Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Made of Meat

I already posted this in the Wednesday Frog thread, but I figured it might make a good standalone.

Robot Made of Meat posted:

This seems like a good time to introduce Clock Frog to BYOB.

Clock Frog lived behind the clock on my deck all last summer. I'd hear him start to chirp as the evening wore on, and near dusk he'd climb out from behind the clock and relax a while and wake up a bit.

When he'd made his plans, he'd climb up the wall a bit and make his way slowly across the wall. I really don't know where he went because it'd be too dark to see him long before he got there.

I was happy to find just this week that Clock Frog is back. I have no way of knowing whether it's the same frog (I haven't heard it chirp this year yet), but it's hard to imagine that two different frogs would choose to occupy the space behind that clock in subsequent years. If I were a frog, I'd think this would be an unsuitable home because it's a very loud-ticking clock, and it gets very hot back there in the morning. On the plus side, it's nice and dry and it's safe from predators.

From what I've been able to find on the internet, he seems to be a Gray Tree Frog. This seems to me to be an odd thing to name a frog which lives behind clocks, but I'm not a frogologist.

So, on behalf of Clock Frog, Happy Wednesday, My Dudes!

(sorry for the lousy pictures -- it's hard to get very close without fear of startling him)

So, BYOB. Tell us of the wild (or wild-ish) critters which have settled in to unexpected places in your lives.

Ocelots under your sundial? Vicunas behind your garage? Pumas in your underwear drawer? Tell us about them, and share pictures!

And no, we don't need to hear about cockroaches, ants, or earwigs!

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

FluffieDuckie posted:

also my neighbor had a car mountain lion but that's less cute and more terrifying

I'll stick with frogs.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

City of Glompton posted:

I just found a whole mushroom growing under my christmas cactus pot at work. it's no clock frog but it was pretty surprising. I guess I overwatered prior to the last three day weekend

Shrooms are cool.

Robot Made of Meat

Nosfereefer posted:

most of these are deadly afraid of people, but the goats seem pretty chill

Goats are good, despite their evil reputation.

• Locked thread