Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Reboots will never die. A studio will always opt for rebooting IP they already own over new, untested IP given the chance. Give me a Citizen Kane remake that's actually just a fawning and uncritical portrait of Rupert Murdoch. I welcome death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

bongwizzard posted:

Like they made a spiderman movie set in the ACW?

Ken Burns presents: The Spider Man

*slow motion pan out of black and white photo of Spiderman while old timey piano tune plays*

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

bongwizzard posted:

Imho if they had hired him to make the movie version of "World War Z" it would have been a perfect film.

If they made it like a documentary version of a Studs Terkel book then yeah World War Z would have been great

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

loquacius posted:

also wasn't an all-female Ocean's Eleven a joke idea from the last thread or something because I guess it's a real thing now

Eh. It's not like the Sinatra original or the Clooney reboot movies are untouchable. The first Clooney movie is a fun heist movie with a good ensemble cast, Ocean's 12 was forgettable, and Ocean's 13 is just okay. A female ensemble cast could work out great, but it all comes down to casting.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It still weirds me out that Bob Dylan's son directed How High. Also this was before Lark Voorhees became schizophrenic or whatever :smith:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I could have sworn I saw a trailer for the Ben Hur remake like two years ago. Did the studio just shelve it so it can quietly die now?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I'll probably end up watching Ben-Hur because I'm just so desperate for another good Roman-era film that I'll give any old poo poo a watch. I want to believe...

Just watch The Eagle on Netflix. It's not great but pretty good. Don't subject yourself to new Ben-Hur.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

The Grimace posted:

I want the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie to be good. The games used to be great and then they kind of decided they have absolutely no idea what to do with the modern-day plot. Now the games are on hiatus for a year to ensure the new one doesn't turn out poo poo. They've also got Michael Fassbender really involved in the production of the movie. If it fails, it will mean bad news for the Assassin's Creed brand as a whole. I'm curious how it's all gonna turn out.

Since it's basically the same cast and crew as the Macbeth adaptation, it will at least be very pretty. But you're probably better off just watching their Macbeth adaptation because it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The TV movie IT scared the poo poo out of me as a kid. I remember being freaked out walking home through the woods as a kid after watching it at a friend's house, and that was in broad daylight. I like the patchwork aesthetic stuff from different eras on the new costume, but I'm not sure how well it'll work in practice. I hadn't heard that it takes place in present day which eh. Still wish Cary Fukunaga was attached because that guy rules.

• Locked thread