Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

here is a friendly duck who came up to my friends and i in a nice little park in west amsterdam

she straight up chilled with us for like half an hour while we picnicked on the grassy bank of a canal, while a bunch of admiring drakes down below in the water were clearly trying to get her attention but she was too good for them

my 2 friends and i all have a copy of this photo and keep it posted up in our respective offices :3:

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

:horse:
At the end of my bike commute to work, I bomb down a big hill past several horse pastures. The horses hanging out in there often look up at me and watch me go by, they're used to cars and walkers but I probably look like a weird kind of fast creature to them, or maybe i just look like an unusually fast human.
One of them wears a cool fly-mask with sunglasses on it like this

and it looks really funny when she watches me go by cause she looks so rad with her sunglasses (they can see thru the fly mask)
Sometimes when horses are hanging out in pasture, they play with each other, run around, race each other, etc. So one time one of them was kind of trotting along the fence right along the road, and she saw me coming down the hill on my bike at roughly horse-speed, and so she ran alongside me like we were playing, she looked at me as we raced down along the hill, all the way along the fence. I keep hoping it happens again cause it makes me feel like an honorary horse.
One time I went for a walk at lunch and I didn't go right up to the fence cause I didn't want them to think I had food, but the same horse as the running one (I think) made eye contact with me and kind of walked my way and then stopped and just looked at me for like 5 minutes straight.
Horses are cool, sometimes I wish I had one or rode more often or something.

ty manifisto

alnilam

The really sad part of that story: there was a barn fire and like 6 of my horse-friends died, I legit cried when I biked by and saw the ruins of the barn and smelled the smokey wood and saw a makeshift memorial on the roadside because I knew some horses must have died in there. Then later I found out it was 6 of them + a funny goat who always hung out with the horses and nuzzled their legs. :cry:

The one with the sunglasses is still okay though, and I think the one who ran with me is too (unless there's another one who looks just like her).

Barn fires make me really sad because not only is a fire the worst way to die, but also the animals are locked in there by the power of humans and so with no humans to let them out they're just completely trapped :(
I still have a horrifying image in my head of horses desperately trying to get out of the barn and I wish I had been riding to work and spotted the fire and been able to let them out (it was a Sunday though)

ty manifisto

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

*from behind the closed door of the bathroom a toilet can be heard flushing, shortly afterwards the sound of an aerosol air freshener can be heard, the husband and wife look at each other in terror as there should be no one else in the house, slowly the bathroom door creeps open and a tiny tree frog hops out*

alnilam

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

fiancee has a phobia of frogs. :(

so she asks me what was in the cup. i told her it was a frog. then she has me sweep the bathroom with a flashlight looking for more toilet frogs.

Why does your fiancée hate my people :mad:

alnilam

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

when she was a child i think it was her cousins who would throw frog parts at her. like, her cousins were brutal children at the time and cut up frogs and threw the frog pieces at her. i guess thats why.

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Zyla posted:

HOW DO THEY DO IT

noclipping

• Locked thread