Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

you're the OP but I think this kind of content is why second posts get reserved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Private matches? That's pretty cool. Are they still doing skill based match making with rise of iron?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Sounds like they're throwing their hands in the air and saying "okay if you want to gently caress around and have fun times with different weapons just play private matches, SBMM in regular PvP is here to stay"

Ah. Still, pretty cool. Any news on if you can do like a 1v1 no items, starfox only, final destination-style customized maps or if it'll still constrain it to 3v3/6v6 games?

If there's a link with all the info that'd be dope.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Is this the last weekend I can do the trials/elimination bounty in the Shaxxfall quest line? Just never got around to it but it's the last thing I need for the year two moments of triumph.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

CB gonna get hosed soon

Any details?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
So Thorn is coming forward? Any other y1 exotics?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

haveblue posted:

A Tex Mechanica machine gun would be fired with a hand crank on the side.

mbison_yes.gif

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

In addition make sure you grab the quest 1kys and CT-D

Are these confirmed as leaving? :(

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Has anyone played around with the Fabian Strategy post-patch? It reads like it could be fun for PvE.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
speaking of aiming and being bad at videogames, I never played with sidearms enough to figure out the reticle. If you ADS do you want your target's head to just be sitting on top of the barrel of the gun?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

inconceivable skullfuck

would buy

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Mikey-San posted:

oh my god there's new shaxx audio for a ten-kill streak and it's ludicrous

https://youtu.be/nEZcHLIns-k

Shaxx just ripping a fat fist of havoc in the tower HQ. Robot obliterated, Eris standing by for resurrection.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Wait, can you progress punch/grenade/super kills, TLW chaperone %, and/or 6+ weapon kill rounds for the mountain top quest line in private matches?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Definately shaxxfall stuff. Would need a scrub who hasn't done all the other stuff to weigh in to confirm.

MY DUDES

Any shitlords on PS4 want to punch their PvP cards with me?

PSN Brownview

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

poor life choice posted:

Wait, can you progress punch/grenade/super kills, TLW chaperone %, and/or 6+ weapon kill rounds for the mountain top quest line in private matches?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Definately shaxxfall stuff. Would need a scrub who hasn't done all the other stuff to weigh in to confirm.

Scrub PSA: last night I was able to complete the first step of the Chaperone quest line in private matches. If the other team drops out of your fireteam after you get a kill it ends the round and you get 3-4% completion. A full cycle from start of round to returning to orbit/rejoining fireteam can be about 2 minutes.

Shaxxfall bounties work (for now?). Couldn't progress any other PvP quest line (subclass melee kills, 6+ hand cannon kills in a round pre-Mountaintop). Not sure if the Imprecation head shots can be completed in private.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

FishBulb posted:

Embarrassing

rumble me bruh u wont cuz u a scrub

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Emron posted:

I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
I'm actually laughing
I swear that I'm not mad

dang

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Sylphosaurus posted:

The stuff from Crota all looked like something a twelve year old would make though.

:hellyeah:

xzzy posted:

From the looks of it the RoI raid won't be much better. It's all gonna be some dumb tron poo poo.

:hellyeah:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Nightfall is now Shield Bros, get your fragments

Aw, that's nice :unsmith:

I finished the y2 moments of triumph last night, but getting it just made me wish I had completed it in year one. This emblem doesn't do anything for me.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I am looking forward to Rise of Iron. Thinking of taking the day after launch off work so I can check out the new content after launch day connection issues are hopefully smoothed out. Welp, ttyl.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

^burtle posted:

I wish I could bring myself to take a day off work for 3 missions.

I'm nearing my PTO cap. The City needs me.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Hey who's on PS4 that has all 5 buffs? Let's raw dog a patrol or two. PSN is Brownview.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Roman posted:

psn angryavatar, we're friends already. i'm sitting in private match right now, just pop in and kill me and you'll be done

if anyone else wants it join in, team is public and i got time to kill

Hmm, it doesn't work on character that already have some buffs, does it? Going to switch to my warlock and repeat if you don't mind

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Hello,

Is the New Monarchy armor still cool and good?

Thanks,

poor life choice AKA brownview

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
What guns are good????

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

Most of the vendor guns are surprisingly good.

FWC has a Grasp style pulse with a decent roll. Crucible has a Spindle style sniper with an also decent roll. Most of the guns have pretty acceptable rolls though.

Dunno about anything that drops yet. Matador apparently is back, if you were like me and didn't get the bullshit PC+1 everybody loving else seems to have.

thanks

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

poor life choice posted:

What guns are good????

Lightning Knight posted:

Most of the vendor guns are surprisingly good.

FWC has a Grasp style pulse with a decent roll. Crucible has a Spindle style sniper with an also decent roll. Most of the guns have pretty acceptable rolls though.

Dunno about anything that drops yet. Matador apparently is back, if you were like me and didn't get the bullshit PC+1 everybody loving else seems to have.

Okay, same-ish question: are FWC/DO/NM featuring any must-have weapon archetypes? I have a few Grasps that I'm pretty happy with and could just buy that vendor sniper.

My thirst for playing space barbie knows no bounds so I'll be tempted to just try to get more NM spektar gear for a pretty princess NBP titan outfit, but the potential for some godly weapon roll coming from faction rank-ups might sway me to abandon New Monarchy on my titan.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

ils posted:

I'm pretty sure you can just set your PS4 system date a few days in the past and always spawn into your own instance of the patrol... unless they fixed that.

that owns if it works.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

"How's the new Destiny expansion?"

"Well I almost made my way to the top of Felwinter Peak"

Can you get higher up than the little cliff with the box, skeleton and dormant siva fragment? If so - where??

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Also during the last mission I wasn't paying attention to the cutscenes but what was that about Rasputin using siva or vice versa?

IIRC Rasputin tried to stop the Iron Lords from getting to SIVA, and that Rasputin is (now?) much more than just a warmind. Not sure if it's actually my A Number One dude Rasputin that was "using" SIVA against the Iron Lords or if that was just emergent behavior from the tech itself.

I thought the Khvostov quest was a nice idea even if not super well executed. Like it's okay to get nostalgic/ashamed of how long one has played this dead game. :unsmith:

Something about the new Ghost voice just isn't doing it for me, though. I'm sure I'm remembering Dinklebot with rose-colored glasses but... Like I know it doesn't work this way but I have this mental image of Nolan North just kind of taking a decent first pass on the line reading as "dweeby robot, I guess" and just turning in the recording booth and fuckinn' smashing on the bleep bloop ghost noise synth keyboard like Jason Segel in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. http://youtu.be/60sIDWNhhYg

Cu Chulainn posted:

idea is cool story not so good

I agree

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 21, 2016

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

haveblue posted:

Skipped ~700 posts, have we decided whether the expansion is good or bad yet?

It's more of this game. The opinion on the new content was inside you all along.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Are devil splicers added to Taken King strikes in the SIVA crisis playlists? Like will they show up in the Cerberus Vae Mars mission the same way Taken would?

Is there a list of what strikes are actually in the playlists?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yes. Also faction rank ups are an excellent source of ghosts.

Once you get to 365 strike blues are set at a hard 365 so it's super easy to twink alts to raid level. The only thing to really do for alts is to play the campaign enough to unlock the ability to wear the cool artifacts.

Which quest or bounty is it that unlocks a memories of ___ artifact trade-in? I need to get that far on my two alts.

e: I can't believe I didn't take the sprint one. :argh:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

victrix posted:

Probably obvious, but if you complete the main story and the first 'do poo poo in the plaguelands' quest to get the artifact on your alts, you can get all three artifacts this week. You can attune whatever artifact you have on your current mans and then equip it.

I don't have the faintest idea how we get new ones next week/in the future though.

Do you have to attune it on the character that accepted the quest reward, or could I transfer it to my main and attune it there? I bet there will be some quest or reward beyond the moment of triumph for getting all 8 on one character.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Kumo posted:

I was trying to figure out a way to grind to 360 for tomorrow's raid & tried the Siva Crisis, Siva Heroic & Plaugelands Patrols/Archon Forge.

SC: Lots of blues, but locked at 340, a few purples.
SH: Two blues from the boss that are slightly above your level.
PP/AF: Lots of blues & purpz, not as consistent as SH, but good for faction rep.

My sense is to chain-run Siva Heroics to 360.

Your thoughts?

Tangentially, if you're online a little after 6pm CST I will be interested in chaining heroics for a few hours. Vanguard rep booster + the 3x vanguard streak buff + a competent* group should get us some points. Stop when we have to or when we're at risk of losing out on a vanguard/faction reward due to a second level-up.

If the raid is mechanically more involved than "a really hectic 6-person strike" I'm fully expecting us to fail spectacularly tomorrow anyway. :)

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

Fastest way right now apparently is to chain kill 320 Omnigul when she shows up the first time with a fireteam and then suicide. She drops up to 4 blues that go to 365. Hunter tether, Titan ground pound(with aftershock to keep enemies off you) and three Raze-Lighters tear her up.

Raze-Lighter or Bolt-Caster? Is the uppercut worth more than the arc burn?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Spent way too long farming omnigul. Gave up at 361. Most the poo poo is higher level but the 350 artifact holding me back

So I guess to get more light you just farm the first boss of COE with three of coins eh

Anecdotal but I was having the same problem with Omnigul. Turned around and did the nightfall, got a treasure chest key and cashed it in. New fallen sniper rifle and a 362 blue artifact. Maybe that was just dumb luck but maybe treasure chests are always filled with your wildest dreams~

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I am excited for the raid.

I hope parts of it feels like an insane 6 person strike. With how balls-out they can get with mob quantities I think the choreography of Oryx would be a letdown.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Emron posted:

Spoilers: you're going to need to split up and stand in things to open doors and probably to shoot bosses too. I'm sorry everyone.

nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

Yes, you can get artifacts from her rank up packages that are higher than 350. In fact, if anyone wants to do Court of Oryx tonight, I still have a ton of runes to burn off and I'd love a shot at a better artifact. I don't know how busy it will be until more people catch up.

I want to get to 365 before I do that. Assuming I'm able to get another Omnigul sesh in or the raid inexplicably goes well tonight I would be down to do this later this weekend. Have 7 purple runes and a couple blues.

• Locked thread