Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Am I crazy or is every odd episode on soundcloud just a clip? Am I missing something?

Ah it's patreon episodes. Okay time to make a patreon account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

uh no its a big majority.

Yeahs it's kind of why any time any video game has a hint of a gay or lady protagonist the majority of gamers freak the gently caress out and act like the biggest reactionary babies.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Cum Town is extremely political, but only because every time I see a confed/nazi get owned my brain instinctively channels Stav's laugh and enthusiastic WOOOOO

Is he the one that laughs like a loving Gremlin?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I literally cannot listen to Cum Town because of Stav's laugh

Same but the opposite. His laugh gives me power.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I was fine with Will pronouncing everything wrong but on today's show he said Toadstool when he meant Toad from the Mario series. This is not normal.

Toadstool is the name of that one specific one. Toad is what their species is called.

The slave races of the Mario universe are very particular about names.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Amber's sister's stripper name proves her to be the coldest bitch in the world.

A true inspiration.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

draftin my proposal to run their podcast network and also host a show about how actually kamen rider is a metaphor for a glorious leftist revolution and shocker is actually stalin

Same but Gaim and how its message is "THe only way to defeat libertarians is to murder them all and move their capitalist systems away from humanity where it can harm no one."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

The man immediately pumps the brakes any time something funny might happen. I swear the only words out of his mouth are things like "Lets not do this!" "Lets not go there!" "Im not having this discussion" and so on.

And then he goes on with the conversation anyway. It's almost like it's a bit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Here's my struggle session: I have a fetish for TERF bangs.

Bangs can be such a strong look and it's one of the hairstyles I can confidently pull off. Reclaiming cute hair from TERF scum!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

This is what I mean by his wierdo creep posting all the time

I really like that this kind of laughing at women's trauma is something even Felix realized wasn't funny and apologized for but the idea that maximum irony is the true way has been burnt into enough sad brains that idiots are gonna keep it up even after their spiritual kings have disavowed it.

Fans of anything are super dumb of course, but that doesn't mean people criticizing the culture around Chapo aren't kind of right in spots.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

"nobel prize winning holocaust survivor groped me" is the most insanely bizarre/disturbing article ive read in weeks

Probably would have stuck with that over 'lol'.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

I don't think Felix was right to say mean poo poo about sexual assault to a victim, but whats the issue with irony though?

Irony can be fine, you just have to have something more under it otherwise it's almost indistinguishable from prototypical dudebro edgy comedy. It's the same poo poo that started 4chan before they just became admitted racists/neo-nazis/etc. It's a type of humor that at its extremes feels reactionary to the performative caring you saw starting in more liberal social media 4-5 years ago and both just feel hollow as all hell. And most of the time it isn't even transgressive in a way that's funny or interesting it's just so loving boring.

Chapo's usually pretty okay at finding that balance but a lot of the fanbase, including posters in this thread like Al-saqr, don't get that nuance or understand it at all.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 24, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

The first I heard about Patreon, the number one most supported thing by a big margin was a text-based fantasy furry sex RPG

And lewd cosplayers.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Oh my God he's a white sox fan

Felix no

It's okay, Virgil is a Jets fan. Felix is still the Better Chapo :tm:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I dislike Jets fans but the white Sox are like rooting for the empire

I mean it would be if anyone gave a poo poo about baseball.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Baseball is great and good you fuckin heretic

Hey I like baseball but c'mon, it's not like we're talking about football when it comes to popularity.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

He is a gay guy who dresses how homophobes thing gay guys dress, pretty much.

It's really hosed up because he's a conservative gay man that heard every lovely awful stereotype conservatives use to attack gay men and said "Oh yes, I guess that's what I have to be." It'd be sad if he wasn't you know, a fascist monster propagandist.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So are we getting another episode this week about the election or will that have to wait for next week's chapo? Because I'm really ready for Matt to eat poo poo about his pessimism except he won't because clearly this means things are actually worse than we thought.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Gorn Myson posted:

Matt's movie opinions are worthless, but even just looking over the first few pages of that site, he has to be a real loving idiot to put Guardians of the Galaxy 2 over Alien: Covenant and Shin Godzilla.

90% of Shin Godzilla is very heavy handed, lazy "Japanese Government Bureaucracy is bad!" written by Anno.

It's not great

Alien: Covenant is "Oh no how do I course correct the lovely last movie for fans but also still try and expand on this really boring lore that no one asked for or liked???" the movie and is a slog.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

Aren't Godzilla's always heavy handed with the messaging?

yeah but Anno's directing and writing really drives it over the edge from kind of bad but at least campy fun into a director who's Got A Message And The People Need To Know even though it's the most banal take in the world.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

except this time it is written by max landis so it's going to be a tug of war between fuckin good movie and stupid bullshit

Wow never thought I'd meet a real Max Landis fan.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

prefect posted:

Matt on Aquaman:
  • "like an Andrew WK song"
  • "a living Share Zone meme"

I kinda want to see this movie now.

It's an okay movie. It's not god, and every action sequence lasts about 3 minutes too long but it has a moment or two and is at least somewhat follow able and fun in places as opposed to the depressing trash fires that were the man of Steel movies.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

emdash posted:

i just finally watched BvS and like MoS, the only nice thing i have to say is that they seem to grasp how destructive a fight involving Superman and someone/thing similarly powerful would be. Given that, it's hilarious how they have to shoehorn in "it's unpopulated/it's abandoned" twice in like twenty minutes toward the end

And it's very clearly some higher up trying to soften up Snyder's 9/11 Machine Superman image because it turns out basically no one in the world really likes the idea of the ultimate escapist fantasy savior being turned into a casual murder machine. Because while everyone that like shim likes him as this ideal hero that always saves the day with a smile on his face because life is hard and the world sucks Snyder only really cares about dude bro masculinity and power and just doesn't get the appeal behind Clark Kent, Perfect boy scout who is your dad and will always save everyone and won't miss your piano recitals.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

emdash posted:

i read the Death of Superman (original Doomsday story) trade a bunch like 18 years ago and it's an interesting contrast. As I recall they don't really shy away from "a lot of people are gonna die as a result of this" in the comics, or even taking the violence quite a bit further (what the authors see fit to do to Supergirl because she's an alien taking human form is particularly notable), but the overall tone is *still* more sunny and less brooding than either Snyder Superman movie. So yeah, dude does not "get" Superman by any means, I think

The best bit is Booster Gold getting punted into the sky.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

D. Va is the best trans character in video games.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I too, have seen that meme

What meme?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

D. Va being trans is canon, the meme is just a nice joke. Sorry haters, D. Va best girl. Mei second best.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Does Overwatch let you fanfic ship your characters for a synergy bonus? I refuse to believe that the answer is no.

Do....do people play video games for other reasons to draw cute fanart of the characters? Like people come to because they enjoy the idea of shooting hundreds of people over and over? That's hosed up. Nah I'll just be over here, enjoying my bespoke fanart of D. Va and Mei enjoying a nice picnic.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

love to freeze my enemies, shove an icicle into their face, and shout my battlecry of, "sorry, sorry, sorry!" upon their icy demise.

love to put walls in front of ulting teammates to ensure a fair skill based game.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It should be McCree. Trans men are underrepresented.

Transmen need good representation and not Jessie "Unironically worshipping cowboys and cosplaying as one 24/7 in the year 2077" "king of Incels" McCree,

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

rumble in the bunghole posted:

It’s not canon, they’re just goofing. If dva was revealed to be trans you’d know because half the internet would be celebrating and the other half would have murdered the devs.

D. va is trans and that's canon.

I'm sorry if you don't understand.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

There aren't any Overwatch characters who are not massive dorkwads.

Mei is fine. Gabriel Reyes was 100% correct and the only competent member of OW's leadership and was passed over for promotion for the idiot that didn't understand what black ops were because of racism.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Skyscraper posted:

(I didn't know of a Matt-only podcast)

I dunno if I'd like a pdcast with one person shouting about how dumb everyone is to enjoy anything but by golly I'll give it a shot.

Glagha posted:

Maybe games are cool and good?

Video games are getting slightly more Gay and therefore better on average. Soon we'll hit the point where no hets are allowed and art will flourish.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

I'm pretty sure if you're in a youth facing branch of Nintendos localization team with active social media presence for NoA you shouldnt be posting pics of a Nintendo 3DS blocking your nipples on backpage. The backpage part isn't an issue, it's the using Nintendo products to sell a third party service that's an issue.

Is there any evidence Nintendo even found out about it through the gamergate people?

Who's this locker stuffer?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Episode 139

https://twitter.com/JonWhiteBriefly/status/906695910150758400

I am very very proud of my whiskey globe.

:clap: Where's :clap: The :clap: sybian :clap:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Imagine being such a CHUD you think the word retard has some magical special power that makes it funny.

It's not even as funny sounding as poo poo like smoothbrain or chud.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

prefect posted:

I love Matt, but he's so good at depressing me with a relentless description of why everything is hosed and doomed. :smith:

Which is hilarious because he really really hates all the inhuman joyless weirdos they tend to profile on the show, but he's also kind of dingus about...basically anything anyone has ever done for fun.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Which episode had felix's break down about elon musk?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

believe it or not, that lovely movie was quite a bit better than its source material

I'm assuming the movie leaves out all the casual transphobia.

And probably how they solved racism by letting black people just pretend to be white.

And all the talk about masturbation as what we evolved hands for and that Marie Curie cranked one out before finally discovering radium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Doppelganger posted:

Felix is by far the worst host.

"This is like if Bobby Hoffstetter started a political career, but it was like Aesop Rock's second album, but it's in the context of Solid Snake's daddy issues, and I don't even know what I'm saying anymore, but I interrupted at least two other people with something funny to say, and I'm just gonna run this joke into the ground."

Actually that's good.