They'll be denied absolution by their confessor." :stare:

it really is a weird thing. I consider myself a pretty spiritual guy, but maybe it's a culture clash thing because I can't imagine ever using 'yes but this religious authority you probably don't give power to won't forgive you' as a threat. Like, even my real orthodox friends and family would never tell me 'hey Tatum Girlparts, if you eat that bacon cheeseburger my rabbi won't forgive you'.

Like, I get the gap is in catholic poo poo the priests and all are literal speakers for God so having one deny you forgiveness means more but...that whole relationship requires everyone to agree that the priests have that power, doesn't it? If I'm there Jewing it up do I just get a perma get out of jail free card? That was something I kinda wished they'd push him more on if only because I love it when these guys just admit they're full on 'well no obviously as a Jew you wouldn't be allowed to live in America under this, duh.'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea to his 'credit' he almost certainly meant that as in 'the priest you confess to'.

But, yea, he almost certainly also is for some kinda God Squad of priests rolling around rooting out heresy and sin and all, so you're not 100% wrong.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SoupyTwist posted:

That's the lovely thing though, when you push them on it (like abortion) you get the interview where they try and come up with mealy-mouthed excuses like "well the mother wouldn't get punished i guess" because the whole idea is just some theoretical bullshit that will never happen so they never think about the consequences.

They should have pushed him on stuff like Falangism or how places that implemented stuff like this were shitholes.

yea which is why I agree it was good they switched to just laughing in his face and doing poo poo like getting Amber on to make him audibly uncomfortable and all. There's never gonna be a moment when these guys go 'oh, poo poo, yea you're right' and odds are good unless they're just totally dangerously unhinged they won't shout 'YES PUNISH THE WHORES FOR THEIR SEX, LOCK THEM AWAY AND THROW AWAY THE KEY' (though again him straight up saying despite being against prisons as a concept and all abortionists would be straight up executed owned). Might as well just laugh at them until they, say, do a literal Hail Mary on skype and try to save their appearance by doing some lame 'sorry I couldn't answer you I was LIGHTING A CIGARETTE like a real bad boy' move.

Or try to trick you into saying because punching babies is wrong buttsex is too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hulk Krogan posted:

I cracked up at that bit because it was such an obvious dodge.

So then do you think gay people should be put in prison?
*looooong pause* Wellllll I think our prison system is problematic....

hey, hey, hey, you know who liked prisons? Good Ol Uncle Joe. yea, check mate leftist, I guess you now love the prison industrial system because a communist did too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I probably could have figured this out years ago, but what's the beef between Chu and Weird Twitter? He's got me auto-blocked, so I don't get to see whatever he's doing that irks people.

Chu has incredibly thin skin and in his quest for ultimate wokeness tends to say a lot of dumb poo poo that make people of all sides of the political divide go 'wait what did you say'. Weird Twitter finds both of those things hilarious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Left twitter made fun of him for saying “I think Thatcher’s government was horrible and evil and ALSO that her being a woman PM was awesome & historic. Both can be true.”

he eventually went to "I like Bernie Sander's policies but I HATE his fans"

then he eventually got to

"Leftists are pretty much worse than Nazis"

Also JESUS CHRIST:

https://twitter.com/CheerTheAnthem/status/798544474834161664

I really hope that last tweet was in the context of 'to see how loving stupid we looked and how all our attempts at outreach this election were taken as bad jokes by most of America' at least?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
he, like any good father, just thinks the fact that he and his very progressive wife are basically leading the charge against keeping ~those people~ away from their precious children is a private matter that no one really should talk about. It's a privacy matter and really isn't that the most important thing?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
we'll have a lottery ok? If one of their children is pure of heart fate will shine upon them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cat doter posted:

what the gently caress is the deal with this dude, this is the second video I've seen of him backing away from someone terrified while holding his phone out

he, like a few other very powerful alpha males, responds to any confrontation by whipping his phone out and acting like he's about to be brutally beaten so he can try to gain sympathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

John Lovitz thrilled to get work in 2016