Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I already posted this in the Wednesday Frog thread, but I figured it might make a good standalone.

So, BYOB. Tell us of the wild (or wild-ish) critters which have settled in to unexpected places in your lives.

Ocelots under your sundial? Vicunas behind your garage? Pumas in your underwear drawer? Tell us about them, and share pictures!

And no, we don't need to hear about cockroaches, ants, or earwigs!

love that frog!

i've had several bunny friends that cohabited in my lawn and many frogs in the two fishponds i made but its always cool when it's something big like deer. at my families place we have this little sitting place on the marsh, about 100 ft from our dock which goes out 370 feet through salt marsh to the river.

around 2006 my brother and i were sitting there smoking a bowl when all of a sudden we realize there's a mother deer and a fawn standing about 40 ft away from us. they must have just walked up and frozen when they saw us, oblivious that they were there. a couple seconds later we realize that there is a second fawn about 10ft away from us, just at the base of the little rock jetty that we built the sitting area/wooden platform on. there's a game path through the marsh there and the deer just hung out for a few minutes before the closest fawn walked back to it's mom and they walked away.

i kept seeing those deer for the next few years, always one of the younger two getting a little closer to the humans than the other two. No idea what happened to them after maybe 2010 but it was always cool to see that little deer family showing up and hanging out for a few minutes until brave little deer returned to it's family so they could walk away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*from behind the closed door of the bathroom a toilet can be heard flushing, shortly afterwards the sound of an aerosol air freshener can be heard, the husband and wife look at each other in terror as there should be no one else in the house, slowly the bathroom door creeps open and a tiny tree frog hops out*

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

when she was a child i think it was her cousins who would throw frog parts at her. like, her cousins were brutal children at the time and cut up frogs and threw the frog pieces at her. i guess thats why.

hell i love frogs they're loving cute.

holy poo poo... :stare:

when i was a kid we used to go to a family friends beach house and the side of it was always covered in hundreds if not thousands of wolf spiders, my older brother used to hold me up against the side and laugh at me so that's where i got my fear of spiders but that pales in comparison to your story

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

goat, for reference:

so much love for goats, always wanting to climb as high as they can like the goat you have referenced

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
goats are like nature's parkour athletes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Zyla posted:

HOW DO THEY DO IT

thats just like a typical goat day, and i love that there is a little bay goat in the top left just chilling out on a sheer cliff face

• Locked thread