Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Nothus posted:

Making a comedy politics podcast isn't a vow of poverty. Get a grip, people.

Instead hate on them for shamelessly trying to cash in with a lame book.

Buy the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
They also paint houses during the summer so they must be billionaires.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

Private high schools have scholarships too.

Also, gently caress you.

Grats on your dad being in a position to cover up some crime.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Still puzzling over the idea of making your comedy writing staff wear suits.

Decorum. It’s like a cargo cult. Adopt the outward signifiers without understanding how anything works.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

i called him "doctor who". clearly i do not watch the show.

True fans and grammar aficionados know his proper name is Doctor Whom.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yea his stats stuff is actually kinda legit, so it sucks that he went insane but welp that's life in this bitch of a world

There’s no money in sanity.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

super fart shooter posted:

I got 16/20. "Only one thing matters: the purity of your mission" is the only one that really surprised me

Her successor will be given the title Big Orb.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
https://youtu.be/qNLgmdMto1A

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Virgil is building a new identity with an even more farcical name.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

THS posted:

if virgil had to totally Log Off for his mental health, especially considering how invested he was in the primaries - it’s pretty lovely to hold that against him at this point. yeah he should have responded to people or w/e but it’s just cruel to keep harping on it after he’s been back for months

lovely country full of lovely people who believe every problem is your fault and any response just proves you deserved it. Every new piece of information is just a tool to win a lovely argument.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's a form of triangulation - the military is generally Republican so if you run a troop you can win over Republicans.

Republicans want a strong man to lick the boots of and Democratic veteran candidates just babble on about duty, service, and honor.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Marie Antoinette posting pictures of cake.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

SNL had to go hard on the fly because all the epic girlboss moments that they convinced themselves Kamala would will into being never came.

Kamala is such a vacuum that she was overshadowed by a fly. She’s like an audience place holder character in fiction which kind of explains her appeal to her rabid fans.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

THS posted:

this is just so strikingly lazy

Being a liberal means showing up to collect a check.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

It's the episode 1 gimmick, but it's babbys first week on twitter - one astonishingly terrible character after another.

You can’t know a type of guy until you walk a mile in their type of shoes.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Hold up. What’s a cellphone?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
In the new dark age, economists will be renamed excusesmiths.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Matt is a dead man. Miss him. Miss him.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The dog thing is an example of liberal cognitive restructuring. They aren’t even willing to feel shame or regret. Instead bad thing becomes good thing by sliding around their perfectly frictionless thoughts.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
What is the point of the constant drumbeat in both fiction and nonfiction of trauma, acceptance, trauma, acceptance. Learn the stock excuses: it made me stronger, it taught me what was really important, etc. Don’t actually try to stop bad things from happening. Learn to feel happy about them. Crowd out stories where trauma ruins people so everyone else can believe everything will always turn out okay.

Now it’s about accepting the trauma you’ve caused. Become a happy killer.

Bar Crow fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 16, 2021

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
It kind of puts the conservative fixation on “owning the libs” in perspective. Trying to fight through this incomprehensible learned sociopathy to make them feel bad.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

net work error posted:

Kamala with Havana Syndrome lmao. Stop trying to make it a thing it's not a thing!

People noticed there was a problem when Kamala stopped nervously laughing.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Doubling down on the theory that the Virgil accusations were a bit by Virgil to escape Briahna.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
It vertically took off. Probably should have specified the direction.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Branson Missouri should use “Let’s go to Branson!” as their tourism slogan. The ads could feature old Yakov Smirnoff with a joke that writes itself.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Speaking of Du Troit, the focus group reminded me of him, and how he's walking proof that these conservatives are all enormous crybabies. They think any situation they're not being catered to is persecution. Oh wow, you have to hold your tongue because you know your opinion is in the minority and you don't want to catch hell for it? Welcome to real life.

They’re like children whose entire world is defined by praise and scolding. The mere absence of praise is enough to make them feel like their world is falling apart. Scolding just makes them resentful because, unlike actual children, they are incapable of learning. It is only a weapon to show others the limits of their worlds.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Obama was 100% CIA.

Literally bred for the role like they’re the Bene Gesserit.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Secret service theory doesn't line up with the wounds only Oswald from the depository does (and the difficulty of the shots is vastly overstated by a lot of pro-conspiracy sources). The conspiracy has to revolve around getting Oswald up there.

Every conspiracy theory that adds extra shooters or extra bombs just muddies the waters. A CIA asset shot the president and then a second CIA asset shot the first. It’s not that complicated.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

they're a cult run by a guy I'm 100% convinced is a fed who jumped from various black liberation movements (that kept kicking him out because he was obviously at 'best' a nutjob nobody respected and at 'worst' a COINTELPRO flunkie) until he started his own group that mainly just called Anne Frank a bitch and publicly near instantly teamed up with fellow fed riddled group The Proud Boys. There was just a hostage thing where the leader got busted.

Being a nut job is why people like this are recruited as a deniable, disposable assets. Always have been.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Selective law enforcement is insanely powerful and basically zero effort. Add a touch of funding to grease the wheels and you can weaponize any weirdo you find.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The liberal mind breaks down all information into raw material for arguments and excuses. The idea “annoying =mentally ill” will now cause them to uncontrollably tell anyone who annoys them to get therapy. It’s bad and they know it’s bad but they can’t stop. They’ve turned themselves into monsters that scab over any bad feelings with excuses.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Covid is the number 3 cause of death behind all types of heart disease combined and all types of cancer combined. Expressing any concern about this is considered a sign of mental illness.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Felix is out there personally talking to all his reply guys to prevent the next disaster.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Obama had actual reason to hate the British, since his granddad was tortured in British concentration camps. Yet it's the Plastic Paddy who seems to bear an actual grudge against the Brits.

Obama’s only familial loyalty is to the CIA breeding program that created him.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Powerful and important media consumption

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

space uncle posted:

I also agree the show is flippant in revealing everyone’s trauma and making everyone into a role model of positive masculinity. But if it convinces dudes to talk about their feelings more or go to therapy as a side effect, then that’s a positive. Maybe TV shows aren’t the proper medium to evangelize that message and maybe it’s too heavy handed, but most men are dumb and emotionally stunted (myself included), so you can’t always use a light touch.

I don’t watch these shows but hearing about them they sound like they are about the use of trauma as a tool to make people docile. Stop protesting and society will permit your trauma to be acknowledged.

Protesting your trauma means you want something to change. Nothing is allowed to change. Therefore your trauma doesn’t exists because your protests are invalid.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

porfiria posted:

The TV people are my friends, I just want them to be happy.

TV is a gutter to drain away empathy and compassion.

Other things are too, but especially TV.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
I assume they had to release the Flash movie because the child kidnapper needed to be allowed to play movie star as payment for unspecified services.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
If ghosts were real then people wouldn't care just like every other problem. They'd ignore them because real things are boring and take effort to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Dimensional Bigfoot is such cope.

Inter-dimensional alien bigfoots are inter-dimensional aliens, not bigfoots.