Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
This is the Destiny thread SA should have.

high-fives the poo poo out of everyone, especially moist turtleneck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
they're pretty good

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
i was hoping for IB rift. control is so goddamned awful lately. was also hoping salad man would have the hand cannon so i could grind for a better roll. alas. i'll still play plenty of it because duh but still.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

BlindSite posted:

Dude gently caress Rift. At least with control a well timed hammers on heavy and to clear b towards the end or something you can solo make the difference to win a game.

Solo rolling in Rift you just lose because pubbies are retarded.

there are people in this thread who play PvP and solo during IB? my buddy list is lit up during IB week and it takes all of no minutes to get in a party chat. find goons, roll over opponents. enjoy a week of passing out backflip dunk asswhippings.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Didn't someone get a hate mail message from this game about "camping inside like pussies"?

dunno if you're thinking about me, but i fondly remember this butthurt i got after repeatedly not letting some guy come out of the C door on Black Shield:

he was inside on black shield and i just stayed outside the door. seems like the solution is uh not sit inside and get killed multiple times when the door opens?

e: my favorite part is the timestamps -- the first two messages happened during the game, then way later he was still mad and messaged me again

e2: you are probably thinking of something else but enjoy the funny salt anyway

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 15, 2016

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

The Meat Dimension posted:

#shiton

Also expecting a gif from chelsea-bridge of me getting poo poo on in a few lol

this is a safe space, I don't kink shame

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
http://i.imgur.com/YOEXM5F.gifv

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I love points dispensers!

http://i.imgur.com/Wv2mGHO.gifv

The best part is that his self rez put him in first so I got even more points for murdering him again.

what the gently caress was this guy thinking

self-res in 6s: not even once (but twice, actually)

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

I've totally come back around on the vendor Hawksaw with FS/CB/SB. Using the SLO-19 instead of the SPO-28 is a game changer.

I'm of the opinion now that the only good target acquisition sights are the Red Dot OAS and Sureshot IS. A small boost to target acquisition isn't poo poo without great handling. SPO-28, SC Holo and the Reflex sight are loving garbo.

This is why I really like SteadyHand. It rolled on an Aegis of mine and I previously had ignored the sight because it felt weird, but +8 handling is no joke. (Plus I have Quickdraw, so I swap and ADS almost instantly.)

handling > TA

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

The Meat Dimension posted:

lmao that gunslinger.

ahaha i missed that the first time

"is there anyone left??? i wanna shoot something"

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Call of Cholula posted:

He was forced to play with...Americans after that

literally the worst thing that can happen tbqh

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
https://youtu.be/vLSRRi_dZBA

Bend over, I'm coming in

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Gg but please tell me the Wu-Tang secret to getting matchmaking like that.

No idea. I usually get better opponents than that. Half of that team was a fireteam, too, with UR and poo poo.

I started cackling after getting a Phantom with only one weapon kill.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
reddit is, as usual, real mad about this!!!!!!

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
That Rift match I posted the other day was too slow, so we sped it up.

https://youtu.be/n46W1T-6flE

3m15s -- not even long enough for me to get an Unbroken. "Fastest Best Rift mercy" should be an SA challenge.

e: you're limited by the speed of respawn and spark recharge, so this is probably approaching the limit of time

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 19, 2016

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Alteisen probably has a few copies you can use

:drat:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Lmao as if my accounts ever last long enough to get plat

basically you create burner SA accounts for forums pubstomping is what you're sayin

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

CheeseFactory posted:

What happened?

It's really boring. A month ago, a Bungie developer made an honest mistake in a tweet regarding matchmaking. Today, people on Reddit went apeshit on the basis of the mistake. Cozmo quickly corrected the error. Reddit is, of course, now shouting LIES and DECEPTION because REDDIT is full of CHILDREN.

I've been in Derek's shoes before, where stuff changes internally and you aren't always aware or forget you changed something yourself. Then you gently caress up by not double-checking before saying the thing that is wrong. For this reason, I try to be very conservative in how I reply to people about product functionality. And even then I screw up a lot. It happens, you move on, you try harder next time. (Then it happens again and you develop a good drinking habit, like most seasoned engineers.)

It's funny to laugh at but people who are getting upset about it (lol reddit) are being silly.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

What did the dev say wrong?

He said that fireteam matchmaking was at least partially based on the max skill of the fireteam, for matching that involves fireteams. Today, after Reddit poo poo the bed, Cozmo showed up to say it's based on average skill of the fireteam. Big whoop.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Normally I'd just believe Cosmo but Derrick "Go Play Strikes" Carroll had a bunch of follow on tweets and was adamant.

Yeah, my spidey-sense says one of the following is true:

- Derek was thinking of a system that isn't current or didn't ship at all, and he was wrong
- Cozmo is wrong
- The actual matchmaking system is more complex than Twitter replies afford, neither is 100% wrong, and the community will never be satisfied with any answer(s)

The replies definitely indicate he's thinking of something concrete and specific, so who knows. Perhaps the real mistake was replying to anyone in the first place.

quote:

Also I bagged Cosmo.

This is the most important part of the story, BTW, CheeseFactory.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Derrick "Go Play Strikes" Carroll

I have a ton of sympathy for developers and designers who have the courage to talk about their work in public, but hoooly poo poo was that a terrible reply.

e: Derek's, not A Buff Gay Dude's

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

el B posted:

A/C caps on Vertigo Trip Report: good!

this is the pro vertigo strat. hoses teams who only know how to snipe down mid ramp and throw grenades at the sides of B.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
i think your shotgun sucked him up like a vacuum cleaner there

pretty rad perk imo

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

1903 hours.

ugh

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

CheeseFactory posted:

Well I made it to Legionnaire (Top 200) in 5 of the play lists. There is no way I will be able to maintain this so I might as well post a screenshot and enjoy a moment of smugness.

Congrats man. That's outstanding.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
loving lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgnMF8QGGjk

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

this is why I nominated you for new thread OP

goddamn lol

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

nah both of these woulda been better with jazz hands or blowing a kiss

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

watch as actionjackson wages his private war against the hordes of convertibles bearing down on him

"This is madness! their penises will blot out the sun!"

*actionjackson turns to camera* "Then, we will whine in the shade"

holy lol

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

2 defenders with alpha lupi and super aura, two stormlocks with electrostatic mind, two voidlocks with universal remote and no sprint cooldown

from Fun Police to gently caress Police

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

FishBulb posted:

Finally got an Elsyluna with an ok roll and I'm not even sure if it's okay enough

Hidden hand and partial refund with hammer forged, reinforced barrel or HC rounds

HH is good for Babymoon, since that HC has kinda low AA. Reinforced Barrel is a pretty big hit to stability, which sucks for Baby 'cuz of the hilariously strong pull to the right. I think this gun needs to maintain stability in order to be consistently easy to use. I'd probably run Hammer Forged over RB. Keep the base stability and increase the range a bit.

My bonerrific Rangefinder+LITC roll has Rifled Barrel and Braced Frame. I usually run RB and can't imagine how hard it would be to use with very low stability. (Though I might start using BF more, since the gun practically doesn't move with that much stability, and the base range + RF still amount to pretty good range.)

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 4, 2016

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
i'm still lmaoing at your new av, rappo

whoever did that, you are a beautiful person

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

more like "memory of rad gifs"

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
here's last night's highlight:

https://youtu.be/96ZbTTYf0TY

"run thru a mufucka's face," as marshawn lynch would say

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
If you reroll a Y1 weapon, does it still roll Y1 perks? (Minus completely removed perks like shot package.) I'm thinking about rerolling my Jolder's for shits and grins but don't want to lose Field Scout.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
http://i.imgur.com/GRV8CdI.gifv

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

haveblue posted:

At least you killed the guy, I was expecting that to end with you suddenly exploding out of nowhere and he's on the other side of the map.

you can't tell from the potato gif but someone else killed him several seconds before he dropped dead and i didn't notice.

destiny dot gif

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 15, 2016

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
also you can tell how much halo 2 i played back in the day because i still automatically run forward when punching stuff to do more damage

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Rick_Hunter posted:

I thought that was due to your weapon and if you targeted the head or not. 3+ with a smg, 2 hits with a brute shot. :confused:

in Halo 2, a melee would do 50% more damage while running forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

schmeo posted:

I can't wait to just go in and look at the skybox. It's just so relaxing. :smuggo:

no man's skybox

wait wrong thread

• Locked thread