Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/SCjXVSa.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

He was forced to play with...Americans after that

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

gently caress did I waste my time? Farmed up 100 Legendary Marks and bought and leveled up the vendor Hawksaw and then I found this on another character which I totally forgot about :

Hawksaw shoots faster than Nirwen's and that's the first IB of y2's vendor roll. It was the god roll before the December pulse changes but isn't really competitive anymore. Still a fun fun but the vendor hawksaw is way better in the current meta.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

BlindSite posted:

So many words

What's wrong with using Truth in pvp?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

Lol if you haven't already exchanged numbers with your regular crucible squad and friended on Facebook

Betty Spaghetti is my thinspiration

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Fuligin posted:

I haven't played since Taken King dropped, are they still taking half their stable of maps and shunting them into a ghetto mode that no one plays? That poo poo made no sense to me at all, why would you intentionally reduce variety in your content starved game (apart from those awful ones that felt like they belonged in Halo big team battle).

The game isn't content starved at all. Its 2 years old and people still play it every single day.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

sunday at work posted:

It has very little content for a two year old game. It plays well enough that people keep running the same content.

What games, that have had the same level of continued success almost two years after release, have more than "very little content"? What games on CONSOLE have had this level of continued engagement regardless of the amount of content? Its a loving multiplayer game.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The Meat Dimension posted:

Meanwhile Noam Chompski thinks "yes yes dance my puppets"

Chompski lol

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

ugh breeders

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Here's a cool new artifact system.....but you'll only use the artifact that does nothing but counter a lovely DoT that we're going to put back into the game lol

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Another wet fart of an armsday, womp womp.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Eric "The Ugliest Trump" Taylor

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

xzzy posted:

If your party crasher don't look like this, toss it in the bin.

Wtf is this ugly app people are pasting from all of the sudden stop it

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

xzzy posted:

DIM is better than all that. It ain't a work of art but none of them are, it's just a big screen dump of icons.

What makes DIM better? The auto-optimize for T12 feature? Ishtar Commander is just so much cleaner than DIM or any of the others I've used that I don't see any reason to switch.

I've given up on T12 because I switch weapons / subclasses too much, so finding 4 T12 gloves, 3 T12 chests, 2 T12 boots just isn't worth it.

Plus everything I get that IS T12 is always the ugliest poo poo. I definitely don't throw out stuff that comes out as 95%+, but I have stopped stressing over it.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

xzzy posted:

I like the drag and drop and sorting it does.

Which I don't think is unique to DIM, but it's the only one I know of I can use on my laptop. When I'm on the phone I tend towards ishtar commander.

Gotcha. I always forget about windows apps since I only use an ipad at home at this point.

Unrelated, but COE this week is actually pretty easy. I thought it was going to be a pain in the rear end but we cleared 90K in two rounds easily (while still getting everyone's void abilities bounty done so we weren't only using roaming supers).

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45032/7_This-Week-at-Bungie--08042016

vvvvvvvv The stats are very likely to be rebalanced, that happened with TTK. Anticipating the salt when tier 12 is temporarily no longer possible.

Holy poo poo.

https://youtu.be/ftADTesc6OE

Try to get all the way through that, it's loving painful. The Anime Intro one was pretty neat actually, though.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

^burtle posted:

Are Three of Coins carrying over?

truly the first thing they should've announced about the expansion imho

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

ElNarez posted:

I started Destiny in Y2, so my memory of the Khvostov is "man that gun is a piece of poo poo and auto rifles are totally not my thing". How do people develop such deep feelings for that gun in particular?

I kept one for the same reason I kept the strangers rifle. I (as were a lot of people) expected it to be similar to necrocasm in that you had to convert the strangers rifle to NTTE.

God I was so hyped up about that gun. I was convinced it would become my favorite gun. Why the hell is it not Arc again? Makes 0 zero with Zhalo around.

Anyhow, I think that rep gain should be tied to drop % like you see in MMOs with mastery points and poo poo (every 10 vanguard ranks = +2% magic find in strikes etc).

Welp seeya

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The Meat Dimension posted:

It's pretty rare for a vendor roll to be good anyways so I see your point, but man being stuck with the same options for months is makes things pretty stale too. I know that The Gunsmith is a way to try and avert this but Eirene is no 1ks yard stare.

They should refresh quarterly. Can't be too hard, after all it's not like you're adding even more content!!!!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Ahahahahaha randomized COE

Grenades, solar burn,

Trickle.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

It really was amazing how many Fireborn Locks were in mayhem clash this last week

definitely a resurgence during the two cards of trials I did this weekend as well.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

marauderthirty posted:

Just did a POE in an attempt to replenish my strange coin stock, which was mostly eradicated in a feeble attempt at getting a Zen Meteor. I died falling down to the chest, and I respawn back in the arena with the door locked. loving infuriating.

lol I didnt even realize that was possible.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

We miss u babe stay strong

https://youtu.be/RgKAFK5djSk

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I have a lot of good hand cannons. Too bad I'm poo poo. The last Eyasluna I just got and will probably be my workhorse. No true "God rolls" but a bunch that get close

https://imgur.com/a/OhY1T

Lord High Fixer
SteadyHand - Outlaw - Rifled Barrel - Life Support

Uffern HC4
TrueSight - LitC - Braced Frame - Life Support

Eyasluna
SteadyHand - Underdog - Rifled Barrel - Hidden Hand

Stolen Pride
TrueSight - Rifled Barrel - Snapshot - Rangefinder

The Vanity
TrueSight - LitC - Rifled Barrel - Icarus

Eyasluna
SureShot - Outlaw - Smallbore - Third Eye

Finnala's Peril
TrueSight - Outlaw - Smallbore - Life Support

Eyasluna
SureShot - Outlaw - Smallbore - LitC

Eyasluna
SureShot - Surrounded - Rifled Barrel - LitC

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

fennesz posted:

Is there a way to boost the contrast or opacity of the radar? It gets hard to see on some maps.

Some people use the colorblind settings for this I guess

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Intoluene posted:

I gave up on trials. Being 310 or so just got me destroyed. Had a few good rounds but after doing the 7 matches for the bounty, I was well and truly sick of it.

Yeah I wouldn't do it that low.

Or, go max agility Stormcaller and shotgun people. You'll get one shot if you're hit either way.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I miss games where you only lost because someone was better, not because of connections.

I'm getting so many deaths lately that I'm convinced should've at least been trades (shotgun vs shotgun). Like, I'm even hearing the sound of my shotgun shooting but still doing 0 damage / getting one shot.

When it's against a universal remote I get that it's not apples to apples due to the handling nerfs against shotguns that didn't necessarily affect UR but otherwise I'm just not getting it.

Definitely not a range thing because I've been using the same perfectly rolled PC+1 for the past six months (agg balls / rangefinder / rifled barrel).

It's pretty loving infuriating, mostly because I'm not exactly sure what to do to get "better" in this instance.

Oh, also, gently caress nightstalkers' ability to shade step out of melee. Why is that a good loving idea?

Menstrual Show fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 15, 2016

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

SpookyLizard posted:

But don't you insult Variks. He's the bestM character.

He was before he turned into a bond-giving shitlord

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

yeah thats really bad

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

limaCAT posted:

Two years and 110$ later, lol.

And seeing the health of the community Destiny did not need that, lol.

Also congratulations to Bungo about keeping PvP reputation in, can't wait to be an annoying rear end in a top hat by calling out the retards who use that as an excuse for not visiting the normal crucible, lmao.

:same:

:same:

It's me the guy who unironically uses the word bungo

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

Peak times are worse.

I was playing at 10am and poo poo was great. Then at 9pm and it was a loving mess.

It's so dumb.

(Because barely anyone is playing this game right now because the content is stale / a new expansion is out in a month and also you both live in Australia).

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

As long as you are careful and don't go cowboying everywhere you should be fine. The Light disadvantage can be made up with good play.

(unless you suck)

240 is crazy low - I don't even know if you'll even do damage on a 335 at that light level. I wouldn't bother at 240, you'll just be frustrated.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

That doesn't make sense though. As i just said i get better matches in non peak times, when less people play.

It's just bungies poo poo match making.

non-peak times for you are peak times for the vast majority of people who play this game though

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

maybe the dingo stole your baby

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Thanks for telling me how my match making works when I have literally days in pvp...

Peak times should not mean more red bars in my lobby and more consistently tough opponents.

It should mean a greater range of skill and better connections.

Yeah dude I'm not trying to poo poo on you for your obviously frustrating experience lately, especially since you do give out a lot of good advice here, just thinking that maybe the opposite of what you guys think is happening is actually happening.

Could be that with a larger worldwide pool to choose from that's why your getting better games during peak western times. Can't really test that theory without router logs or whatever though!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

just lmao if you think TLW is bad now

double tapping with 111 crits at a billion miles away on y1

TLW is amazing unless I'm using it

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

After all this time, the constant bitching about about special weapons/ammo still cracks me up. I get it - you don't like dying in video games.

nah, I don't think that's at all what people are saying. There's a huge amount of weapon variety in this game and that's a good thing. The guns feel great, the gunplay is fun, and the TTK is sufficiently high enough (with primaries) that even olds like me who have bad reflexes now can 'compete'.

So, while they've been raising the TTK of all these primaries, 3/4 of special/secondary weapons are one shot kills and heavy weapons are largely one shot kills as well. This means that all of those fun primary weapons are ineffective against what "should" be situational.

Combine that with the continued issue of excessive ammunition for these heavy weapons and you get a recipe for frustration. Its extremely rare, especially when fighting in a coordinated fire team, to have consistent special ammunition issues. Machine guns still have far too large of magazines (especially with the right boot/chest combinations).

Additionally, there's largely no trade off for focusing on special weapons. With the abundant amount of cover, shotgunners aren't punished unless they run in a straight line at you. Sniper zoom is still too short, allowing for people to effectively use what SHOULD be a long-range weapon are medium-to-short distances. Flinch is practically a non-issue, especially with the nerf to MIDA, Fusion rifles are pretty situational still and sidearms are a joke so I guess that's fine.

So, you've got one-shot-kill weapons with an abundance of ammo and a total lack of trade offs. This leads to people feeling as though they're being punished for not focusing on these weapons. With the additional issue of a very clear lag issue right now, it becomes even more front and center when you're 'unfairly' killed by somebody else when it was with a one shot kill weapon, when you were sure you shotgunned/sniped them first but they still killed you.

My suggestions:

1. Do something about titan skating. There aren't enough trade offs for titans to have the ability to move faster than any other class while retaining two close range one shot kill opportunities (shoulder charge and shotgun). Either slow it down significantly or make the amount of 'skate' possible per jump directly corrolated to the agility of the titan, thereby forcing the player to make a choice when deciding to be mobile - a decision everyone else needs to make.

2. Lower the range on warlock melee. Shotgun + claws of ahamkara is far too powerful, especially with a 5/X/5 build. Stormcallers aren't punished nearly as much as other classes for not getting a kill in 'true shotgun range' because even if they're too far away to get a 1HK with a high impact shotgun, they can immediately follow it up with a long-range melee that has incredible tracking.

3. Halve the amount of special ammo available. There's just far too much and it makes it so that players aren't punished for missing. If we're going to keep these guns are one shot kills, you shouldn't get those one shot kills in perpetuity. This will also create more emphasis (as somebody mentioned above, referencing Halo) on map control, something that is sorely lacking in 6s right now. My opinion is that the game should make map control more overtly important, especially in 6s. Sometimes gamers need to be explicitly told what they're supposed to do because otherwise they'll just lemming themselves to death running into sniper lanes.

4. Make flinch matter. Snipers should be punished for getting hit, and just taking them out of zoom isn't enough in my opinion. Sniper rifles are in a unique position when compared to shotguns because, at the very least, shotgunners have to get in your face and have a chance to get countered. Snipers kill you in one hit from directly across the map. They should be forced to make specific trade offs for that ability (ie, serious vulnerability in the short range game) - something that The Last Word ensures they don't have. That gun is far too good and makes up for all of the weaknesses of a player primarily using a sniper rifle.

5. Halve the amount of machine gun ammo. The absolute cap for kills possible with a heavy weapon should be 5 (or something like that), and that should be only situationally possible. Heavy matters far too much in this game.

6. Somewhat related, but lower the amount of points needed on giant maps. There's nothing more annoying that a match that lasts forever on Shores of Time because the team that is controlling C spawn won't leave the ships. Either that, or incentivize players no matter what the game mode to move / not camp.

words words words.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I don't have issue with this but I don't main a Titan. It is frustrating to know that lanes in a Trials map will 100% be held by a Titan by a large large margin.

Yeah I like that titans have this unique thing but they should have to give something up to do it. Right now you can go 100% armor/recovery with no penalty at all because skating makes up for it. Plus stupid shoulder charge jerks (which I'm seeing less of lately).

quote:

I'm honestly not seeing a lot of Amplitude + Shotty.

Its amazing and you should try it!

quote:

The problem with halving special is it would create a hard scope meta far far worse than it is now. Dude wants his snipe kill and if he's only got 2 rounds chambered he's just gonna hard scope that lane even more. It's not ammo. It's ease of use. Specials need huge handling reductions, movement penalties, etc. And it would completely destroy shotgun use and while a good shot gunner is difficult to deal with its a sub meta that needs to exist. (side note, UR needs to be nerfed into loving oblivion. Why its more functional than NLB is mad stupid)

I agree with increased flinch on a scoped sniper and possibly a descope on crit. TLW is in a good place right now. It's got a fair amount of RNG built into it, doesn't do monstrous damage and range is actually very low as it should be. Most sniper's close game kills are gear/melee anyways. Primary burst, drop a nade, rush in for melee. You don't need TLW for that.

I hear you on this. Just trying to think through whatever ideas could make special less....primary. I'm not saying that TLW should get a giant nerf bat to it, but there's a reason why its by far the most used / effective primary when paired with a sniper. Thinking through the ammo thing, I definitely wouldn't want to have a situation arise where its like heavy ammo spawning.

There's nothing more annoying to me lately than when both teams get heavy and then the game stops for :30 - 1:00 of the game, because the machine gunners are all hiding and waiting for the rocket launchers to trade kills. Then they go ham and whoever does better wins the game. Smarter use of shutdown supers could help here but a machine gunner can shut down any roaming super with decent aim so they're not much help here.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

scaterry posted:

I still don't understand warlock jumps

Watch Murdaro stream. Ever since switching to high agility on my warlock I've liked their jump a lot more. Low agility makes it feel super sluggish to me now (note: I don't totally understand what agility even does p sure)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

"HARD SCOPE META"

jesus would you just listen to yourselves?

did he not use your preferred pronoun or something idgi what's the problem with that term?

• Locked thread