Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finally get a bunch of armor drops from the Vault. I have a convenient carry handle again. Atheon dropped 2 helmets, 0 mythoclasts :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ularg posted:

I once wished I could be one of the contributors to these kinds of sights, finding stuff to be found and having some sort of semi-permanent impact on the community. But then I realized there is some 40 year old fat college dropout hyped up on caffeine that can do that WHILE jerking off to hentai. So why bother, someone else will figure this poo poo out and I'll look it up later.

Not to mention that there are now people who do this as a full-time job. And it's impossible to read any significant community forum while avoiding all mention of basics like "there's a hidden thing in this location". It's hard enough to stay blind for raids, the era where game secrets could become personal discoveries weeks or months after release is over (unless they're time-gated :troll:).

quote:

Funny enough though pretty much all of the ghosts I've ever found have been me stumbling upon them or someone else stumbling on them and pointing it out to me. And I have 100/130 of the dead ghosts needed, which are pretty much all on the crucible maps.

Those just take time now that private matches are an option. And some of the story bits you get are fun, I think the one with Shaxx and the children is on a crucible map.

quote:

Also the problem with KZSF was that it felt the need to build in input delay for some gawdawful reason.

That and the boring SP campaign. It doesn't have any real value now that the wow factor of being a high-tech launch title is gone.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah that's a pretty reasonable rule tbh. It is Reddit after all

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why not just drink one 8 Loko

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Those cost $85, lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

poo poo, it autocorrected. ATHEON. The Atheon fight. Why no trigger, just an immediate start?

It was the first raid they ever shipped, that was one of the (many) mistakes they made and avoided later. I'm surprised they didn't correct it for AoT too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nah the if materia was always recognized as one of the best wrath guns. For PVE at least, don't think it works well in crucible. You can mag dump into a boss for a very, very long time with it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Aksis isn't the only boss in the game, and he does seem to be the only one with the quirk that lets other weapons do so much damage.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

When you finish a match and go back to orbit where it resets the matchmaking and says "we're breaking up those teams to find a better match" or whatever, is that where it moves you into a higher/lower skill bracket?

That's when the spread in the game was too high (but not high enough to trigger mercy). Your skill gets changed after every match and Bungie doesn't seem to use brackets.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not unless someone has some really old gifs lying around

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

moist turtleneck posted:

yeah it looks like they ran out of the bubble like they were fuckin power rangers

There's a much longer video on reddit that makes it look less staged. It may be a 5- or 6-man fireteam but I don't think sword guy was secretly working with them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Even I, the scrub, have stick videos.

https://twitter.com/haveblue7nms/status/863435183965556736

https://twitter.com/haveblue7nms/status/863435282430832640

https://twitter.com/haveblue7nms/status/863435563935952900

https://twitter.com/haveblue7nms/status/863435816948969473
(long to include the guy ragequitting after that)

https://twitter.com/haveblue7nms/status/863436220642340869
(first kill after join in progress)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Near as I can tell, the grenades bounced off each other in midair. His went wide, mine went into his face.

vvvvvvvv Yeah, I didn't want them to get shared to facebook like my normal tweets (which I never make any more anyway). 95% of the value of that game is screenshots.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mayhem is trash if you care, so don't care. It's the Smash Bros of destiny modes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They aren't going to bother porting over all that data and converting it to any new system, it'll dial you in after a few matches anyway.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Someone will ask and they won't get an answer.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm 37, I'm not old

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Menstrual Show posted:

I played you in pvp a couple of days ago!!! First time I've noticed a goon that I wasn't already playing with

Are you sinaddr? That name looked familiar.

Just squeaked under the wire with all 6 remaining crucible quests done. Now if I can only kill that loving deathsinger in under 2 minutes next week I'll have every book node outside the trials page.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny 2 preloaded as a 50GB patch, unlocks in September

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

the good fax machine posted:

I'd guess it's because Microsoft can't sell it on their stupid store

Yeah it's never been about technical issues, the platform owners didn't want it to happen.

I'd rather they go for visual upgrades than 60fps on PS4, especially after seeing Horizon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is the first place on the internet that a post-Pro PS4 has been mentioned at all, FWIW.

(The long-term plan is indeed to shift to a phone-like model where you buy a faster variant of the same platform rather than a brand new one, but it hasn't even been half a year since the Pro so the next one is probably not going to be introduced for a good long while.)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I will not be able to watch the stream live. See you starside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
DTR says I'm top 8% despite having a K/D of 1.06 and a negative W/L ratio.

Also diamond in both zone control and SRL :madmax:

• Locked thread