Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nation posted:

are they really doing a new predator??

i assumed alien vs predator killed it forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

Was the Christmas one any good?

The first one has a really bad second act where they throw gross poo poo at the wall to see what sticks, but the underlying premise of "These guys who are clearly leading men material will never be considered leading man material by Hollywood, so let's make a movie about what happens when the white protagonists go off to have their movie and prove these guys are leading men" is really solid. It's a pity that joke could only work for one movie.

you know it never even occurred to me that Harold and Kumar was pushing any kind of hollywood representation barriers. it just seemed like good movie

maybe thats how the feminists should push their agenda? they could just make good movies then people will like their ideas without even knowing it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

triggering remains the dumbest loving concept

but lol if they really put that dude in timeout and said he could only come out if he deleted his mean words

it gives it a very "spanish inquisition" feel to it. twitter won't just delete the tweet themselves. he has to log in and delete it himself, he has to confess his sins before he can be forgiven

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I'll probably end up watching Ben-Hur because I'm just so desperate for another good Roman-era film that I'll give any old poo poo a watch. I want to believe...

this was the attitude that lead me to watching Pompeii (2014) in theaters. don't make the same mistake i did.

the Roman Cinematic Universe desperately needs a reboot

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Germstore posted:

the tv shows in the roman cinematic universe are pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knDKSmQXJjA

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I lost any hope in the Assassin's Creed movie when I heard they were leaving in the framing story at all, a bunch of peak mid-2000s sci-fi horseshit. Just do a goddamn movie about Ezio doing revenges on his family's enemies and being smug and charming, who gives a poo poo about boring modern day ancestors being plugged into VR chairs playing video games with their DNA and space aliens

didn't they drop that stuff for the actual games? I never played assassin creed, but my nephew said that meta plot was mostly dropped in the later games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mange Mite posted:

evil red-eyed justin bieber alien luring teens into the sewers would actually be a pretty awesome movie

evil app luring children into sewers would also work

if they could think of good original ideas they wouldnt be doing remakes

• Locked thread