Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Of interest to the Chapo-verse ~ Brendan James and Sam Biddle provoked Matt Yglesias into explicitly apologizing for his legendary "actually terrible working conditions in Bangladesh are good" article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mr Hootington posted:

this makes me very happy. was it posted in USPol?

I didn't see it there but I think I missed a couple pages.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

felix already revealed his username ends in "stomper58"

I'm permabanned poster gülenstomper58. By 14 I became obsessed with the concepts of Justice and Devel

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Slanderer posted:

"entitlementstomper58"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/bowlessimpson/status/766314661889335296

Think I found Felix's parachute account...

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mr. Lobe posted:

Felix, I know being banned again has gotta be hard on you, but this is not a good look...

:siren: :siren: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :siren: :siren:

lmao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/chapotraphouse/status/769721920044560384

I'm dying

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mr. Lobe posted:

Felix, I know being banned again has gotta be hard on you, but this is not a good look...

Mr. Lobe, is this your doing?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Good news, the Trap has indeed had a #Black guest!

(Derek Davison is white)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/thefix/status/770019826739908609

Somehow not a Carl Diggler tweet.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

super fart shooter posted:

Can someone explain who or what is the "beer nerd" that they're refer to a lot

There was a Twitter account, @TheBeerNerd, and the guy said he was gonna leave Twitter and did. He used to review beer for Deadspin.

I'm pretty sure it's the same dude who's now @BronzeHammer though.

More explanations in the replies here -

https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/760975330207207424

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol somehow I didn't know that. I should have given that he posts in the NYC thread very frequently.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Oh my god Ben Shapiro is such a racist prick

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

X-Ray Pecs posted:

You're thinking of The Beer Idiot, who is actually @BronzeHammer. The Beer Nerd wasn't published, as far as I know.

Ah, I'm an idiot.

:getin: :getin: :getin:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Vox dot Com has a dick pic explainer up that I won't link to.

I anticipate that getting roasted next episode.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
There's a meltdown in USPol any time someone makes fun of Nate Silver. I still enjoy posting there though.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/mattbruenig/status/771463413801349120

:getin:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

John Romero posted:

who is d ray

Deray McKesson.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Deray has done some really valuable work reporting from the front lines of BLM-related protests.

His support for charter schools and TFA are unfortunate. Still, I think his earnest centrist demeanor makes him a compelling witness to police brutality and the related protests. Given the Trap House's failure to bring on a single BLM-affiliated guest and even, to my knowledge, a single black guest, it doesn't sit well with me when they go out of their way to poke fun at Deray, to be honest.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Will's reading voice is amazing and my favorite part of the show. He strikes a really difficult balance of mimicry and detached mockery.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I am very critical of Deray's politics and have said so on this forum, provoking meltdowns in USPol. But if you think a Brooklyn and Cincinatti based political comedy podcast that has yet to feature a black guest is a good forum for those critiques, then you're retarded.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

wow, do better.

yes, it sucks they haven't had on a black voice yet, but making fun of deray is in line with the podcast's politics and tearing down modern idols on the left when they have really lovely politics.

Fair enough.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Phobophilia posted:

fyi bernie bros do exist

Lol according to his Wikipedia this dork worked for the Lib Dems at one point.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Don't mind me, incels. I'll be getting some Vitamin D and having sex.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Verily I Shat posted:

They talk liberal but you know they are just doing it for the audience, they want to talk more harder.

They are so easy on Hilary, but yeah, they agree with us, its just wink wink, you can see it

Couldn't agree more..

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/773998031813369856

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
This very dumb tweet is making the rounds in the Chaposphere tonight:

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/774021824053116928

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:siren: http://thetrap.fm/ :siren:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Too lazy to find it, but I remember that there was at least one poster in this thread complaining/concerned about Chapo having no black guests. Well, it took 40 episodes, but Greg Howard is black and the guest for this week's show.

Oh hell yeah. Greg Howard owns.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

paco650 posted:

My fav chapo moment is a dumb one, but it's when they do a quick piss take on Lauren Lavoie's Vine garbage.

Is she the Erasers Don't Work On Your Heart girl?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The TCOT letters from the war are still the funniest thing they've done.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Puppy Galaxy posted:

just found out ross douthat is doing a lecture called "why america (still) needs conservatism" or something tomorrow and i'm actually thinking about it

Lol where?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mr Hootington posted:

You might be surprised at how infuriated, shocked, and humored at these types of events. Your friend and you will have a night of talking about how stupid Ralph is.

Plus there might be a q&a and you could ask if he would choo-choo-choose you.

Your dispatches from the GOP primaries were so loving funny. I think about this post frequently:

Mr Hootington posted:

All BBQ is better than Iowa BBQ.

I posted about it in USPol: July and the thread reacted with collective revulsion as the unspeakable memory resurfaced.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Finally listening to yesterday's episode, loving :lol: at Hitler in a black turtleneck at the Munich Ideas Festival.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

No loving way lmao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Slanderer posted:

What was that article they were making fun of in the past month or two that defended Saudi Arabia as being Totally Not Bad At All and was like "they have an innovation college with women, and less beheadings for blasphemy then before!"

Gotchu

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol that almost makes me feel bad for the guy

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Pretty sure that's not real

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
"If you say ad hominem three times in a mirror Southern Avenger shows up to warn you about fleet-footed urban types."

:lol:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I would pay good money to watch Scumbag Neera go toe-to-toe with Terrible Nerd Lessig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Lessing is the guy who ran for office with the promise that he would literally do nothing but 'get money out of politics' and then instantly resign to let his VP take over, right?

Yeah