Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JediTalentAgent posted:

Is there a modern actor who isn't Englund that could be acceptable to audiences as a return to the Englund Freddy style? Someone whose career wouldn't be hurt by becoming a cartoonish murderer (which thanks the Marvel and DC movies, doesn't seem to be as big an issue anymore.)

I know a complaint I heard of someone who watched the 2010 remake was that Freddy wasn't 'fun', which to them was a large part of how the character had evolved in their previous incarnation.

I'm sort of racking my brain right now for someone who might be able to be name enough, pull off the humor and the scares. At this point I'm sort of thinking "What is Matt Smith up to these days?"

What about Chris Elliot? The guy was always creepy in the best of roles. Let him reboot his sad career in full makeup, work out some of that anger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread