Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Hadaka Apron posted:

Anyone surprised that Gene didn't even bother specifying a reason for closing the old thread?

i'm sure he will give some befuddled response like "oh i didn't realize it was still so active" or something along those lines like his got thread spoilers in the title response

ungh i'm old guys just bear with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

now it feels like home

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
hmmm lena dunham would make a good marla hooch

just imagine those locker room scenes

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Now that you mention Lena Dunham, I can only imagine her as being the best replacement for Momma (Anne Ramsey) in a Throw Momma from the Train remake.

lmbo yes

also could take her place in the inevitable goonies remake

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

loquacius posted:

Remakes can be good if the original is far enough from the public consciousness that you're (a) not constantly being compared to it and (b) not obviously cashing in on nostalgia, and if the remake is good enough to stand on its own

If either of those conditions does not apply the remake will probably be bad

also basically stop trying to remake verhoeven films

it can't be done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"Kiss the fattest part of my assholes" is a great line, whoever originally wrote that wall of text.

pretty sure that wasn't quoting anybody

that guy shows up in gbs every so often acting unstable as gently caress

• Locked thread