Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
This is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

ohrwurm posted:

Has anyone have their weekly shaxx bounty complete as soon as it's picked up? Only got 19 strange coins from it :(

the bounties stack, I had done three or so iron banners when I completed the mountaintop quest. I packages for 2 weeks in a row without completing a single bounty. FYI the weekly iron bounties count towards it too

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Roman posted:

Yeah this altered small area sure was worth an entire hour stream

they should maybe stick to vidocs which they are actually good at making

Don't forget the random bungie dude who found out he would be in the stream 20 minutes before it started, very informative.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Double post

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I just googled the cost for paying and holy poo poo. They have $150.00 USD for Rank 5 iron banner, what the gently caress. You can suck at PVP and still get there easily. Flawless trials is 85 USD if you give them your account. Who are these retards paying people to play a video game for them.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Anyone else see that Coe is no longer curated by bungie starting next week. Completely random modifiers and bosses. One bonus modifier and two difficulty modifiers. Could make for some really lovely weeks.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

limaCAT posted:

Isn't COE stuck on a 13 weeks rotation? I think it's going to start again from week 1.

In the this week at bungie update yesterday, they said it was all random going forward.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Kid turned off the TV during a very important raid, sent his rear end to boarding school.....

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Got a PDX-41 from leveling up the gunsmith:

Perfect balance/Counter-balance/ Hand laid stock or lightweight.

I know it isn't part of the "meta" but with hand hand laid stock it has 100 stability which combined with CB makes the thing a loving laser beam. Range is at 36 and it is alot of fun in PVE. Haven't tried it in the crucible and won't unless there are buffs/nerfs etc...

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Roman posted:

Just finished my first HM Oryx. I really hope there's a lot less flawless synchronized swimming nonsense in the new raid. They haven't outdone VoG yet.

Hopefully it isn't as buggy either, we were making mistakes but some of those wipes were the game loving up. I got killed twice after we killed the shade it spawned me and another player in the spot and killed me. Also finally got the HM helmet and the shader

edit: and the 16 orb denotation round always feels like a crapshoot to me.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 7, 2016

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Is it even possible to get 30,000 points in one run when your bonus point condition is blocked by trickle?

A well coordinated team should be able too. 3 warlocks with nothing manacles and tier 5 discipline running the quick recharge on void kill. The hunter perk where grenade kills instantly refill melee and melee kills instantly refill grenade would work too. Should be interesting when roi drops with the new artifacts, no super with double melee and double grenade could really help during a week like this. No way I am messing with it this week though, good excuse to take a break from destiny until roi so everything feels fresh.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Warlock in New Monarchy gear, awful fuckin choice

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Luminous Cow posted:

Is it worth it to use the 25 boost on a 22 character or should I save it? I have no idea how long leveling takes

It will only boost you to level 25, so do not use it. It does not give exp or anything like that either.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Kadath posted:

Is there any way to get the Queenbreaker Vandal grimoire card now that the HoW events are done? Do they appear in the wild on patrol anywhere?

I believe they still have happen in one area on Mars they kept it for one quest from variks. Don't the name of the area but it is where the rockets mcdick face strike starts.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

How can Jeff only have 37 kills total but it gives him credit for 68 primary kills? :psyduck:

Probably assists

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I had an antipodal hindsight drop with

rodeo
perfect balance - injection mold - rifled barrel
counter-balance

I know the archetype is dog poo poo but I have never used an auto with rodeo and counterbalance. Anyone have experience using a gun with both? Definitely what to try it with both PB and RB.

The scopes are md-reflex, red dot ora2, and oeg riflescope

Gonna hang on to it until ROI to see what changes they make to the meta.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

I'm light 292 now -- what do you guys think the best way to see the raid is? I honestly just want to do it once or twice to complete the "story" for my own sake but it seems like there's 200 different LFG sites now. I'm on PS4 for what it's worth

Try the thread in private game servers here, it is pretty much playstation only.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

According to cozmo/reddit there will be weapon tuning update immediately with rise of iron, presumably this Thursday with the patch. If anyone cares they had previously said it would be after they evaluated the game after the launch of rise of iron.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/511mah/there_will_be_a_weapon_balance_update_with_the/

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

So playstation network is down again....

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Good advice from 12 hours ago.

Are the vendors updating tonight after the patch?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Doesn't like any Iron banner until after ROI drops. Also no mention of any real changes outside of gun buffs and nerfs until Rise of Iron.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45188/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---09082016

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Exotic boots are dropping higher than 335. Exotic secondary engrams are dropping new sidearm.

Just got a pair of 338 peregrine greaves...

Edit: was t12 on my titan but not anymore

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Shaders working with class items is fuckin legit.... Cloak of taniks looking sweet with cryptographic

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol they removed completed iron banner bounties, what dickholes

gently caress.... Just noticed that.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yea but the middle tier ARs are deec right now and it got a huge range and stability buff. Gun is gonna be a pve monster and I'm actually reserving pvp judgment on it.

New meta is Monte Carlo claws stormshottylock

Yeah I have been using it post patch on my titan without the perks unlocked, the buffs definitely made it worth using in pve. It is basically a god rolled zarinea d with unlimited ammo provided you are killing poo poo, in pve at least.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

8th-snype posted:

I assumed hammer forged would be good enough with RF. No?

It is but it isn't the "god roll"

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Funkmaster General posted:

1) Do we expect engrams to decode into year 3 items if we picked them up before the 20th

2) Is there any reason to care about hitting max light now, rather than just buying some vendor gear on the 20th

3) Are there any specific items - strange coins, motes of light, 3 of coins, etc - that I should be saving up for launch and avoid using now?

4) Are there any specific activities that I should be doing now because I will have missed the window after RoI is released (excepting moments of triumph and the new space aids epidemic, both of which I am already aware of)?

1. No idea until ROI launches

2. Not really

3. Keep a variety of items, 3oc are probably the most important if you care about the new exotics or want to grind and hit max light level quickly

4. If you don't care MoT than just play want you want to play until ROI drops.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I played a game of Inferno Rumble and the winner was a guy named DaJugganaut who went 23/1 using nothing but shoulder charge

It was awesome. He literally never stopped sprinting.

Just wait until the artifact with no sprint cooldown.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

There's no trials this week is there? So it's not possible to finish the mountaintop quest if you haven't done the elimination/trials thing yet?

Elimination is open to this weekend, with trials closed it will be super sweaty and suck balls if you don't have a fireteam.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

If I have an unclaimed rep package will they still be around when ROI drops? Asking because I have several on my titan(vanguard, gunsmith, variks, shaxx, new monarchy) and thinking they will help boost LL after the expansion drops.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I am just hoping they decrypt over LL 330, don't really care how lovely the gear is.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Roman posted:

I've got like 9 charged antiquated runes if anyone needs to do tier 3 court for some reason. let me know, otherwise I'll just burn through em myself. psn: angryavatar

Will these cap at LL 335 after rise of iron? Because I probably have ten or so and was planning on waiting to use them.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

http://owlsector.bungie.net/#en

The map will most likely fillout sometime early tomorrow, The 0-88 in the top right corner along with the 76 hours since initialization has me thinking something will happen early tomorrow. This is my first destiny expac, so maybe I haven't been let down by bungie enough yet.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

For everyone saying Bad Juju is the best PvE gun, remind me whether it makes dudes explode or not...thanks

triple tap, explosive rounds and firefly

My go to gun for PVE content

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Don't explosive rounds ruck with firefly?

It works precision shot but explosive rounds kills the target doesn't give firely but it wasn't often. I found it my vault recently and I was definitely getting the firefly animation in patrol.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 19, 2016

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

The Meat Dimension posted:

spoilers for legendary guns

Matador 64 (and the new Last Ditch)
Event Horizom Fisher Price Sniper

You can pick out raid weapons from the list

raid sniper looks like might a keeper:

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2001493563-ex-machina

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Looks like Trials adept weapons will all come with snapshot as the intrinsic perk

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

trials pulse looks loving nasty

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/320170739-blind-perdition-adept

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Perk tree is stupid good but note it's a Hakke

Also 21 magazine, with smallbore 18 magazine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

xzzy posted:

Just at a first glance, the most interesting new toys I can see:

The aformentioned Assembly II
"Ill Will" hand cannon, 94 impact 50 range. That's a sniper rifle.
"Bonekruscher" machine gun because of the name, also the 59 rof and 61 impact.
Matador 64, gonna be the new must have shotty.
Saladin's Vigil fusion: 94 impact, 41 range, 63 stability. Yes please.
The Clever Dragon, a low impact pulse with 77 aim assist.
Burning Eye, the trials scout. Mid impact but 76 range and 64 aim assist. Yes please.

Event Horizon 37 impact sniper from crucible vendor for rez-sniping

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2203146286-event-horizon

• Locked thread