Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Immortalized in an OP.

Thank you for this honor Moist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pls dont argue, buy more copies of destiny instead

through destiny, unity

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sue posted:

I feel like I was right in my decision to never play PVP unless some exotic quest is forcing my hand.

Best possible decision.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

I dont think anyones surprised your parents didnt love you.

epic zinger brah

quote:

Destiny Pubstomper's guide to actually stomping pubs, only on Xbox One.

good poo poo, you keep defying my expectations of how loving pathetic you are

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Destiny would be fair better if it just did like other MMO's and gave people content every couple of months then one big rear end expansion every year or two.

quote:

Well I made it to Legionnaire (Top 200) in 5 of the play lists. There is no way I will be able to maintain this so I might as well post a screenshot and enjoy a moment of smugness.

Grats on being king of poo poo mountain.

quote:

http://www.wastedondestiny.com

It's me. I have 1008 hours

246h on the Bone and 247h on the PS4, wow almost dead even despite having more poo poo on the PS4.

And that preview video pretty much answered all my Qs, its gonna be a very light expansion most likely, I expected the raid to be crota tier which isn't necessarily a bad thing, crota was pretty drat short once you got used to doing that wouldn't mind that again considering how terrible Kings Fall is, still not paying 30 though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Booties posted:

Weird ban. Guess he's due for a new account.

Has anyone used the FWC pulse rifle "The Villainy"? There is one for sale now that has headseeker, glass half full, and perfect balance. This seems like a great build, but does glass half full proc in PvP? Is headseeker still glitched?

Na he's been ban evading for a long time now, the fact that it was a completely inconspicuous post makes me think they where watching him already.

:rip: Rasheed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hey could you add a V to the end of your GIF there? It makes the GIF a lot more optimized and the threads loads a lot faster.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nice glitch giving me the special items MS.

Shame Bungie's gonna make them unusable, I'd buy them if they ever went on sale themselves.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

to think you could have bought one good copy of destiny and gotten the items months ago

tru

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Xur

MK. 44 Stand Asides
Bones Of Eao
The Ram
The 4th Horseman

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Rise of Iron features sound great, can't wait for Destiny 2 to have none of them!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Finally private matches, only took 3 years for quite literally one of the most basic features in an FPS .

Perhaps by Destiny 3 or 4 we might actually have something that resembles a complete game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Roman posted:

Keep in mind that while ROI had only 5 campaign missions, there will likely be a lot of extra missions unlocked after it, like Taken King did. Size-wise it's supposed to be in between TTK and Dark Below

Taken King by itself is cheap now, but when it launched it was $40 US and didn't even include Dark Below or House of Wolves at the time although it required both of them. So ROI being $30 US was expected

Including the old expansions is just pointless fluff at this point as they are pointless to do other than people looking for Necrochasm or the No Time to Explain quest.

The extra missions are just a bunch of padding fluff having you go around the same locations you've done dozens of time except this time a purple taken will spawn or some stupid poo poo, at least the exotic bounties where somewhat interesting.

Hopefully Siva's fall or whatever the gently caress the raid is called isn't as obnoxious as TTK was with all its stupid instant death poo poo but I won't hold my breathe, plus given the sheer amount of times TTK has been on sale there's no point in buying ROI early if you're on the fence.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is the funniest thing ever for me. :newlol:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
1 year for re-purposed cosmodrome maps and assets, 1 new social space, kill confirmed and making another "lmao flood" villain.

HOW DOES BUNGLE DO IT???

I guess I can't be to hard on them, most of the team is probably working on Destiny 2 and they pushed out this out with a skeleton crew most likely.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

I have no friends. (That game). So I'd just wanna do it with a crew from here maybe...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720896&pagenumber=393#lastpost

Go here buddy, you'll find friends.

Raid seems short even with all these folks doing it for the first time, figured as much but it seems less obnoxious than KF at least, boss doesn't look as cool as Oryx did though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just got this for my birthday, doesn't take much to become an iron lord does it? And 322 already despite barely touching TTK and never doing the april update.

Having the iron lord remnants all look identical was so loving lazy, that would have been a cool moment but maybe I'm asking to much from the b-team, oh well, time to get my light up and at least do the raid.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

xzzy posted:

Doesn't work if you never get ghosts or artifacts. It's pointless for me to decrypt engrams at this point because all my gear is 354 but my ghost is 350. This sets my max light level at 353, and everything decrypts at 353 or 354.

Sure, when I finally get a ghost I'll have a bunch of upgrade options but how the gently caress do you get a high light ghost right now? RNG. :buddy:

Wasn't that the same problem during year 2?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

el B posted:

The biggest problem was getting enough items to level up 12 characters.

Look at this moron, you're addicted to this lovely game yet don't know you can infuse anything to anyone regardless of class.

Its ok, not a lot of people know that, glad I could share this pro tip with you.

actionjackson posted:

gently caress yessss

Living the dream of looking like a tetris block.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
6 matches, 5 losses, rank 2, 3 drops, I'm cool with this, even got the helmet and the bath towel which is what I really wanted, I'll hit rank 5 and never have to play this trash again.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn I get demolished by these 385 malok having no lifers on my 352, of all the poo poo I hope Destiny 2 doesn't have, its retarded light based game types, why on earth would you reward the shut-ins that do nothing but play this drat game every waking moment is beyond me.

And yea the games making GBS threads itself, whole team got dropped in IB except for me and some other guy, naturally the other team didn't lose anyone, you'd think the game would mercy but nope, had to ride it out.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

acumen posted:

Conversely I went 12-20 and just got my first character to rank 5. What a horrible experience, is there even any method of matchmaking or does it just slap 12 people together? Also my KDR has dropped from ~1.2 to .8, I guess I'm not good with shotguns.

Got up to 385 at least.

I literally hit rank 2 crucible doing IB and kept getting paired against flawless emblem havers, pretty sure it just dumps whomever together.

Also those titan exotic gauntlets have to be the most useless thing I've ever seen, melee playstyle just doesn't work in this shotgun fuckfest of game, they're also ugly as gently caress to.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
About 30 more losses and I should hit rank 5 and I never have to play this fuckfest of a garbage gametype ever again. I can only assume that people genuinely enjoy this crap are either deranged or literally eat poo poo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
And finally the nightmare ends, rank 5 and quest done, never have to do this crap again, still not done with supremacy if I wanna finish off the portion off the book though, oh well.

Got the fusion, 8 unbent trees, 7 proud spires the rocket launcher and the handcannon, good haul, the HC is loving sick. I might do IB when it comes around due to the ease of bounties but I doubt I'll try for rank 5, given how generous the drops are I'm bound to get the guns available, only thing I want is the IB scout really.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

what sniper is that?

Devils Dawn, skeleton key/possible drop from Sepiks or the splicer priest.

quote:

Also bring back SRL (unfuck the collision physics first)

No worries SRL is coming back in December and they've had to change the entire physics engine to unfuck the collisions, just something we'll have to live with.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hitchensgoespop posted:

My desire for the Thorn bounty (pretty high) is almost perfectly outweighed by my reluctance to do archon forge.

Creep into area. No one there. Back to orbit. Zip over that bridge. Slowly...slowly..creep into area. No one there. Repeat.

I got it and promptly trashed it. :smug:

Thorn is absolute loving poo poo now and I still have my year 1 version so I have no particular reason to a get a year 3 one when Palindrome exists for cru cru.

quote:

The fact that the raid legitimately gets easier as you gear up and do more DPS is great and I'm glad we're not getting cockblocked in my friend group like we did with the mechanics of platforming and Oryx choreography.

I like that his enrage is simply more enemies and he does more damage instead of just a party wipe, really the biggest obstacle is communication, once you get that down you're golden.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, I've hit 200 legendary marks now and what is a good purchase if I've already bought one of the vendor ghosts?

Crucible HC and Sniper, FWC scout, Dead Orbit shotgun if you play crucible and don't have a matador.

quote:

They probably just need to do something with shotguns

They just need to nerf the impact on them, its why the matador is so dominant, because its either the highest impact class or way the gently caress up there, when a shotty has such insanely high impact it works to extend its a range in a sense since even at its furthest range it still does some damage(I saw tripleWRECK do like 70 at a ridiculous range and his matador is poo poo), combine that with the range extending god roll perks and its why you seem to die from halfway across the room, or you're fighting a matador wielding stormlock, then you WILL die from halfway across the room because of that retarded melee they have.

Knowing bungie they'll just do a blanket nerf to shotguns and make them all poo poo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

what about titans and hunters?

I'm trying to think of a time where Warlocks weren't OP as poo poo, maybe during year 1?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VJeff posted:

Okay, we got us a buncha coins, let's go try and get an Ophidian Aspect, what's the worst that can ha-

Hm.

Reminds me of when I got 7 stags in a row. :allears:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

xzzy posted:

I don't think any of the strike guns are super noteworthy anyway. Malok is an interesting archetype but there's better options in that class out there. Devil's Dawn is curious for its absurd impact but there are mountains of good pve snipers out there.

Grasp of Autism is the best gun in that archetype if you're a sweatlord, the only guns that can compete is a well rolled FWC Waltz or maybe the IB one. Thing is stupid and way harder to get now with the Omnigul cheese being gone.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Shadow Price, Devil you Know, Zombie Apocalypse, Saturn Rapist, all of them with the absolute worst perks imaginable.

Why the gently caress do these guns roll with such garbage don't give me the gold roll right off the bat but come the gently caress on.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Giant eyeball mask looks cool.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did the raid with an amazing and hilarious LFG team, got my monitors to, amazing experience overall, best raid Bungie has ever done, if I had to rate them I'd go:

WoTM>>VoG>>CE>>KF.

Guess I'll do the OP quest now.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

it was good for sisters really. on oryx i only used it if i was doing ogre duty but i guess they recently nerfed it so it eats the whole blessing shield immediately so i wouldnt even use it there anymore.

Really? Leave it to bungie to nerf a gun that badly, thank god I never wasted my time on getting it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Emron posted:

My other alternative is a kneepads, hammer forged, rangefinder Last Ditch. I think the matador roll is better

Matador will always be better, even a poo poo Matador is better than none.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

xzzy posted:

Not actually true, any shotgun that can hit 32 range and 68 impact will be the same in terms of loving people up. There's nothing special about matador other than it's the easiest to farm right now.

Not really, there's something weird about the matador that even guns in the same class can't compare at all god perks or not.

And yea Thorn is complete and utter trash, its a meme gun at this point.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

triplewreck or something?

He also got the 1 of the sparrow.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Because missions are dumb. Who replays the missions?

What they need to do is be adding new branches to strikes, new guns, new loot drops, new cosmetics for armor, new ornaments tied to one time events.

Imagine if the reward from this event wasn't a lovely treasure bag that encourages you to pay money for more, but a pick one of a nice set of curated guns, a nifty looking piece of armor or shader/emblem?

I get they gotta make money but they should drop the pretense and admit what they've become instead of lying about it.

I think the whole "gotta make money thing" would fly if this was an F2P game, it isn't, we paid 60(some other retards more than others) plus the season pass for year 1+ taken king+RoI, if you're someone who's been playing Destiny since Year 1 you've paid a 170 dollars for all the content we currently have and a chunk of that is currently pointless because it was never brought up.

I'm fine with micro transactions in free games but not games like this, moreso if the drop RNG for the really cool unique stuff is so terrible that some motherfucker paid 200 dollars and got one of each ghost and sparrow, that's just nuts, at least in Buy to play MMO's they give you a way of gathering the micro transaction money with in game gold or whatever currency they use so its a matter of do you want it now or do you want to grind for it, Destiny has no way to acquire silver beyond getting your wallet out.

I agree with ularg that they should just sell the cosmetics stand alone, even if means paying more, I'm fine with that, I'll drop 5-10 bucks on loving ghost shells or a puke green sparrow, poo poo is infuriating in Black Ops 3 and Overwatch as all the boxes you buy can drop guns, emblems, camos for every gun in the game and cosmetics for like 10 different characters or something and a "rare" pack had no guarantee of dropping rares, it could easily give you 3 commons if it wanted, it can also give you poo poo you already have which is even more aggravating.

Still it can't get any worse than Gears 4 where the unlock system is 100% crate based and the crates that tend to have characters cost the most credits(in game money you get through matches) and 24.99 for 5 crates.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

xzzy posted:

For future reference, full auto on a crucible shotgun is a big red flag that it's a bad roll. :v:

edit - as if on cue, I tabbed to reddit and saw a post about full auto matadors which had this image.

a) the OHK range is garbage with full auto
b) :laffo: at matador's OHK range.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.twitch.tv/alteisenriese/v/97742757

Aksis did not feel like dying, don't know if latency related or not.

• Locked thread