Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

xzzy posted:

Congratulations on getting a bad gun.

Its really handy on certain parts of the raid, especially the shank bit on Aksis P2 when they fall from the ceiling.

But, as with every quest gun, theres a chance that it will be buffed in the future, see current Sleeper Simulant damage output for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

xzzy posted:

Yes, the shank phase, the most high tension and difficult content ever put into a raid that surely warrants min/maxing damage.

1v1 me bra'

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

CheeseFactory posted:

Please no more nerfing.

Primary weapons should be buffed. RNG bullets removed.

And maybe some special ammo tweaks.

I hate the shotgun meta but they aren't used because that are really good, it's just everything else has been nerfed into the loving ground.

If the last 2 years has taught us anything its that bungie nerf/buff based entirely on what cry babies on reddit cry loudest about so maybe take a look at r/destinythegame and that will give you some idea of what the next 2 or 3 weapon balance updates will look like

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Blackfyre posted:

Where do I begin to get anywhere near good at Trials.

I would consider the following..

:gitgud:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Tw@B voice] iron Banner, the one we don't play

Im gonna idle in games long enough to get my two spacemen from 389 to 390 and then split and join HM raid groups unburdened by my shameful 389 light level.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

A rare example of the illusive "stealth bagging" nice work.

Both creative and powerfull.

Well done.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Weird that my experience is almost totally the opposite of everyone posting on here.

Im pretty casual at PvP and i maintain a very mediocre 1.10 kdr. Ive never played trials and i generally just play a few matches a couple of nights a week. Also worth pointing out my connection is pretty excellent as im almost right next door to my exchange.

Out of around 9 matches last night in IB, the first was pretty even, the remaining were against a bunch of FTs with trials emblems who were stomping all over everyone. Lost 8 or so games in a row, most were mercies, the ones that weren't the other team didn't even bother grabbing the spark, just roamed around one shotting everyone until the timer ran out. It was utter poo poo.

Also worth pointing out it was LAGGY AS gently caress, like ive never seen before, people were skating around the map at speeds ive never seen in the game and appearing right next to me out of nowhere. There were also WAY more red bars in games than ive ever seen before.

If thats how the game was for players who were bumped up into the higher skill based groups then im not surprised that you were previously frustrated as i cant see me playing crucible any more as it simply wasnt fun.

The reason why i think this is an issue is that i think im way more representative of the majority of players who play crucible, if playing crucible means that you basically get railed on for 30 mins, the vast middle ground aren't going to play any more.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Its how pvp is supposed to be. Competitive isn't an environment for everyone to get a hug and participation trophy.

Yeah i agree but it wasn't competitive, it was an hour or so of ".......WTF" and will drive people away.

I dont mind competitive but the skill gap was so big that it was just unpleasant and annoying.

Higher skilled people sound like they are fine with the changes and its working for them, kudos i suppose, for me ill be hosed if i play again this IB. I may try a few vanilla games after the reset to see if its the same it is in there, if it is then gently caress it, ill stay away.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Yeah i may do, i dunno, Destiny is not very popular in the UK so maybe im cursed in that my region will have less "casual" players.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

fbsw posted:

this game is kinda dumb sometimes
http://i.imgur.com/5bvqlEp.gifv
enemy players quit, game ended, tears, etc.

and that enemy....was Sr Albert Einstein

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Its also looking for good connections now rather than people close to you in skill which im assuming lowers the amount of people it can match you with possibly?

Some nerd can correct me if they want.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

doctor 7 posted:

Oh and those heroic strike medals loving rule though. Seriously hats off for that poo poo.

:chloe:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
The correct phrasing is that we totally need fresh content because we're arguing linguistic context.

Can someone do some analysis as to when the main meltdowns happened, I'm sure it's cyclic and we're approaching an event horizon where some one goes poopookaka and flips out and bungies scant game development is the reason.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Lack of matchmaking for NFs is dumb as hell.

Im not complaining as i LFG it every week but i cant understand why they keep it locked down in that way.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

el B posted:

They should add match making to THE loving NIGHTFALLS ALREADY!!!!

If your on XBOX just use the built in LFG, set it as "no mic & "mic optional" and you'll get swamped with sad nerds looking for people to run with, its almost as quick as joining a PvP game and waiting for the matchmaking to find you 11 other people to play with.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Soulex posted:

How. Can I just buy gear

If you think of your time as money, and the game as an investment and the scorn of your family and friends as the dividend that you get from reaching LL400.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Is there any new info on updated content or destiny 2?

Or are you piss babies still babbling on for pages and pages about what cool gun you got and sharing gifs that no one watches?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Let's see your deadlift, nerd.

Its long established that I rule this thread with a 170 kg 1RM.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

xzzy posted:

please, Bungie is going to give a huge middle finger to "cosmetic purchases" and let people straight up buy guns and weapon upgrades.

Nah

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Destiny 2 will have all perks and scopes decoupled from guns and you'll acquire them via random req packs that you can earn through playing the game or for a very reasonable 1.99 for a set of 10 random perks or 4.99 for a legendary set of perks that has a higher chance of getting top tier ones. Then all you need to do is attach them to the gun using a gilding process that requires you to go to the gunsmith and pay him motes and glimmer

Nah

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Im really excited mainly for all the new and updated **""~~LORE~~""** that D2 will bring

**said a sad lonely man who will hopefully die alone

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Ive a question on Age of Triumph......

Ive not played for a while and only partially taken notice of whats new, from what i can understand it seems that AOT is the latest and final update for D1. In this update they are updating all the old raids to current light levels and putting challenge on them so you can get armour sets at weapons at current light level.

Is that correct? So no "new" content, just old stuff updated for everyone that shits old gear at you.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Roman posted:

Yes. It's all new designs of raid gear, but the raid guns are max light versions of the old guns. In the Challenge modes you can get Adept versions of primaries which are exotic and have elemental burns

But all that stuff goes in the bin with D2 right?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

ElNarez posted:

Yeah, the only thing that moves forward is your face and your class. This is just a big party where we enjoy having guns.

Seems like a massive waste of time, enjoy if your up for it but i cant see the point in playing old content if the rewards will be useless in Sept.

Kinda like when bungie gave that flaming helmet to everyone in Halo because it was the last few months and no one gave a poo poo anymore.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Ularg posted:

Lol this loving guy. Play games for fun sometimes.

I still don't get it, your reward for playing the new content is stuff that will be in the bin in september.

By all means do the challenges for a full armour set if thats what sets you alight, i just cant see the point.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

xzzy posted:

It's a goddamn video game, by definition it is a waste of time. I'm sorry adorning your space barbie in new pixels for a few months is not sufficient to give your life meaning.

I'm sure D2 will give you the validation you crave.

You've got me there actually, good job helping me see sense in this.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

The Meat Dimension posted:

Nothing carries over but the face. Maybe grimoire?

You want two pointless things instead of one? Why not just pretend it does, that way you win both ways

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Waffle House posted:

Wild predictions:

- Osiris is Clovis Bray
- Cayde has more power than he thinks
- Stranger gonna come back and be hella strange
- Praedyth may not be dead

No one really cares mate

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I hope someone does an edit of the stream afterwards where it takes out all the bullshit padding and vague interviews where people say "its gonna be great, watch this space" and where they talk about (((LORE))) and just condenses it to the 3 mins of actual gameplay we get to see.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Same except adds in their own YouTube channel splash screen and personal review of the reveal stream but with clips of them playing rift in the background as they prattle on

I would actually like to hear a mush mouthed streamers 20 minute info dump of what he *thinks* *should* be in D2 also

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

treiz01 posted:

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL THE CONSOLE NERDS TO TAKE THEIR AUTOAIM AND 30FPS LOCK SOMEWHERE ELSE

see? that's how it feels.

We were here first, gently caress off

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I'm 41 so anything above 15fps is wasted on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

At last, a button I will never ever press

• Locked thread