Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

Armor
Exotics
Fixed an issue that prevented the Apotheosis Veil helmet from being accessible in the Exotic Armor Blueprints kiosk

Thank god I cannot wait buy this and put it oTHROW IT RIGHT IN THE GARBAGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Nice. I love that PDX/Hawksaw doesn't need too much stability over base. Which is great because you can roll poo poo like Full Auto/Range/Quickswap and not really lose any reliability. I'll have to take a look at the Full Auto PDX I rolled last week. I know it's range was worse but I forget everything else it had.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Number Ten Cocks posted:

(Looks for hidden joke.)

Being OP has ruined you.

Yeah I should have put something dumb in it but I wanted to be first to post. I'll do some multimedia in the next couple days

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

-Added affordable financing options for guardians not able to afford items at Eververse
-Added new emote "The Shitter" where the player pretends to take off pants and squat down to defecate: 800 silver
:negative:
Don't joke, an insultingly expensive emote that only detestable buttholes like me would buy is about the only thing that would revive my interest in this gay pewpew.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Bone krew has been talking about getting an "I have a job with expendable income emote" to shame all the Bernie supporters that play this game

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Guess I'll get back on my 5/1/5 stormcaller

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

moist turtleneck posted:

Bone krew has been talking about getting an "I have a job with expendable income emote" to shame all the Bernie supporters that play this game

Which Bernie are you referring to

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The dead one

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

Cool, it only took two months to make sunsingers not a complete joke.

Their prioritization of issues is really freaking weird.

Eh gently caress sunsingers, they were the most annoying crutch cunts around in 3s.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

Eh gently caress sunsingers, they were the most annoying crutch cunts around in 3s.

:agreed:

So glad the firebolts got hosed in the rear end. That poo poo was ridiculous.

It's also really nice seeing a variety of classes in trials now instead of 3 self rez sunsingers.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Well considering that the cruucible is now dominated by NBP UR Defender titans, I'd say both of you are wrong.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Some bros and I ended up on Anomaly last night, four of us decided to rock UR and sidearms.. the other team had a bunch of morons trying to hardscope the hall to B. They lost badly.

There's something to be said for mass confusion, bum rush every corner of the map to keep spawns jumbled and they never really get a chance to settle in and make a counter attack. You gotta be able to win 1v1's though.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Hahahaha, wtf Bungie fix your poo poo.

(preserved here in off chance Bungie's poo poo is ever unfucked)

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah Bungie's armory's been hosed for a while lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The perks for Fabian strategy are wrong too.

Databases man. :science:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

Well considering that the cruucible is now dominated by NBP UR Defender titans, I'd say both of you are wrong.

How does something being stupid poo poo now mean something wasnt stupid poo poo before?

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

This is fine.

http://i.imgur.com/gBnsb8H.gifv

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Got a Revelator with Rifled Barrel and LitC. Is Revelator good?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Oh look, you fought that dude from Jumper.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I usually call that autoblink.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I forgot to buy Arms Day weapons this week. :smithicide: At least there wasn't anything particularly good up this week.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

My 35kd / We ran out of Medals Rift game from yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Rr0NyN8Hs

Highlights include a dude dieing from my machine gun about 60 seconds after I shot him.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Anyone else getting a lot of beaver/rabbit/weasel errors since the patch?

Edit: oh nevermind https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/209806134 bungie hosed things up with a patch again

ohrwurm fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 27, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Lol good patch 10/10

Roman posted:

Got a Revelator with Rifled Barrel and LitC. Is Revelator good?

I don't know why but I'm not a fan :(

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

The Meat Dimension posted:

Lol good patch 10/10

I don't know why but I'm not a fan :(

Same. I held on to them for way too long. Just doesn't shoot the way I like.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Only one clip worth sharing tonight. We fell behind late in the game and I went beast mode. Don't know how I stayed alive. Clip was cut short, starts just as I get a triple kill/and stay down medal.

http://imgur.com/Fqj93lB

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

At least you actually got the kill.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The Meat Dimension posted:

Lol good patch 10/10

We gearapologize.

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things
the bad and the ugly

http://i.imgur.com/HVqEWkN.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/mzKoXcg.gifv

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Holy poo poo, Destiny networking is so loving terrible. There is no reason why they can't be detecting situations like that and just booting the player for a lovely/tampered connection. Networking is absolutely not that unreliable these days. They need to get real aggressive with stopping this poo poo.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Obsurveyor posted:

Holy poo poo, Destiny networking is so loving terrible. There is no reason why they can't be detecting situations like that and just booting the player for a lovely/tampered connection. Networking is absolutely not that unreliable these days. They need to get real aggressive with stopping this poo poo.

But if they ban that player they won't be able to buy DLC.

This is why bungie will always be the soft touch. Sucking the red bar cock and asking for seconds.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
One thing that I don't get is why this game doesn't really seem to be taken all that seriously in Europe, UK deffo. Never seem to find many people playing raids etc in the UK always get US players even when picking up pubbies.

Speaking of if anyone wouldn't mind helping out with CoE at say 8PM GMT tonight or KF HM at the weekend see the other thread and message me.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Obsurveyor posted:

They don't even need to dish out bans.

Just dish out weasels if they see that there are sudden blackouts between communications over a certain treshold and stop when the connection "magically improves".
Since both PS4 and Xbox Ones aren't fully broken yet Bungie could use analyze the networking data received by up to 11 consoles to find out a single person who is lag-switching the others (or see the same data between different games for stuff like trials). All without requiring people to use the cumbersome report function.

CheeseFactory posted:

But if they ban that player they won't be able to buy DLC.

This is why bungie will always be the soft touch. Sucking the australian connection bar cock and asking for seconds.

The real problem is that a single redbar doing network manipulation (and not a countryside/offcontinent redbar with a lovely isp) can sour many and many and many other people from buying the next DLC, but at this point, (red)barring any surprise announcement for ROI, I suspect Destiny 1 is going to die as a P2P game instead of adopting centralized servers. Of course Bungie does not want to hit people who just have lovely ISPs.

Oh yes, it also does not help the fact that reddit pro-gamer kids with aids who play sweaties are pushing the "report" button one billion times if they see a yellowbar trying to get a sterling treasure in freelance 3v3. That is not helping anyone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Central servers won't fix lag fyi. Those laggy fuckers will still be laggy fuckers, they just have to go through a Bungie server to do it now.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

limaCAT posted:

They don't even need to dish out bans.

Just dish out weasels if they see that there are sudden blackouts between communications over a certain treshold and stop when the connection "magically improves".
Since both PS4 and Xbox Ones aren't fully broken yet Bungie could use analyze the networking data received by up to 11 consoles to find out a single person who is lag-switching the others (or see the same data between different games for stuff like trials). All without requiring people to use the cumbersome report function.

The real problem is that a single redbar doing network manipulation (and not a countryside/offcontinent redbar with a lovely isp) can sour many and many and many other people from buying the next DLC, but at this point, (red)barring any surprise announcement for ROI, I suspect Destiny 1 is going to die as a P2P game instead of adopting centralized servers. Of course Bungie does not want to hit people who just have lovely ISPs.

Oh yes, it also does not help the fact that reddit pro-gamer kids with aids who play sweaties are pushing the "report" button one billion times if they see a yellowbar trying to get a sterling treasure in freelance 3v3. That is not helping anyone.

if you're suggesting that bungie write some code and a decent algo then i have bad news for you

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Dude they already spent their allotment of 12,000 lines of code, there's no way to add more

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

limaCAT posted:

can sour many and many and many other people from buying the next DLC

:sadwave:

This is me. It's a compounding confluence of things but at the core, Bungie has me sitting on an edge already over the cliff side because of their insistence to pinch pennies at the cost of a dollar, pennies being the loser idiot poors and plain ol' assholes they defend with their code and insistence that my attitude or the way I approach the game needs reworking.

https://i.imgur.com/cenAE2h.gifv

Reminder that Bungie utilized misinformation and withheld information from the public when the game launched so people wouldn't know what they were buying. That is the company we are dealing with tomorrow, today, now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Okay bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Okay bye.

Farewell! Kiss you, miss you!

• Locked thread