Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Man these controllers are nice, I wonder if you could buy adapters to use them on the original SNES.

Also are there any worthwhile accessories or guides for this thing coming out that are worth picking up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Little disappointed in the Prima guide book. It's nice but only covers the Nintendo made games and no third party.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Thanks goon who earlier posted about installing the hyperarch module correctly. Now all my games work that didn't with the native emulator. I wish the RA scanline filter was better looks kinda poo poo but oh well.

I added about 70 games and hope that's enough for one save state each. Now I'm done with this thing and it can collect dust like it's supposed to!

Got most of my boxes from here https://emumovies.com/files/file/1600-snes-2d-box-pack-hq/?_fromLogin=1

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Wow this thread died now that everyone has one. No discussion of playing the games?

I feel like I’m most of the way through Super Metroid (just got to the water area) so thinking of what to play next. I loaded Chrono Trigger, but Zelda and Final Fantasy III are also on my “must plays” so am thinking of knocking out one of those first.

I think most of us spent a couple of weeks modding it, powering it on to admire our work and then moved onto other things.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Medullah posted:

That's really cool about Phantasy Star 2. That was my favorite RPG growing up but it's BRUTAL. They even locked saving the game anywhere behind a hidden item

I was hoping after that amazing job with Phantasy Star on the Switch we might have gotten 2, maybe 4, and 3 :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Looking over that list and seeing Populous brings back a lot of good memories. I assume most people think it's trash but I had a lot of fun with it in a non-pc household growing up. Unfortunately it was one of those EA carts that got locked out with newer genesis systems so I ended up selling it as a kid.

Actually I'm surprised it's on there because of the whole genesis copy protection deal.

Also do you think we might luck out and Revenge of Shinobi will be version 1?