Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
All hail the new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
That might be the greatest OP of all time

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford posted:

I admire your dedication, insane as it is. I'll never understand why Bungie made the crux so much harder to get than even the Mythoclast. At this point the crux should just be a guaranteed drop from HM Oryx - I shouldn't have to grind a raid that Bungie is too lazy to update for Y2 for a garbage bullet hose exotic.

The funny thing is that I don't think it's even possible to obtain an Eidolan Ally anymore, so if you don't have one of those waiting in your vault then it doesn't even matter if the game decides to drop you a crux. Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure Eris just stopped carrying that embalming orb or whatever the gently caress it was that brings Husk up to a legendary.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

I hope bungie comes out with an :effort: exotic hunter gauntlet that is basically Larry the cable guy arms. Maybe make it a whole set and add sweatpant boots.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just looked it up, and according to gamefaqs, once you get the Husk leveled up it will just turn into Ally, no orb required. That's good to know, I sharded my Ally at the beginning of TTK when I was starving for weapon parts.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I found TTK legendary edition for $30 for the bone, I wonder if I should just wait for ROI to see if they have a cheaper bundle with the new content. As far as I know all they announced was the expansion was $30.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

:pusheen:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

I don't think a gif of me cumming in my pants tacked on would be ok either.

MBisonYes.gif

Seriously I can't believe you had that much time to line up your shot on that GG, I always get instantly nuked

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Added Bone Krew from the spreadsheet, I'm assuming the highlighted names are active players

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Post your drinks tonight guardians, mine took a lot of silver to get. Because I won it with tickets because I'm an idiot

Dat GT :allears:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
You know, I noticed just the other day when I got my Bone that all accounts on the console could play under the main accounts gold subscription, and thought to myself, "What's stopping someone from making burner accounts to play at the bottom of SBMM?"

The answer is nothing, lmao

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Actual true story: Not to rub it in (actually, yeah, I'm gonna rub it in), but my wife is also close to a decade younger than me and she's hot. She's a goon, into games, and she's a CSE major that can out-code most of the posers in this thread. And to return to an earlier point -- just perhaps, the people that cry sperg the loudest may want to look inward. And just perhaps, maybe I'm doing something right and the problem isn't with me.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rick_Hunter posted:

Distrubing that you knew exactly where to find this.

Wasn't that hard to find, just had to search hot coder wife

Looks like my xbone is defective.. Shut itself off 4 times in a row with a message saying not to block the vents

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Last_Taste posted:

Fake Edit - PaulaDeensGunt may be my new favorite gamertag.

:tipshat:

Too bad I'm gonna have to call India today and my bone will be MIA for god knows how long

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Did you block the vents?

No, it was running fairly loud last night but didn't shut down or anything and now it's just done, I can get the home menu but it locks up when I try to load a game then shuts down.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I set my sensitivity to 6 and I've been running snipers almost exclusively, and I've been doing just fine. I've had it at 6 for a long time though. But I will agree that turning it up in the first place made me better after I got used to it.

I do agree about engagement though. I've always had decent skill, but I've only been really careful about who I engage and when semi-recently. If I see more than one red wedge on my radar and I know I'm alone, if I kill someone and one of his buddies instantly pops out when I've got a half empty mag, if I so much as hear a super pop that I'm not already aware of, I'm high-tailing it the hell out of there. It's so much easier baiting the people that would've otherwise stomped you out into following you back into a hail of team-fire.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had the same experience with my new account, very easy to pull 6.0 games quite regularly at first. I kept getting matched with complete retards so my win % was still not too great, around 60, but my kds were looking consistently good. I have been playing more (on my bone which is not broken btw, just too close to the wall behind it apparently) and it's been getting progressively sweatier. Not elite by any means, but these definitely aren't the morons I was playing when I started. It just sucks, because now I'm in this middle ground where I'm probably roughly same skill level as my opponents but I'm severely lacking when it comes to gear.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait, so people can have more than one email address on the internet?!

Clearly not unless you're rich and can afford two houses

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

I was wondering what the hell I did to trigger the hammer mark and also the hammer dance appearing at my postmaster in the middle of playing last night. LOL @ all the collectors edition owners that think Activision is going to refund them.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lmao playing in iron banner at 300 light

I've been playing at low 300s, I'm up to 305 now, and I've been doing just fine. Had a 4.67 game not too long ago. But when I try to party up with goons with jacked ELOs I get rekt.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
People getting sniped out of supers is my favorite thing, so I made a few of my own.

http://i.imgur.com/UE3dxan.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/2iTUZbq.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/a5NijE0.gifv

And then there's this guy

http://i.imgur.com/AHZyUIT.gifv

1 shot 2 kills plus bonus grenade kill while I fumble around with controller trying to save clip

http://i.imgur.com/ccVTZdI.gifv

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was kind of a lucky one because I moved diagonally, not to mention he was pretty close. I've found my most reliable way of drag sniping is moving the reticle straight up. Ideally I'll start at the guy's chest, then flick the stick up just a wee bit and hopefully drag across his face. If it doesn't connect, I'll usually at least end up with a body shot.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
They aren't actually ll3, it's just a bug in the interface or whatever. I've seen it too and when I inspect them they have the same gear and ll everyone else does.

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 25, 2016

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:hellyeah:

http://i.imgur.com/830fkiP.gifv

E fixed

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 25, 2016

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looking at that again, I'm seriously amazed I didn't just shoot my teammate.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Noice

limaCAT posted:

but in mariospeak

lol

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

hunters are poo poo

:h: we should hang out more

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

They're almost as bad as warlocks

Soooo what you're saying is Titan supremacy?

Have my babies

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I play Destiny with my baby in my lap and I'm not gonna apologize to no one! :colbert:

(Unless I forget to mute the mic)

But yeah I wouldn't try to do Trials with her

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yesss

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm the she-cryptarch

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's extremely well put together. I highly recommend it.

I just downloaded it and it's a million times better than the two I had been using. (One of which was DIM)

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

That's neat and all, but the fact that you have to have the sword equipped and presumably have ammo as well makes it hard to imagine the usefulness of this. There will be montages, sure, but this is a novelty.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Only having 2 characters finally pays off :smug:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
If my math is right I'd have 8 characters and 0 self respect

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

bubbapook posted:

Just popping back into this to get warmed up for ROI.....what's the best approach for getting my 300 light scrub up to scratch? I quit just before they released HM Kings Fall.

Strikes and bounties. Rank up faction/vanguard/crucible/cryptarch/HOJ will give you up to 330 gear. Always have highest possible equipped light when turning in engrams or ranking up anything. Do Iron Banner if it comes back before ROI, I'm not sure if it does or not but IB got me up in level the quickest out of all these. Also shaxxfall packages will come in up to 335, do those if you've finished the quest. Also you can farm exotic engrams with three of coins, those always decrypt a bit higher than your current level.

E: there's also Kings fall normal or hard but there aren't nearly as many groups here running that anymore.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

If you got too many marks and space bucks you should be buying weapons parts and materials. Store motes like a hoarder and buy heavy ammo synths and 3ocs from squid face.

Unless you don't have all the good roll vendor weapons in which case buy them and stash em in your vault.

To add to this a bit, I've been doing a bit of hoarding myself in preparation for ROI. If you're like me and you've killed Draksis ten million times, then you have a poo poo ton of house banners and ether seeds. Turn the banners into glimmer and buy weapon parts, which are the most efficient consumable to use towards faction rep. A little math shows 1250 glimmer worth of weapon parts, 1900 worth in heavy synths and 2000 in special synths will each net you the same 50 rep. Turn the ether seeds into heavy synths with Variks and there's a bunch more rep. This is not even to mention the vault full of engrams I have ready to turn into cryptarch rep/packages.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lmao nice

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Scrap SRL and have the entire live team commit mass suicide imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just did a POE in an attempt to replenish my strange coin stock, which was mostly eradicated in a feeble attempt at getting a Zen Meteor. I died falling down to the chest, and I respawn back in the arena with the door locked. loving infuriating.

• Locked thread