Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Riders of Icarus Download Link

The Realm the OP is in: NA, Kalas

Leveling: Appears to be fairly traditional, quests give much more xp than killing enemies

Dungeons & Raids: These exist. I'll update with more details when I do research or hit a high enough level to do one.

PvP: Don't know much about this right now, I am level 9.

Combat: Similar to WOW, pretty low global cooldown, skill chaining (some skills influence and affect others)

Classes: Berserker, Guardian, Assassin, Priest, Wizard

I've been playing this game for all of 2 hours. It's very pretty, and the wizard class at least is fun. The neatest aspect of the game so far is that almost everything bigger than your character can be captured and used as a mount. Mounts have unique abilities and are used in combat later in the game. Mounts level up just by being equipped. You can have as many mounts as you can capture. Capturing mounts requires you to ghostride the creature when you fight it. You play a God of War style mini game and if you win (or the game decides you don't lose), you get the mount! You have a bar that recharges over time, so you only get so many attempts to collect mounts per day.

From what I've heard it isn't pay to win, but it's close. Equipment can be tempered to improve its stats, but dying reduces the effect of the tempering. You can pay to increase the success chance of tempering (or reduce the chance of catstrophic failure), or you can roll the dice with each attempt. So people who pay will get more attempts at end game content with stronger gear, but people who play more can afford themselves the same opportunities.

I'll fill out more info on this later if people are playing the game. Really just wanted to start this thread to see if there were any other goons out there playing. My character is Valenia on Kalas if anyone wants to jam.

And finally, if you play for around an hour, the title will make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Reserrrrrrved.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ive been playing. I have the beserker and assassin, neither combat is fun.

Entire game seems to be about catching the mounts. You only have limited slots to keep them. You cant even catch all the ones in the first area without shelling out cash for more slots.

Steam tells me i 5 hours in the game and unless they seriously expand the mount slots i guess thats were it will sit.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Played a bit. Tab targeted combat with nothing particularly interesting going on. The Pokemon gimmick is mediocre. These things have different stats and they can be mounts, combat pets, weapon enchants, and talent points I guess?

Combat seemed unresponsive, but I don't know how much of that was lag. Everything else seemed uninspired and boring. Graphics look ok, but designs look pretty generic.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Nexon game, stay away!!!!!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

This is one of the worst games I've ever played and I'm still baffled at how badly they hosed up "catch dragons and be their friends"

Also there is a pedo ellin race/class in the Korean version, hope you enjoy when it comes around!!!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Dragon's Prophet 2: Generic Boogaloo

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
god drat another mmo with another gimmick. what will this genre think of next?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

I was enjoying it more than ffxiv just because the global cooldown is so much shorter. Also, I just started consuming all the boring mounts and using them to power my items, so I haven't really run up against the mount limit.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I played it.

It was generic, and boring.

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
I thought I posted "all mmos are bad so why hate on this one specifically" but apparently I didn't so now I am.

All mmos are bad. But I think I accidentally picked the server populated entirely by brazilians and gold sellers.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

flavor effigy posted:

I thought I posted "all mmos are bad so why hate on this one specifically" but apparently I didn't so now I am.

All mmos are bad. But I think I accidentally picked the server populated entirely by brazilians and gold sellers.

That's every server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Well it's still better than Dragon's Prophet but that's not saying much. You don't get nearly enough storage fro anything, the capturing might as well be completely random, you need to grind out items to tame most even remotely interesting things and of course those are consumed when you fail. I mean I don't mind Nexon as much as I used to but I haven't even reached double digits for hours played and I'm having a hard time motivating myself to log in and do anything. It's by no means terrible but it also does very little to be good. Oh yeah, combat sucks balls.

• Locked thread