Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

The Slithery D posted:

Is that Tei's hamster pushing the button or what.

haveblue posted:

I also thought that was some kind of small animal

The Meat Dimension posted:

It took me a minute too. I actually don't know the story of Tei's hamster, do I wanna :ohdear:

The Meat Dimension is correct about what it is. I tried to make it as clear as I could. It's tough with only 25 pixels to work with and not being a pixel artist or anything. At least someone got it without me saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Not a bad night, got that cool purple & yellow flower emblem A Buff Gay Dude was running, Plan C, Boolean Gemini and a bunch of interesting purple guns to try out for PvP. All I was doing was cleaning out/organizing my characters and vaults but then hooked up with some of the other Swarthy Boys and did CoE.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

wintrrmute posted:

I had the same problem, plus gifntext was down this morning. Moist, make a new app for this problem, get rich, move to Tallahassee

Makes me wish I had After Effects at home, I could do this.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Oh, you can mess with MP4s in Photoshop now? Thought I'd need AE for that. Maybe I'll play with doing it in a bit.

edit:

What do you guys think of these as possible PvP guns?

(Don't know why Bungie site won't show descriptions for this one)

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 15, 2016

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Have there ever been any relic iron shells?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

sinking belle posted:

Finally took the time to find a bunch of randoms to raid with and got up to Warpriest. At which point we wiped over and over again for two hours because "okay knights are dead, EVERYONE OFF THE PLATES" is really complicated apparently :shepicide:

You hosed up by letting them get on the plates in the first place. Gotta yell "THAT'S a -100 DKP PENALTY!!!" every time you see one step on one when they're not supposed to.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

gently caress did I waste my time? Farmed up 100 Legendary Marks and bought and leveled up the vendor Hawksaw and then I found this on another character which I totally forgot about :

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Hey, I've got this exact one except it's a Byronic Hero.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I played a little Crucible tonight and ran into this one guy who just wouldn't put down his shotgun. He got me once but after that, he'd just run straight at me and try to get close to hit me with it and I'd just murder him with my Hawksaw. I don't normally teabag but I did that guy every time because gently caress shotguns. I also Golden Gunned down nearly a whole team running in a straight line around a corner for the Rift. :D

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

haveblue posted:

Sorry, sometimes it's hard to believe sensible adults actually do that.

To be fair, they're pretty much giving away Xbox Ones now.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Emron posted:

You can solo that version pretty easily. At the end, you need to kill a taken knight that'll spawn when the boss is about half dead. He'll spawn on the right as you face the boss. That's the actual mission. Just solo it. It's fun!

It's actually easier to solo than with three people. Unless they tweaked it, the ramp up per additional player is kind of insane.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

There is no excuse for all the platforming sections in King's Fall and the raid would be far FAR better without them. :colbert:

No, platforming is required so you can laugh at your mistakes and everyone else's. Also, shoving people off ledges and tricking them into killing themselves never gets old. :D Also, kick/quit/whatever the negative people who get all lovely when stuff doesn't go right, they're toxic morons, don't let them drag your raid down.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Hahahaha, wtf Bungie fix your poo poo.

(preserved here in off chance Bungie's poo poo is ever unfucked)

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Holy poo poo, Destiny networking is so loving terrible. There is no reason why they can't be detecting situations like that and just booting the player for a lovely/tampered connection. Networking is absolutely not that unreliable these days. They need to get real aggressive with stopping this poo poo.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

By "booting" and "real aggressive" I did not mean to imply bans because that's silly. I just meant disconnecting them with assweasel error messages like limaCAT said. That gif schmeo posted is over 7 seconds of network fuckery, a half way decent server(meaning peer-to-peer host or dedicated) could figure out that network ordering is just messed up for that player and disconnect them instead of allowing them to continue to send out of order packets and dick with other players. Sure, Bungie would get a rise in complaints about disconnects from cheating assholes and people with bad connections playing outside their region or whatever but sorry, your network must be this good to go on the ride.

It's not even ping that's the problem here so out of region people would be mostly okay if the route is stable. It's the out of order packets that cause the worst damage because it messes with prediction and causes rollbacks.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 27, 2016

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

haveblue posted:

Much simpler and less drastic response than disconnecting people- if the game detects that it's the one with the problem, it puts up a big ol' "ENCOUNTERING NETWORK ISSUES" banner and stops accepting input until it clears up.

What do you do with them while the banner is up? How do you deal with catching them up to the present for both them and everyone else? That just adds even more difficulty to the engineering nightmare that is network programming. When you get the black screen and come back in Destiny now, I believe that's a host migration and everyone sees it.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

Mad? lmao Noting the game's history doesn't require emotion, or having been there. That's moronic as poo poo, and I've been playing for 8 months or so which is also irrelevant.

Ahhhhh, it's another round of the Krew's synchronized moon cycles. Classic. Maybe mention this to your marriage counselor, make some progress.

They don't jump on people saying not-dumb stuff, so there's more to it than that. Only dumb game reviewers would agree to an embargo to get the game early and not be able to talk about it on launch day. The rest skip that dumb bullshit and go buy it in a store/online.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Bro I've had so many meltdowns itt I look like jabba the hut irl

Yeah well I look like Pizza the Hut let's fight!

(my destiny dood is on the left)

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

(man, editing video in Photoshop is slick, thanks for the suggestion whoever that was!)

edit: :v:

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 28, 2016

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Are you going to buy all 4?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

cosmosisjones posted:

So what's the best way to use 3 of coins these days?

I still farm that guy that takes 10 seconds to kill on the Dreadnaught. I've not been as lucky as I have in the past but he has dropped way more yellows than any Strike bosses.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

xzzy posted:

Depends, what's you're opinion on sparrow horns?

King4Ever

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

MarshyMcFly posted:

I thought light level did effect it in Iron Banner because I noticed at really high light levels I would be able to tank a shoulder charge and at really low light levels my Titan would have to punch the guy AFTER I shoulder charge him. If you were 335 PLUS max armor and armor from perks I feel like you would completely change the way you take damage in Iron Banner/Trials. Because in base crucible it only does 200 damage which is just enough to one shot an enemy, so one less point in damage could mean you aren't one shotting the enemy.

Iron Banner isn't normalized, that's the whole point of it.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

xzzy posted:

Get back into VoG and farm them fatebringers boys, because sharding specific guns to make new versions is a thing!

I can see them doing it with the Khostov because of it's uniqueness but gently caress them if they do it with anything else.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Seriously it says one of the perks on the gun is increased muzzle velocity

Since when do non sidearms have muzzle velocity that could be increased.

Am I crazy

It's an expansion, they add new perks with new expansions.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Blackfyre posted:

Wait what, we need a khostov still to get the exotic one? Does it matter if I kill a character to get one again then now?

Seems weird I would have imagined most people would have dumped theirs.

You need three unique weapon parts, one from each character slot.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Now you can re-live soloing Atheon in real life by shoving him off the edge of a table.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I LIKE XURTALS!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

huh posted:

How many engrams do we all have saved for ROI?

I have 54 exotic and around 40 legendary.

None cause poo poo doesn't work that way.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Thanks for the reminder of all the stuff I forgot, here's my fixed reply: None because I just can't will myself to care about or do much in this game until the expansion.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Roman posted:

Hey if you got that static PS4 theme with your ROI preorder, delete it. Then go to the PS store, search for Destiny and a free dynamic ROI theme will be available. It's like the ROI cover art with moving snow, moving cape, and a flaming axe, and the new ROI theme as the system music if you turn it on.

US/Canada only apparently

Can you link it? Can't find it on the web store. Unless you're saying: Re-download the pre-order theme.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Call of Cholula posted:

Was just sitting around thinking about how hype as gently caress I am for rise of iron and was wondering why we haven't heard anything about the queen lately.

I for one welcome queen bae back with open arms :allears:

Queen blew the gently caress up at the beginning of Taken King.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Game still dead

Got another hour yet.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Happy to see my exotic engram pinata(that guy you can jump through the roof on the Dreadnaught to get to) is still accessible and paying out. The greens are a hilarious touch.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Ultra Knight is for scrublords, farm the first of the huge minotaurs from the last vanilla story mission the black garden.

Tried them all, Ultra Knight has paid out better than anything for me.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

ElNarez posted:

wait how do you get to the ultra knight solo?

Hole in the ceiling above the door at the upper left, just jump in there.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Doesn't seem very Bungie. They probably did something dumb like add level 43 mobs and now the game considers us all underleveled and gives us poo poo again.

It's this. I think it happened before the last level increase too.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Reddit/Bungie.net are all a buncha whiny babies, Titans were poo poo for soooo long, especially once Warlocks got The Ram while Hunters ruled the roost for like a year and a half. Losing out/trading Shoulder Charge to regular melee is always gonna be some bullshit. I was looking forward to going back to my Titan for RoI for Shoulder Charge shenanigans like from launch.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Counterpoint: shoulder charge is funny but dumb and has no place in games if we are gonna have to deal with severe sbmm

I agree, it makes for a real bad mechanic with Bungie's horrible match making and them not giving two shits about red bar cheaters. However, it's also just really fun when you don't give a poo poo about k/d or anything and just want to smash some dudes and get a good run going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Xur leave early or something? The slacker.

• Locked thread