Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Just started playing again after around a year break, or since around the time the Oryx raid came out. Feeling a lil lost, can someone distill how the daily grind is supposed to go without raiding? Is it simple to get to 320+ light level without raiding? What the heck do you spend the purple tokens on besides class vendor gear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Emron posted:

Why do people always ask "can I get to x light without raiding?" I'm not saying this in an insulting way, it genuinely confuses me. Why would you explicitly exclude one of the most fun aspects of the game?

I know what you mean, no offense taken. I did used to raid all the time, but I don't have the free time/schedule to do it anymore. The main reason I specified "no raiding" is because I accidentally dismantled some random blue yesterday that was like 323, and IIRC the max item level from Oryx hard was 320. So I just feel out of my element here.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

minusX posted:

This has been a good guide for me when I came back

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. I played for hours last night and started getting the feeling I was wasting my time without knowing what I should be doing.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Obsurveyor posted:

Look at the reg date and post history, spamming it all over.

I read it like three times and the pointlessness of it all is kinda creeping me out.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Feels good man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdF8J8X_yo&sns=em

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hoarders don't decrypt your poo poo or generally do anything until 5PM EST

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

xzzy posted:

World firsts in Destiny are about as notable as pouring a bowl of cereal. Congratufuckinglations, you managed to wake up and eat something.

No

Normal mode: pouring the cereal
Hard mode world first: eating the cereal and optimizing every bite to not be soggy

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I just decrypted a blue and it turned into a 385 legendary. Decrypted another and it's a a 365 blue. So I think it's safe to go ahead and purge now

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Obsurveyor posted:

Just don't redeem faction packages yet.

Yee I screwed the pooch on that one lol

Only had enough spinmetal for one rank up, though, so not really a huge loss.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Listerine posted:

Do you mean, is there any way to make sure the bomb activates the safe room every time you throw it at the plate? I was pretty consistent with activating the safe room with every bomb throw that hit either the dial/button or the plate that it's set into, but the other thrower in our group had a lot of problems. Someone else in the past page or two also reported the same thing, and both times the problem rooms were on the left side, so it might be a glitch with the safe rooms on the left that the hits aren't always registering.

I think we figured it out last night. We wiped due to the doors about a dozen times last night, but then tried waiting for the switch inside to turn red before throwing. I think we had 100% success rate on the switches after that, or maybe just coincidentally got him on the next attempt or two. The reason I think that was the trick was because I was watching people nail it dead center (while it was yellow) and it wouldnt trigger.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

xzzy posted:

Yeah making highly acclaimed shooters since the early 90's in no way prepared them to make another shooter.

Whoa I didn't know that. Is Bungie ex-Apogee or something? Besides iD, Apogee's the only early 90's FPS dev that comes to mind.

Edit: oh wow no Bungie has been around as Bungie since the early 90's. I hadn't heard of them until Halo, and figured it was a Microsoft-sourced team.

enojy fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 4, 2016

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

hitchensgoespop posted:

Whats the reward for the challenge modes?

The raid shits high light gear at you, is it just more high light gear?

I think last week's bonus, besides the emblem, was an extra roll on Vosik's loot table. So yeah, basically one more high light item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

OdinsBeard posted:

Another streamer who's there said three separate bungie employees are claiming 60 fps on PS4

https://twitter.com/sssniperwolf/status/865281360868421636

I hope that ends up being true. I'm skeptical that my 5-year-old gaming PC could run the game at perfect 60FPS, and I'm not interested in upgrading its video card for one game (CPU is probably fine.) Then again, I'm kinda bummed that I'd have to re-up lovely garbage PS+ just to play the game.

• Locked thread