Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Goddamnit. I'll post my scrub plea in this thread.

Someone explain to me how lightning grenades work. Twice I was perpendicular to the spike grenade at half health. Both times it killed me. What.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The Meat Dimension posted:

You're too close when it pulses, and each pulse deals basically half health. The hitbox is larger then the lightning effect lets on sometimes. I think that if the edges of your vision are lightning, like the areas that turn red when taking health damage, you will get hit by the grenade when it pulses. There might be a "you're in the area of effect!" sound queue too.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Huh. Then Lightning Grenades had close to 180 degree radius? I was standing next to it, it was facing perpendicular to me, still got hit by it.

Either that or I got killed by a different lightning grenade than the one I could see on deathcam or Lightning grenades are loving insane.

\/ That makes sense. So much in Destiny you would never know unless you googled it or asked someone who has played longer. I still can't decide if I really like that or fuckin' hate it.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jul 14, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

iB next week, weylorans and nirwens, gloves and boots. Control.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

How does this HC stack up? I think this is honestly my first HC without Last Resort tier perks.

Obviously Grenadier is bad but I feel like it'll scratch my HC itch.

FishBulb posted:

So after not playing in a couple months and only PC gaming I think I need a xim

I feel you. The lack of precision is amazing. Not surprising that shotties and bullethoses and melee spam are the most common tactics used by pubbies right now.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Ideally for handcanons like that you want a range perk, stability perk and something like LiTC imo.

This is more or less what I figured. I knew Range was big. I'll toy with it until I luck into a god roll (never).

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Sue posted:

I feel like I was right in my decision to never play PVP unless some exotic quest is forcing my hand.

It's fun if you don't take it seriously. A lot of things are seriously wrong from a competitive standpoint. But it's fun for what it is.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Was reading that bit above about Hawkmoon. And Hawkmoon lands in my inventory 15 seconds later :tinfoil:

Obsurveyor posted:

gently caress did I waste my time? Farmed up 100 Legendary Marks and bought and leveled up the vendor Hawksaw and then I found this on another character which I totally forgot about :

I pulled a PDX with Rangefinder now and I straight up can't go back to pulse rifles with no range. 75 damage burst headshots at any range? Yes please.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 17, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I forget who pointed it out (one a you smart goons) but I think mobility is the issue with shotties just as much as impact/range is. I was just in a twilight gap game and was holding the bridge above B. Dude flies out above the containers in front of me, coming straight for me, and I put two bursts into his dome. As I'm firing the third he's above me and one taps me with UR. Just nothing you can do. If you turn and run you just put yourself in a CQC situation against the weapon that excels the most in that scenario. If you try to just straight kill him before he reaches you you're dead 50% of the time.

In other shotty news I just played a control game against a guy who was redbarred, had the player loading texture the entire map and would run through my wombo grenades like they didn't exist :allears:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Guys my Eyasluna has rangefinder for the first perk. In the second tree I can choose between hammer forged or rifled barrel. Which is better? Obviously I'll experiment with both, but I was wondering if anyone had some spreadsheet data?

I have to imagine Hammer Forged. Rifled Barrel halves your stability and the extra range you'd get instead of hammer forged would be rarely used as-is and hard to use because of the recoil.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Hush my child.

Rifled barrel slows reload.

Goddamnit they all sound the loving same.

e: Reinforced Barrel. Rifled Barrel. Same goddamn thing. gently caress off Bungie.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Haha those two little nerdlets crouching next to the special ammo :3

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

I'm real butthurt about them hammering the poo poo out of the most fun playstyle I'd used in a long time, likely unintentionally.

Also if I had a dollar for every arcbolt/Firebolt that would have gotten me a kill had it proced after my death, I'd be a rich man.

Fusion rifle bolts disappear midair sometimes too. 90% of the time it's to a shoulder charge :qq:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Alteisen posted:

good poo poo, you keep defying my expectations of how loving pathetic you are

Goddamn dude. loving SA_Games_Poster.txt

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Can you only get one weapon and one piece of armor from CoE a week? Not counting the rep rewards obviously.

\/ Feck. Here I remembered getting three in one week but one was the rep reward and I didn't notice :qq:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 18, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Last_Taste posted:

Fake Edit - PaulaDeensGunt may be my new favorite gamertag.

I lost the password for my favorite alt account. RIP Johnny Labia :qq:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

IB starts. RIP servers :allears:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

PSA for Weylorans farming

imho the god roll would be Shortgaze, Life Support, Braced Frame, Hidden Hand. You could even get away with Ambush to literally max the stability and be safe because the native AA on WM + HH is still higher than any other purp sniper in the game despite the AA hit due to Ambush. Double body shot machine.

Thanks for this. I don't think I've rocked a sniper since I was level 25.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

el B posted:

I get where you're coming from, but when you play video games as much as we do with the same people for years and years, it's not weird because chances are that you've already gotten a glimpse into each other's personal lives. The people I've met through Call of Duty over the past 10 years(and now Destiny) are all loving cool and live interesting lives outside of video games...except for the people who clearly are not cool and fun to chat with.. I'm not friends with them.

I have places to stay in San Francisco, Miami, NYC, Philly.... Just like they have a place to stay in Chicago if they came here.

I would totally pm Pubstomper if I was in Seattle and tell him to meet me at a bar.

:agreed:

The goons I used to play Call of Duty with like a decade ago are some of the few facebook friends I have that post worthwhile content. Most people I know that friend me just post obnoxious clickbait all the time. Admittedly I'm on facebook a total of 3 minutes a month - but still.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

BlindSite posted:

As long as its not widows court every 2nd go.

Widow's Court is easily the most fun map in the game right now. As it's one of two maps that isn't three loving hallways that run the length of the map.

I carefully drew the maps I'm talking about #

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

BlindSite posted:

My top 3 maps are firebase delphi, burning shrine and asylum.

Widows court i hate but always seem to do well on.

I like sector whatever the gently caress and pantheon too.

Only problems with delphi and pantheon are if your team mates arent willing to warrior for b from the jump. If they puss its all over. Also i got 41 kills on pantheon and a sick quad kill with my sniper rifle against 4 people hardscoping. So i really love that map even if it is hell when youre getting your poo poo pushed in because of the spawn traps.

:agreed: Those maps are actually pretty good. I like Memento too. Pantheon's center seems convoluted to me. They couldn't figure out what to put in the center so just dropped a giant cube on it.

I just wish that Bungie didn't get so hung up on having all of the maps except a few be symmetrical.

\/ I hate Pantheon because it's all or nothing. Because it's two hallways running lengthwise down the map. The third, outside "hall" doesn't matter because it provides zero map control and doesn't contribute toward the center whatsoever. It's not even useful for flanking because you have to move vertically toward the rest of the map. If you control the center you win the game. And forcing control of the center usually hinges on someone going huge with a super and happening to have teammates in position to capitalize. That doesn't mean people shouldn't enjoy it. I just don't think it's very good.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 20, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Nothing quite like going 4 games without dying to anything but shotties or super.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

xzzy posted:

Shotties are bullshit again/still. No one's using anything else. Even snipers are way down because they actually require some skill and why bother when you can just run at someone and get a guaranteed kill.

Don't know how you change that, they need a higher skill ceiling though.

Oh sorry I wasn't really trying to say shotties are OP. I just wish your primary was your primary sometimes.

I also died to a MIDA and an EYESluna on the fifth map :negative:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Smart goons: how does the PDX41 stack up. I feel like it'll still 3 shot so the loss in ROF probably isn't worth it. I ask because a gunsmith PDX41 was pretty dcent this week.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I don't mind sidearms. I can't imagine not running a sniper but really they are pretty good if you're accurate.

They're honestly the best weapon to have if you're just a hair outside of shotgun range. Unfortunately if either party takes a single step shotguns just crush.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

xzzy posted:

UR plus NBP plus sidearm is pretty fun.

Except on long range maps like shores of time.

I still wonder who at Bungie plays Shores of Time on Control and thinks "yeah, being able to watch B and C while standing at a safe distance, without moving, seems balanced."

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Yeah, maybe. I just don't get Bungie's boner for symmetrical maps. Maybe this is why :v:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Aren't you supposed to gain more rep per day during IB? I was getting +79 a win on Wednesday and +73 a win today.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ If you think this game is patched poorly uhhh :lol:

haveblue posted:

Did you take off the shader, emblem, or class item?

Nope. Just double checked. Same shader, emblem and cloak too.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

cvnvcnv posted:

Lmao this game has dope patches but why is my reputation shrinking guys???

The game is actually playable after patches. I've played ssooooooo many games that were literally or borderline unplayable for days and weeks after patches.

Six rep is odd. Not "my computer overheats and BSOD's whenever I boot up the game"

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Oh by the way pretty sure the IB "actual level" thing is broken again. There was a LL 3 guy running around with a Fusion/Stickies one shotting people.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

actionjackson posted:

Bladedancer with last word, snipe and bones of eao is pretty great. Let's you move crazy fast and makes it easier to get kills during blade dance.

Is there some trick to getting TLW to drop? It's literally the only gun I've wanted and I've gotten three Suros Regime's and three NLB's amid a sea of exotic primary mediocrity.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Yep IB is broken. There are level 40 LL3 guys running around with shotties making GBS threads on people. Great game here guys.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I love that it's literally impossible to kill jugg Titans with a single burst of a fusion. Needing to use an activated ability in addition to special ammunition to deal with an innate ability is perplexing.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

actionjackson posted:

They don't even die to seven bolts from a hitchhiker?

Was using Plan C. 47x7 didn't kill him. I think something stupid happened like his shield got refreshed mid-burst. Because mathematically I don't understand it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

cvnvcnv posted:

Plan C, you should have had two shots fired. Blame yourself.

:lol:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

He's got a screen shot from last year that has his entire team with no deaths huge kds and took the match to time.

e: zone control

I just now realized this is why Control is the default mode and not Zone Control.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I think I posted before but this thing does work. It three bursts at most ranges on Frontier, Bannerfall and Twilight Gap. Unless you're getting pre-aimed by a sniper rifle you can usually flinch them to death unless they get a lucky shot in.

Also servers just poo poo the bed. Don't bother with PvP right now.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Nice. I love that PDX/Hawksaw doesn't need too much stability over base. Which is great because you can roll poo poo like Full Auto/Range/Quickswap and not really lose any reliability. I'll have to take a look at the Full Auto PDX I rolled last week. I know it's range was worse but I forget everything else it had.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I forgot to buy Arms Day weapons this week. :smithicide: At least there wasn't anything particularly good up this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

ITT we have a bunch of loving retards, end of story

To be fair this is every games thread. And that's why it's entertaining as gently caress.

• Locked thread