Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's a $50M opening, which is just the first weekend.

People are still hedging their bets on whether it'll beat the animated film The Life Of Pets which had a huge opening last week and is still going strong.

there's no way in hell it's coming close to life of pets. it'll be lucky if it gets ahead of life of pets in terms of revenue for this weekend not just opening weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Millions of Crows posted:

Freddie Got Fingered is way overdue for a revisit. No one is expecting it.

And gently caress the chinese market. No one should be tailoring anything to sell to an dystopian autocracy that is just as superstitious as it is oppressive and evil.

I wish i could start a production company out of Taiwan or Japan called gently caress You Nongs, every film would be about kaiju destroying mainland china and using the Mao's tomb as a toilet.

the hell is nong? I hope it's not a racial slur because it's pretty cool sounding and I want to try and use it

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I was taking a look at upcoming films on Rotten Tomatoes and here's one I'm actually interested in (and is relevant to the thread)

Can We Take A Joke? posted:

In the age of social media, nearly every day brings a new eruption of outrage. While people have always found something to be offended by, their ability to organize a groundswell of opposition to-and public censure of-their offender has never been more powerful. Today we're all one clumsy joke away from public ruin. Can We Take A Joke? offers a thought-provoking and wry exploration of outrage culture through the lens of stand-up comedy, with notables like Gilbert Gottfried, Penn Jillette, Lisa Lampanelli, and Adam Carolla detailing its stifling impact on comedy and the exchange of ideas. What will future will be like if we can't learn how to take a joke?

Sounds neat and I hope it's good.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Dreddout posted:

The Hulkster took down gawker. Now, he's comin' for vice and clickhole, brother!

not clickhole :ohdear:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

eric posted:

LOL who the gently caress rates anything on a 1-8 scale?

there's a lot to poo poo on cined about but the guy's obviously just torn between a 7.5 and 8. No need to be dumb about it.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Uncle Wemus posted:

also the chinese have no taste so hollywood can shovel poo poo onto them and make money

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't China had Hollywood films banned for an incredibly long time and just recently started to let them in? I think part of the reason it's doing so well is that it's new and unique.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Milo also got permabanned from twitter thanks to this latest tirade of racism and sexism against Leslie Jones.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn_vAcFGTJU

just saw this. I really like her channel and am glad the previous thread introduced it to me.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

(((Paladinus))) posted:

(((alt right)))

Am I right?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

jesus christ if you're mad that milo got permabanned then gently caress off

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Father Wendigo posted:

It's actually in a three way tie for third between Ice Age (which flopped) and Lights Out (which has had little to no marketing outside of generally positive reviews.) Star Trek is also having the lowest opening of the three in the series.

It's been a rough year for theaters. What's the next bomb in the pipeline, anyway?

Lights Out is a fantastic movie first of all, if you like horror you should go see it. Secondly, like you said it had little to no marketing. Finally, it had a budget of $4.9m and according to Box Office Mojo it's made almost $30m worldwide. I'd say that's pretty good especially since it's only been out 3 days and a lot of it is probably going to come from word of mouth more than advertisements.

Edit: New Ghostbusters is #3 in the Ghostbusters franchise right now apparently.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=ghostbusters.htm

Cowman fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 24, 2016

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The MSJ posted:

Lights Out is a remake of a 10 minute video.

Also I'm pretty sure many people in CD like Lights Out.

It's a 3 minute short done by the same director and was expanded into a full length movie.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

BillmasterCozb posted:

i hope sausage party bombs incredibly hard. I want Seth Rogen to stop making money that he does not deserve

it currently has a 100% on rotten tomatoes

out of 8 reviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

JediTalentAgent posted:

Years ago a guy who was a UFO researcher was claiming that people with a fear of clowns were abductees. Their fear of clowns came from their subconscious memories of these pale humanoid faces with exaggerated features.

that would be a cool movie

• Locked thread