Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Remaking Mr. Smith Goes To Washington only with Donald Trump as the title character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
They need to remake Harry Potter and give it to Wes Anderson to direct. Bill Murray as Dumbledore, Angelica Houston as McGonagall and Owen Wilson as Snape. Ben Stiller as Harry Potter.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Germstore posted:

I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't watch this.

I would watch the poo poo out of it. Especially for the scene with the cutaway model of Hogwarts Castle where the narrator talks about the secret passages and dorms and other vital statistics while tiny students walk around on the model stairs.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

rezatahs posted:

also basically stop trying to remake verhoeven films

it can't be done

So much this.

But Verhoven please come back to Hollywood we need you more than ever.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Drunken Baker posted:

God, do we ever.

Could this ever happen though? In todays market where the top grossing movies are all super mens(and womyns) and everyone is a huge cry baby? Could we have a glorious return of Verhoven-esque movies that are just no holds barred loving rad on a surface level yet so much more?

We need to bring cocaine back as the hip drug to do. What are the kids into these days? mkat and bath salts? When did a bunch of creative typoes ever make a great film whilst their arms rotted off?

I blame the fact that all Hollywood blockbusters are made as much for China as they are for the US and that the subtle influence of the Chinese board of censorship is visible in all recent films.

When was the last time you saw a fantasy hero battle a rad skeleton? A while, right? That's because skeletons are bad luck in China so they're not allowed in films anymore.

Watch Tomorrow Never Dies sometime and you'll see it's just a Chinese movie with James Bond in it and that's why it sucks so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
poo poo I just realized a big budget Magic School Bus movie is an inevitability.

• Locked thread