Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pvt.Scott posted:

It would have been better for Hearst to just let the movie play and ignore it. That wasn't his MO, apparently.

hearst was the kind of evil rich rear end in a top hat that if you made a movie of him people would assume he was a caricature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Germstore posted:

this. plus disney is far more competent than sony

yeah they made it a sequel and also dont seem eager to piss all over the original for no reason

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Crowsbeak posted:

If it's a sequel it's fine. My main gripe would be if it was a full remake because the forties was the era where while we fought a war we had several race riots.

Dunno you can't see any skin color in the costume. The dramatic irony of racist 40s people being saved by secret colored superheroes could work

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 29, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gently caress the ROW posted:

i saw the wonder woman trailer and she doesn't even wear the american flag on her rear end anymore

Well she's not American, she's israeli

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CelticPredator posted:

I love the story about a "god" letting his creation run around regular humans and becoming a piece of poo poo. It owns. I'm a big fan of Chappie and I like Chappie as a character. Come at me gently caress mother.

And on Paul Feig, good. Honestly I don't feel too bad for him. He acted kind of like an rear end about the whole thing and it wasn't really worth it in the end. You don't see Paul WS Anderson taking to twitter, getting mad and insulting everyone that didn't like The Three Musketeers. It's why PWSA gets to make a new movie every 2-3 years!

Also Paul WS Anderson is actually good at the movie parts of movies, scripts nonwithstanding

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Eh. It's not like the Sinatra original or the Clooney reboot movies are untouchable. The first Clooney movie is a fun heist movie with a good ensemble cast, Ocean's 12 was forgettable, and Ocean's 13 is just okay. A female ensemble cast could work out great, but it all comes down to casting.

yeah an all female oceans eleven makes sense and there's tons of great female actors that could headline a movie like that...

Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling, Rihanna and Awkwafina also are joining the ensemble heist film, dubbed 'Oceans Ocho.'

oh

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

loquacius posted:

I dunno who Awkwafina is but she is not an actress, and neither is Rihanna. And I'm gonna be honest here guys I have absolutely no idea what Mindy Kaling could contribute to a heist. Is she gonna be the hacker or what? I guess she's kind of similar to Eddie Jemison.

also, point of order, why could they not just call it "ocean's eight"

O11 vs. OO

one hole vs. two

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

loquacius posted:

Again it is a direct response to an obscure lovely joke-rap song wherein Mickey Avalon and some other guy argue about which of their dicks is awesome and which of their dicks is horrible

not that obscure, i believe it was featured in a harold and kumar movie

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Celluloid Sam posted:

every single stoner on the planet watched them and many of them try and tell me they are the best stoner films. my dudes have you seen up in smoke or how high

or at the very least dude wheres my car

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ork of Fiction posted:

Overselling a bad product erodes consumer confidence and is therefore Bad Marketing.

its true but sony's corporate culture seems to be the wild west so i dont think theyre willing to exercise that level of control over their individual execs

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I enjoyed death to smoochy. Only Robin Williams movie where he actually got to be robin williams

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

social vegan posted:

Remak e hollo man but have the hollow man respect everyone's pronouns

hollow man is a trans and xes going to break the cotton ceiling by any means necessary

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
in the remake he should be officer pennywise and he is a cop who steals the souls of people by shooting them

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Y-Hat posted:

nah man you gotta appeal to kids. pennywise needs to be a teen vine celebrity

evil red-eyed justin bieber alien luring teens into the sewers would actually be a pretty awesome movie

evil app luring children into sewers would also work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rutibex posted:

if they could think of good original ideas they wouldnt be doing remakes

i mean both of tehse are direct derivatives of the premise behind it

if they wanted to do a *dark and twizted* remake they should have just made the clown look like a sexy androgynous twink clown luring children into bathrooms at target to really scare everyone

• Locked thread