Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
:siren: Attention Xboners :siren:

Bungie chat app sucks and we liek to post so join our cool guys Slack channel where you can post all your cool gifs and plan out pubstompings and whatever else.

Don't know what Slack is? Then gently caress off! jk, but for real it's basically IRC on 'roids and it's way better for organizing and chatting about video games.

PM me with your email address here or send it to my GT: Wrecks Box One to get an invitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

How well does Slack handle multiple accounts? Because I already use it for work and if it makes it a pain in the rear end to use two logins then gently caress that poo poo.

The iOS app handles it fine, the lovely Mac app seems to have a meltdown when I sign in with both my work email and my sidechick email, so I just keep the bonekrew instance in a Safari window on a different desktop view.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

haveblue posted:

The Slack Mac app appears to be just a wrapper for a web view, it's terrible.

yeah, it's not great

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
lol

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Spiv posted:

I don't want you having my personal info. What the gently caress is this? Pokemon go?

okay, so then gently caress off m8

what the gently caress do i care what your email is? I'm a 29 year old professional. You don't wanna come chat then don't lmao

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

el B posted:

Lol if you haven't already exchanged numbers with your regular crucible squad and friended on Facebook

bro we have meet ups in strip malls where we all pop our hoods and compare engines

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

cvnvcnv posted:

Having a Facebook, and using it to normalize yourself to bideojame randos seems like a double loss.

Not having a Facebook outs you as a weirdo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

BiohazrD posted:

i fully plan on sleeping on destiny pubstomper's couch the next time i go to seattle

Same but bed

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
The spaghetti is avalanching from my pockets right now

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

CheeseFactory posted:

I had 3 AUSGOONS at my wedding.

How many of your groomsman were marsupials?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Mikey-San posted:

It's really boring. A month ago, a Bungie developer made an honest mistake in a tweet regarding matchmaking. Today, people on Reddit went apeshit on the basis of the mistake. Cozmo quickly corrected the error. Reddit is, of course, now shouting LIES and DECEPTION because REDDIT is full of CHILDREN.

I've been in Derek's shoes before, where stuff changes internally and you aren't always aware or forget you changed something yourself. Then you gently caress up by not double-checking before saying the thing that is wrong. For this reason, I try to be very conservative in how I reply to people about product functionality. And even then I screw up a lot. It happens, you move on, you try harder next time. (Then it happens again and you develop a good drinking habit, like most seasoned engineers.)

It's funny to laugh at but people who are getting upset about it (lol reddit) are being silly.

What did the dev say wrong?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Anecdotally I have a really high elo in control and iron banner but the matchmaking didn't reflect it at all today and we won 10/12 matches

Edit: and I was the fireteam lead

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Just getting a breaker with a lightning grenade nbd

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wrecks%20Box%20One/video/19762772

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

ohrwurm posted:

Bungie why can't burning shrine be in IB, I just want to play one of my fav maps

Yeah and remove vertigo because that map is awful

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

schmeo posted:

I do this with my LMG, but I think I'm going to start doing it with rockets. Hang back and be the rear end in a top hat I usually am and then pull out my broken as gently caress Ash Factory and go to town.

Or just use Truth?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

OdinsBeard posted:

I don't want to say 'this gun is for scrubs' but there is a special place in hell for people who use Truth in 6v6.

I use it every game and I'm platinum status bitch

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
If you're not running an exotic primary then there's no reason not to use it - max blast radius, horseshoes, tracking and tripod.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

schmeo posted:

Some of us don't care about an e-peen

yeah but I bet you care about winning, which is why you should run Truth

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

The Meat Dimension posted:

Bungie will have a stream talking about the Crucible at Gamescom. New game mode, new maps, etc.

new game mode is going to be a "defend the wall" mode and there will be 4 maps + an exclusive for ps4 and only two of them will be any good

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
let's be real here, all we care about is the new gear and guns guns guns. until they come through with a listing of like 10 new exotics + new legendaries and new perks, we're gonna just roast them mercilessly

and they arent gonna say poo poo about how much new gear there is until like a week before the game comes out

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
tbf though it's already almost August so time is going by pretty quick imo, september is gonna come up pretty quick

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
i remember trying to do the king fall raid on day 1 and they were doing construction on my balcony and jackhammering so bad that i had to wear earplugs and that made it hard

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Rank 5 package dummies

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Lol 73 and gay

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44986/7_Community-Focus---Galford

Greatest generation my rear end, freaking git gud Gramps.

Get stroked grandpa

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Whammy

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Soulstealers Claw is good y'all

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
The Rappo scope? You loving kidding me I was the first motherfucker pumping viewtac

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I got:

6 gloves
3 boots
4 ghosts

No weapons at all.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

ReadingZucchini posted:

Is there some good explanation of how exactly infusion works since the April update?

Do the attribute bonuses of the infused armor increase along with the power level or what?

WYSIWYG 335 --> 335

Stats go up linearly but it's still RNG if it's actually a max stat roll or not. You can use something like Destiny Item Manager to look at your gear and tell you if it's close to max roll or not. There's a breakdown of what numbers are required for each armor type to qualify it as a max roll, but it's like 25/25 for class items and ghosts, and 45/45 for helmets, without the bonus perk applied.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I wonder if they'll make an adjustment with RoI or if they'll just leave it and be cool with people running around with Tier 14 gear

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

ohrwurm posted:

Completely forgot I had this sitting in my vault. I really need to clean out the useless garbage I will never use.

Yeah it was sold a few months ago

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

fennesz posted:

I think I posted before but this thing does work. It three bursts at most ranges on Frontier, Bannerfall and Twilight Gap. Unless you're getting pre-aimed by a sniper rifle you can usually flinch them to death unless they get a lucky shot in.

Also servers just poo poo the bed. Don't bother with PvP right now.

Get good scrub

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Roman posted:

Well that's why you gotta get one with these:

whats up left cone/right cone bro

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Patch Notes (2.3.1):
-Fixed an issue where some players weren't able to make purchases to Eververse.
-Added affordable financing options for guardians not able to afford items at Eververse
-Added new emote "The Shitter" where the player pretends to take off pants and squat down to defecate: 800 silver
-Fixed an issue where casting stormtrance healed you upon activation; it now kills the user automatically and logs you out of match

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
The dead one

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Dude they already spent their allotment of 12,000 lines of code, there's no way to add more

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

cvnvcnv posted:

Reminder that Bungie utilized misinformation and withheld information from the public when the game launched so people wouldn't know what they were buying. That is the company we are dealing with tomorrow, today, now.

What does this even mean?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

cvnvcnv posted:

Bungie issued a review embargo for days at launch so they could sell the game without anyone being any wiser on all the flaws the game had, the story it did not have, and so on under the guise of, "But there is so much game, you can't possibly play it and accurately reflect it in a review so quickly!" which is as transparently bullshit as it is telling about the mentalities of the people who push the game.

I mean, they've had more DLC add-ons than any other game I've played on a console. Vanilla destiny had a bad story and bad loot mechanics but it was still enough to keep going on its own merit. I can't think of any other game that got a 7/10 that's been as successful and prolific.

Game reviews are based on a guy running through the single player campaign which did suck a lot, and the strength of the game has always been about getting together with your bros to do raids or nightfalls or whatever, so yeah I don't see anything wrong with them saying "please don't write off destiny based on the single player campaign and storytelling"

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
furthermore didnt you only start playing this game like 3 months ago? How you gonna be mad about their launch day poo poo when you came on a year and a half into the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

cvnvcnv posted:

Mad? lmao Noting the game's history doesn't require emotion, or having been there. That's moronic as poo poo, and I've been playing for 8 months or so which is also irrelevant.

Ahhhhh, it's another round of the Krew's synchronized moon cycles. Classic. Maybe mention this to your marriage counselor, make some progress.

Um, it's plenty relevant because you obviously saw all the shenanigans and clearly knew about the aftermath but then went ahead and bought the game a year later with your eyes wide open and now want to bandwagon on the "bungie bad" train?

I don't have any problems with destiny or bungie for the most part and I don't complain about lag much here or otherwise. I like to clown on them but in the end I'm a pretty happy camper.

You acting like they're some super secretive organization that's casting a smokescreen or whatever the gently caress in order to make sales is laughable. Hmm, yes a company that expects to make money from their product is worried because the criteria that a 48 hour game review is based on will be fairly weak so they ask people not to judge it until they've done the cool stuff like raiding and such is very unreasonable.

What's even funnier is that you seem to think that Bungie should be hellbanning people with bad internet as though that would somehow not end up in a PR nightmare. I can guarantee you that both Sony and MS game developer licenses have provisions that prevent Bungie from discriminating specifically against people based on the quality of their internet services unless it literally can't connect at all.

• Locked thread